2 meter, 70 cm Simplex around Troy, Wentzville or Warrenton

Forum for the St Louis Metropolition Area chapter members.

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 001 Officers

dpayette

2 meter, 70 cm Simplex around Troy, Wentzville or Warrenton

Post by dpayette » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:39 pm

This may sound silly, but I would like to find hams in between these areas to have in a network if something goes to hell in a handbasket. I would like to rely on simplex, understanding that one of the local repeaters would greatly broaden the network. My goal is to have a couple of contacts in each of these areas to help relay information that could be helpful in a SHTF secenario. The side goal is to connect with like minded people close to me until we are in the shit.

About me:
I live in Wright City and have been a Technician class Am. radio license holder for many years. I have 4 HT and play with them here and there.i dont want to spend my time talking about old dusty boxes and what ad blocking progam I am using, I would like to have a monthly "net" on simplex with some people from these areas if the terrain allows. If you are interested please PM me to exchange call signs, blah blah blah....

I am not Bert Gummer, and far from useless, just looking for contacts to help build a network.

KC0QAK

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Re: 2 meter, 70 cm Simplex around Troy, Wentzville or Warren

Post by crypto » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:38 pm

Sorry man, I'm about 40 miles east of you but way out of simplex range.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

Return to “ZSC:001”