It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:23 pm 

HA! EVERYONE who goes to college in VT, myself included, drinks themselves silly on Long Trail(usually Blackbeary Wheat) though I preferred just their Ale. By the time I reached the real world, I'd had so much damn LT that I almost have no interest in it. I used to work at a resort that had their own LT series, "Tram Ale", that was pretty good, but kinda light for my liking. Long Trail is, however, a good company AND they make trail-friendly cans. However, my local grocer had a huge box of various Shock Top tall boys for $0.75 a pop so I'm well stocked from a non-local company at the moment.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:05 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

SJNoftz wrote:
HA! EVERYONE who goes to college in VT, myself included, drinks themselves silly on Long Trail(usually Blackbeary Wheat) though I preferred just their Ale. By the time I reached the real world, I'd had so much damn LT that I almost have no interest in it. I used to work at a resort that had their own LT series, "Tram Ale", that was pretty good, but kinda light for my liking. Long Trail is, however, a good company AND they make trail-friendly cans. However, my local grocer had a huge box of various Shock Top tall boys for $0.75 a pop so I'm well stocked from a non-local company at the moment.

Damn that is a great price for tall boys! And yeah I can imagine getting sick of something but man I sure love the Long Trail Ale as well. It's super good

ZS Fleet #0481

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:13 pm 

Yeah, it's good quality stuff and their season brews are usually terrific, and it's always a great standby. Plus, you can tour their brewery and get the tour, two pints of your choice, and a LT pint glass for like $10.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:46 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

SJNoftz wrote:
Yeah, it's good quality stuff and their season brews are usually terrific, and it's always a great standby. Plus, you can tour their brewery and get the tour, two pints of your choice, and a LT pint glass for like $10.

Shoot I should definitely get up there and do that, I love brewery tours! :clap:

ZS Fleet #0481

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:34 pm 

I can give you a list of a million great places to tour if you make your way up here. Hard cider too. I don't often drink it, but occasionally I'll grab one and there are some awesome brands up here(Citizen Cider is by far the best).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:43 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

SJNoftz wrote:
I can give you a list of a million great places to tour if you make your way up here. Hard cider too. I don't often drink it, but occasionally I'll grab one and there are some awesome brands up here(Citizen Cider is by far the best).

I won't lie, I do love a hard cider, but I have to be in the mood for it. It helps that it's fall, that's for sure! I've even thought of making my own hard cider if I managed to have the time

ZS Fleet #0481

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:41 am 

SJNoftz wrote:
I reside in Vermont, which has more breweries than trees, more trees than cows, and more cows than people, so I can't help pick out a new brew every time I hit a liquor store. From the bottle I generally bring home a local brew from a place called The Shed. If I'm at a bar, I'll usually go with a tap-only Switchback Ale.

Send me some Heady Topper. ;)

Or Hill Farmstead.

It's nice being in the northwest. We've a ton of breweries, and the local exchange here gets slightly-expried-awesome-beer at crazy prices. ($10/case). You see names like Green Flash, Boulevard, etc... come through and and it's almost crazy to drink anything else. At the least, it cut the low end beers out of our beer budget.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:32 pm 

Heady Topper is probably one of my all time favorites. I envy your prices, Vermont is a great place, but our taxes are super high. 6% sales with additional 1% in some communities, $2.60-something tax on cigarettes(it goes up regularly), 10% tax on liquor again with an extra 1% in some places. However, our tax-free neighbor New Hampshire's just over an hour away.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:37 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

.milFox wrote:
SJNoftz wrote:
I reside in Vermont, which has more breweries than trees, more trees than cows, and more cows than people, so I can't help pick out a new brew every time I hit a liquor store. From the bottle I generally bring home a local brew from a place called The Shed. If I'm at a bar, I'll usually go with a tap-only Switchback Ale.

Send me some Heady Topper. ;)

Or Hill Farmstead.

It's nice being in the northwest. We've a ton of breweries, and the local exchange here gets slightly-expried-awesome-beer at crazy prices. ($10/case). You see names like Green Flash, Boulevard, etc... come through and and it's almost crazy to drink anything else. At the least, it cut the low end beers out of our beer budget.

