Panama City, Florida

Topics on travel. Heading out of the country or just out of state? Stop by here to share advice or post questions.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

AmnJoker333
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead

Panama City, Florida

Post by AmnJoker333 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:50 am

Just got notified that I am PCS'ing to Tyndall AFB, FL in January, which I believe is close to Panama City. I plan on applying for a concealed carry permit while I am down there, and I've already reviewed the laws. It looks like a training class is required to apply. What places can you guys recommend for this training in the local area?

I will also be more than likely living off base. Is it a pretty decent area, or are there some spots I should watch out for, and may not want to live around?

Beyond the things I already mentioned, what is the city like? Any cool things you guys recommend I check out while I am down there? What are some good places to eat down that way?
AR-15/Glock/.45 vs 9mm neutral/pie

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: Panama City, Florida

Post by raptor » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:55 am

Panama City has a lot going for it but it is a tourist town that is inundated with beach goers in the summer. Rental housing can be quite pricey for this reason if it is near the beach.

A lot of the military personnel/employees live north of I-10 for that reason. Take you time look around.

TN-Shooter
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later

Post by TN-Shooter » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:13 am

I love PCB. I've been trying to move down there for a couple years now. You'll only be able to stand it if your young. And can deal with all the idiots down there.
What if everyone was once a zombie but there was a human apocalypse?

Das Sheep

Post by Das Sheep » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:25 am

I am active military in Florida with my CCW.

I was not required to take a class. I just had to bring my military ID along with my money order.

Call the licensing office. Might save you $50 or so.

Florida also has really good reciprocity with other states so the Florida lisense is good through much of the south and midwest. Good for 7 years.

Return to “Travel”