Razor is Deployed.

Topics on travel. Heading out of the country or just out of state? Stop by here to share advice or post questions.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

LMM! (:
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead

Razor is Deployed.

Post by LMM! (: » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:04 pm

For those of you who care or want to help.
My husband who is also on ZS, Razor, is deployed to Afghanistan. If you're interested in sending him a care package or letter I just got his address if you can't do this Prayers also help.
(:
Thank you so much!

Anything and everything helps. PM me for the address. Or email me @ st3llar579@yahoo.com,
You can also follow my blog @ http://littlemissmercedes.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's his list.

Amazon gift cards (To buy kindle books)
Baby wipes, lots of baby wipes. (Their water heater got blown up a couple of months ago so no warm showers.
Dial for men hair and body
Neutrogena skin care shave cream
Men's Hitch Lite Cushion Boot Sock size MD from Under Armour
Men's O Series Boxerjock 6in size MD from Under Armour
Gun magizines (The kind you read.)
Skullcandy FMJ earbuds

Amalite M4 stuff:

Firing pin
Firing pin retaining pin
Bolt rings (3)
Complete bolt carrier w/bolt
Extractor spring
Hammer spring
Trigger pin
Selector detent spring
Rear take-down sping w/detent
Roll pins (3)
Magazine catch
Bolt catch

This is a working list and will be updated as needed based on how things
are at my COB and how well we're set with supply. Right now this list is
just stuff I know I will need based on what I know will wear out, get
used or break while I am over there.

Please no tooth brushes, tooth paste, bar soap, or knifes. These things
are in abundance over there from all the care packages sent out by the
FRGs and such. The things I'm listing will be stuff I will want/need
based on my last deployment and what I've been told about the area I'm
going to. This way y'all don't spend money or waste time getting me stuff
I won't need. Thanks. :D

lowjohn19

Re: Razor is Deployed.

Post by lowjohn19 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:06 pm

Thanks Razor for your service. Prayers heading your way.

LMM! (:

Post by LMM! (: » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:11 pm

We appreciate everything. (:

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:01 am

http://www.manybooks.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.gutenberg.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not much money, but here's a contribution. I get like 99% of my reading material from these two sites.
Good luck to Razor.
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:24 pm

Best of luck to Razor and you also!

Thank you for your service!
WWSD?

Razor
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Razor » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:55 am

Thanks to every one, and thanks for posting this up babe.

Just an up date on me I'm in place here in Afghanistan. Up till now things have been very chill, we've been in a remote area staging for some up coming missions. I should be away from internet for a few weeks, but I wanted to hop on real fast and say thanks to every one for their support. I'll try to keep y'all posted on how things are going.
Absit invidia.

oldsoldier
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead got it rolling for me, although, classics like White Zombie are fun to watch as well

Post by oldsoldier » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:59 am

Conveniently enough, I have a bandmate looking to send stuff to a specific person, expect an email from me shortly.
Feel free to check out our ZS chapter 022 FB page as well. This can be found here

WY_Not

Post by WY_Not » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:19 am

<copy of email sent>

Best of wishes to you and your hubby. Can certainly relate. Sister has been over there twice (at least). Last time they were planning on putting her at a forward location till the local commander got wind of it and told higher ups that they didn’t even have facilities for women at that location. She got sent to Baghdad instead. This year she’s stationed stateside so I’ve got word in to her to get me an address of someone she knows over in the sandbox that we can put together some care packages for. I know the kids really enjoyed putting the packages together for their aunt but I’m sure they would be just as thrilled to put some together for someone they don’t know. And it is good for the heart/soul to just do things like that.

Anyway, both times she was there over the holidays so the kids and I put together several care packages for her and also for her to pass out to those she was working with. Mostly contained: candies, cookies (homemade), coffee, creamers, girly stuff like hand moisturizers and lip balms, etc., as well as other things. I know these things are not on his list but are they things he’d be interested in (other than the girly, smelly stuff hehehe) for himself and those there with him? Anything not on the list that he may not need but might like just as morale boost? Ie any particular sports team? crossword fan? Sudoku fan? My sister is an Ohio State fan so we sent her some OSU trinkets as well as Sudoku books to help her pass the time.

Joseph
LMM! (: wrote:For those of you who care or want to help.
My husband who is also on ZS, Razor, is deployed to Afghanistan. If you're interested in sending him a care package or letter I just got his address if you can't do this Prayers also help.
(:
Thank you so much!

Anything and everything helps. PM me for the address. Or email me @ st3llar579@yahoo.com,
You can also follow my blog @ http://littlemissmercedes.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's his list.