Color me jealous. Good beer doesn't "expire" as quickly as most believe. Thank you FDA for "best buy" dates and the people who subsequently believe in them.

Heck, I have one bottle of Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout from 5 years ago that is perfectly good. I drank the 4 year old version of it last winter and it was incredible.

"If you are prepped for pandemic flu, you are more than prepped for Ebola. And pandemic flu is hella more likely, that's the one that scares me, personally." - Duodecima...and she's a freaking doctor. What are you?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:22 pm 

Yeah, I went to Long Island with a friend and his girlfriend earlier in the year almost solely so she could recover her collection of premium beers a friend had been keeping for her at his shop for something like six years that she cached there before she left for the north. They had been sitting, granted in a well contained room at a liquor store, but we cracked open a few on the beach that night and they were still wonderful. I wish I remember some of the bottles we cracked open, I have to go back to the competing resort were she has my job so that I can ask what she had then and what she has left.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:54 pm 

Stone Ruin10

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
Thomas Paine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:22 am 

Mmm, 2 Beers 'Grey Skies' (a dark version of their day hiker pale) is niiiceee...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:58 pm 

Just bought a case of Magic Hat Halloween variety bottles. Had to get it because it says 'Night of the Living Dead' in huge print on the case. It's mostly stuff that's easy to find in six-packs like No.9, Jinx, Hi No.9 IPA, and, winning best name, Wilhelm Scream Pumpkin Ale.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:36 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

I'm drinking 'Rebel Red' Irish red ale, it's a traditional red ale (think Smithwicks) that's brewed in Cork. Good stuff.

airballrad wrote:
All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D

wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:01 am 

I'm not much of a beer drinker. I'm more of a vodka guy and sometimes a whiskey but when I'm in the mood, I go for some sweet or flavored beer. Some hard cider is good too.

Currently have these in my rotation at home.

Floris Honey for me and Floris Apple for the Mrs. Getting the Floris chocolate next time.
Wells Banana Bread beer if I want something darker/stronger.

Bear_B wrote:
I am not too worried about the bullet with my name on it... its the bullets flying around with question marks on them that worry me.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:25 am 

Making hard cider got about an other week for the first batch to get finished fermenting !

If you have faith, chaos will turn into order.

Let them hate...So long as they fear!

In the absence of light darkness will prevail

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:27 am 

wee drop o' bush wrote:
I'm drinking 'Rebel Red' Irish red ale, it's a traditional red ale (think Smithwicks) that's brewed in Cork. Good stuff.

Looks really good wish i was there to finish a pint or 3!

If you have faith, chaos will turn into order.

Let them hate...So long as they fear!

In the absence of light darkness will prevail

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:36 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Got two corny 5 gal kegs of my all grain brewed "Cimerrian Citra IPA" all citra hopped. Keg 1 CA ale yeast keg 2 dry English ale yeast. Liking the CA ale one a bit better.[img]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/13/57187f70122a5dfaee46b05135a9901c.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:45 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

buck85 wrote:
wee drop o' bush wrote:

Looks really good wish i was there to finish a pint or 3!

It's really velvety, I have two bottles chilling in my fridge but alas I broke my leg last Thursday so alcohol is temporarily out :|
They'll be well chilled by the time I'm able to drink them.

airballrad wrote:
All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D

wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:51 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

1. Samichlaus
2. Gulden Draak
3. Oberon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:40 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Revolver Blood and Honey, damned fine beer.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:21 am 

Well damn, don't know how I didn't see this thread before! Just got into the craft beer scene last year, really loving it. There's not much available out here, but when I go home to Seattle on vacation I tend to splurge just a bit.

Though there is a brewfest on Friday that I'm attending, there's gonna be a good 14+ breweries in attendance, so I'm looking forward to it!

Tactical furry.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:07 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Brewing tomorrow, a hoppy ESB having one of these now [img]http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j470/Jerry0nly/Mobile%20Uploads/aviary_1398645376326.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:07 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Double post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next