First trip to Austin.

Topics on travel. Heading out of the country or just out of state? Stop by here to share advice or post questions.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Sworbeyegib
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead is what started it all for me

First trip to Austin.

Post by Sworbeyegib » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:44 am

Wow, I haven't been on ZS in a few weeks because my laptop decided to crap out on me. Luckily I've had a lot going on. Right now I'm sitting at Honolulu International Airport, eagerly awaiting my flight.

Heading to Austin, for a little under a week for a wedding. This is my first time in Texas, and my first time flying past the west coast in 10 years. Any input from any memebers in the area of things I absolutley MUST check out would be great. I should be able to find some sort of internet once I land.

I'll have a car while I'm there, but with the wedding on saturday, I'll have to squeeze in as much as I can during the days.
**Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't**

KentsOkay
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Re: First trip to Austin.

Post by KentsOkay » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:47 am

You gotta see the bats from congress bridge, but it will be a little cold for them. Barton Springs is worth checking out, the Texas State History museum is worth a perusal.

Outdoors or indoors?
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

Sworbeyegib

Post by Sworbeyegib » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:30 pm

Whatever I can squeeze in. I'm at the fairfield northwest, off of the mopac.

Barr
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Holy Trilogy of Dawn, Night and Day, Land of the Dead, Survival of the Dead, Diary of the Dead, Fido, Shaun of the Dead, hell all of them really

Post by Barr » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:40 pm

You need to go to theTexas Chili Parlor Texas Chili Parlor, awesome nachos, and kickass margaritas.

Barton Springs can be pretty, and you can always take a walk around Ladybird Lake, or bike around The Veloway, I know the botanical gardens isn't too far from there as well.

And if you wanted to go party there's always 6th street.

ETA and don't forget Gueros, (if you like tarantino films you are definitely wanna go there.)
Vicarious_Lee wrote:Fuck it I'm Zombie Squad. I got this shit

Sworbeyegib

Post by Sworbeyegib » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:26 pm

The wedding party is taking me out to 6th street for a few nights for sure. Also, and this is going to sound dorky of me, but I'm going to my first cabelas, in buda. I've never been, we dont have anything like that in Hawaii. My dad gos everytime he's in the mainlnd.

Return to “Travel”