San Antonio, TX

Topics on travel. Heading out of the country or just out of state? Stop by here to share advice or post questions.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

MaconCJ7
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

San Antonio, TX

Post by MaconCJ7 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:32 pm

What's the good word? What are good Elementary and Middle Schools? What areas should I stay away from? Looking to buy a house.

Barr
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Holy Trilogy of Dawn, Night and Day, Land of the Dead, Survival of the Dead, Diary of the Dead, Fido, Shaun of the Dead, hell all of them really

Re: San Antonio, TX

Post by Barr » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:59 pm

Kinda depends on where you will be working and how much you wanna spend on the house.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:Fuck it I'm Zombie Squad. I got this shit

Omega Dog

Post by Omega Dog » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:23 pm

Lived here for the last 3 years, after moving from Houston. Avoid the entire Area South of Downtown,,Southeast and Southwest San Antonio period. These areas have the highest Gang activity and related crimes.
The best schools and housing are located on the Northside, Northeast, and Northwest. Like anywhere else, you get what you pay for

SRO1911

Post by SRO1911 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:17 pm

Castle hills and shavano park are very nice.
Without more details on where you'll need to be for work or what the budget is I can't tell you much. My wife is a SA native and spent 42 years there.

MaconCJ7
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by MaconCJ7 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:30 pm

We're looking at $200K for the house. Location of work matters less than school quality and relative neighborhood safety. We're willing to travel a little more if the kids are in good schools. Our research has echoed the statements that northside is the better area for schools. What are decent neighborhoods? Preferably NW, but NE isn't out of the question, as it adds minimal travel time. Our info has so far told us to look on the outside of the 1604, so that's where we've been looking. But, pictures only tell you so much when you don't have boots on the ground.

Thank you for the input so far.

Return to “Travel”