Final Four In New Orleans

Topics on travel. Heading out of the country or just out of state? Stop by here to share advice or post questions.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:16 pm

Anyone coming to the final four in New Orleans?

If you need parking I have parking right across from the Super Dome. Pm me if you need a parking space.

anonymac

Post by anonymac » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:58 am

Have tickets? Id seriously give a nut for tickets lol....GO BIG BLUE!
ImageImage

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: Final Four In New Orleans

Post by raptor » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:15 am

anonymac wrote:Have tickets? Id seriously give a nut for tickets lol....
Tickets are available (not through me) but dollars are preferred form of payment. :D

Roger Brough

Post by Roger Brough » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:41 am

Not going to the Final Four but wanted ask if you had that space during Katrina. The things I read about that place as shelter during the hurricane were incredible.

Many of the sports writers are picking Kentucky. The All-American freshman, Davis, is great to watch play. I'll watch this weekend but will tune out ofr the Final, since it is scheduled for next month. April madness, I don't think so.
People put too much emphasis on ole’ Charlie Darwin’s theory about the survival of the fittest. It has produced a cottage industry of shake-weights, special-muscle-morphing powder drinks, and girly men that sell exercise videos. Not me.
See, this here is the 1911.”

~Peter S. Thompson”

anonymac

Post by anonymac » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:04 pm

raptor wrote:
anonymac wrote:Have tickets? Id seriously give a nut for tickets lol....
Tickets are available (not through me) but dollars are preferred form of payment. :D

I sure wish I could find tickets at a REASONABLE price....we've got a group that would go if it wast $2000 per head minimum. It's just gonna be a bucket list item that will have to wait...
ImageImage

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:57 pm

The amazing thing is that the SuperDome can and has seated over 85,000 people. It officially held 87,500 concert goers for the 1981 Rolling Stones tour but the real number was estimated at over 90,000 people...they stopped counting at the maximum occupancy level.

That said the current NCAA seating arrangement requirement has a capacity of about half of that number. It makes you wonder why they intentionally limit the number of seats and hence tickets.

Return to “Travel”