Amazon gift cards (To buy kindle books)
Baby wipes, lots of baby wipes. (Their water heater got blown up a couple of months ago so no warm showers.
Dial for men hair and body
Neutrogena skin care shave cream
Men's Hitch Lite Cushion Boot Sock size MD from Under Armour
Men's O Series Boxerjock 6in size MD from Under Armour
Gun magizines (The kind you read.)
Skullcandy FMJ earbuds

Amalite M4 stuff:

Firing pin
Firing pin retaining pin
Bolt rings (3)
Complete bolt carrier w/bolt
Extractor spring
Hammer spring
Trigger pin
Selector detent spring
Rear take-down sping w/detent
Roll pins (3)
Magazine catch
Bolt catch

This is a working list and will be updated as needed based on how things
are at my COB and how well we're set with supply. Right now this list is
just stuff I know I will need based on what I know will wear out, get
used or break while I am over there.

Please no tooth brushes, tooth paste, bar soap, or knifes. These things
are in abundance over there from all the care packages sent out by the
FRGs and such. The things I'm listing will be stuff I will want/need
based on my last deployment and what I've been told about the area I'm
going to. This way y'all don't spend money or waste time getting me stuff
I won't need. Thanks. :D

oldsoldier
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead got it rolling for me, although, classics like White Zombie are fun to watch as well

Post by oldsoldier » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:22 am

A couple other small items, that I, and others, have found useful:
Hard candy. Small trinket toys. Both of these can be found in dollar stores. They go a long way towards getting along with locals. Kids ALWAYS flock to local patrols, and handing out some hard candy, or a small toys (rubber balls, cars, things of that nature), keeps them happy. And, sometimes, they can be a good source of info.
Feel free to check out our ZS chapter 022 FB page as well. This can be found here

Razor
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Razor » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:49 am

Those are all great things, right now we're doing a bunch of patrols into the local village just to help set up a good image in the eyes of the locals and so far we are doing a good job of it, in the short time we've been here we have done a lot of damage to the Taliban and set our self's up as a unit that can be trusted.
WY_Not wrote: Anyway, both times she was there over the holidays so the kids and I put together several care packages for her and also for her to pass out to those she was working with. Mostly contained: candies, cookies (homemade), coffee, creamers, girly stuff like hand moisturizers and lip balms, etc., as well as other things. I know these things are not on his list but are they things he’d be interested in (other than the girly, smelly stuff hehehe) for himself and those there with him? Anything not on the list that he may not need but might like just as morale boost? Ie any particular sports team? crossword fan? Sudoku fan? My sister is an Ohio State fan so we sent her some OSU trinkets as well as Sudoku books to help her pass the time.

Joseph
Yes I would, honestly any thing is great if I don't use it my guys will. The list was just more or less some thing to give people ideas on what to send last tour every one was asking about stuff to send and I had no idea this time I'm a little bit more in the know.

Thank you so much to every one for all your support, y'all have no idea how much it means to me and my guys out here good people like y'all are really one of the big reasons why we can go out and do the things we have to do. Thank you all.
Absit invidia.

ActiveShooter
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead (both), Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, The Walking Dead (ok so it's a show and not a movie whatever it's still great!).

Post by ActiveShooter » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:39 pm

Best of luck and stay safe out there!! Can you say what Province you're at? I did a tour in Paktika always curious to see if others get to enjoy the same tourist resort I did haha!
Do not look back in anger, or forward in fear, but around in awareness. -- James Thurber

Razor
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Razor » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:43 am

I'm bouncing around Wardak and Logar more or less. Mostly Wardak though.
Absit invidia.

ActiveShooter
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead (both), Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, The Walking Dead (ok so it's a show and not a movie whatever it's still great!).

Post by ActiveShooter » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:20 pm

Razor wrote:I'm bouncing around Wardak and Logar more or less. Mostly Wardak though.

I had some buddies out there when I was there in 2008 they were with the PRTs. Good luck and stay safe!
Do not look back in anger, or forward in fear, but around in awareness. -- James Thurber

WY_Not

Post by WY_Not » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:30 am

Can anyone PM me Razor's ZIP code? The one his wife gave me has 6 digits rather than 5. Got a package ready to send.

maxfarrand
Favorite Zombie Movies: Milla Jovavich...uh I mean Resident Evil.

Post by maxfarrand » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:52 pm

Razor,
Good luck bro. I just got back from that shithole. If you PM me your address, I'll send ya stuff.
Max

LMM! (:

Post by LMM! (: » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:57 am

Razor should be coming home soon within the month! :D

Return to “Travel”