Gauging Interest: Time Bank?

Forum for the St Louis Metropolition Area chapter members.

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 001 Officers

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Gauging Interest: Time Bank?

Post by crypto » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:34 am

Hey all. At a recent monthly meeting, one of our members brought up the idea of starting a ZS Time Bank. If you've never heard of it, its sort of a skills clearinghouse, where people trade time spent working on things they're good at. If you're good at fixing cars, for instance, you 'deposit time' in the time bank by helping another member fix their car. That member may be good at fixing computers, or painting, and spends an equal amount of time doing what they're good at for someone else in the time bank to 'balance the books'. It's kind of like an organized 'pay it forward' system.

This video has a good overview of the concept:

And this FAQ page has most of the answers to the questions you might be wondering about:

http://timebanks.org/what-is-timebanking/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ZSC-001 has a large number of people with a very, very broad variety of skills, and it seems like something such as this would be a great fit for us. Is there any interest in setting it up?
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

Braxton
Favorite Zombie Movies: I love them all.

Re: Gauging Interest: Time Bank?

Post by Braxton » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:20 pm

I love this idea.
Jeriah wrote: you are NEVER completely certain of any other human being: not your parents, not your brother, not your wife, nobody.
Actually I think under some circumstances people sometimes don't even know themselves, but that's a bit existential for this thread. :lol:

Gauge
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: Gauging Interest: Time Bank?

Post by Gauge » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:09 am

I also like this idea.

Return to “ZSC:001”