Tips for farmers cheese

For all your pre- and post-PAW food and beverage recipes. Just because it keeps you alive doesn't mean it shouldn't be tasty.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Ghostdog914
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later

Tips for farmers cheese

Post by Ghostdog914 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:34 pm

I made my first batch Monday. I wasn't expecting tons of flavor so I added a jalapeño while it was draining in the colander. When it was done unless you chewed on jalapeño it was the most tasteless thing I've ever had. I added it to scrambled eggs and it even sucked the taste out of them. I used lemon juice to start the curds. Any tips?

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Re: Tips for farmers cheese

Post by Halfapint » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:15 pm

Not sure how much salt you added. but you may want to add more salt when most of the whey has drained off. Other than that, I never remember it having a heck of a lot of flavor.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Ghostdog914
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later

Post by Ghostdog914 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:16 pm

I didn't add much. I'm going to try adding the peppers while it's in the pan

RogerK

Post by RogerK » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:58 pm

It's not supposed to be a 'flavor'.

It's cheese and basically a condiment
Thomas Gallowglass wrote:Amoung the things I've learned in life are these two tidbits...
1) don't put trust into how politicians explain things
2) you are likely to bleed if you base your actions upon 'hope'...

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:51 am

It's sort of like cream cheese or cottage cheese (depending on how much you drain or press it).
No flavor, so it picks up the flavors you use with it.
Use it in anything you would use cream cheese, paneer or cottage cheese in - cheesecake, filling for blintzes, ravioli, and the like.

Not sure why the jalapeno didn't flavor it. We use 1 teaspoon salt per half gallon of milk.
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

Return to “Eats and Drinks”