Fishing Holes in the STL areas

Forum for the St Louis Metropolition Area chapter members.

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 001 Officers

bethanyb
ZS Member
ZS Member

Fishing Holes in the STL areas

Post by bethanyb » Tue May 20, 2014 8:31 pm

Where are some good places to do a day of fishing in the St. Louis area? I'd like to take my stepson fishing this summer and he has never gone fishing before so I'd like to go some place that we have a decent chance of catching something, even if we have to throw it back. Also a place that is enjoyable for a seven year old would be nice. Suggestions?

Edit : I usually go to Clearwater Lake or the black river. I'd like some place within 45-60 minutes of the Webster Groves area.
I survived Zombie Con 2008! Filtered Manbath - A little bit of shame in every sip.
I survived Zombie Con 2009! There's is more than one Highway M off of Missouri Hwy 8.
I survived Zombie Con 2010! I jumped, skipped and flipped.
I barely survived Zombie Con 2011! 5 days in the hospital, 3 in the ICU

sandcrawler
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead was funny along with Zombieland. On the more serious side the Resident Evil movies work for me. The WORST zombie movie I've seen to date is Poultrygeist

Re: Fishing Holes in the STL areas

Post by sandcrawler » Wed May 28, 2014 11:19 am

You might check out Suson Park or George Winter park. Suson has a lake and GW Park has access to a nice little creek which feeds into the Meremac.

I've had little luck at Suson and just re-discovered GW last week so I'd aim for the latter if it were me.
--
Sandcrawler
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal;
nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
Thomas Jefferson

Return to “ZSC:001”