It is currently Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:00 pm 

Best beer I have yet found is Black Boss Porter(Browar Witnica, PL). ~10% and very tasty.
I also recently enjoyed a Primator Double Bock(Czech, IIRC).
I'll have some empty-house evenings next week, so I'm looking forward to trying another new brew or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:16 am 

I went to a local brewfest last weekend and while I don't think there wasn't a beer I didn't like, one really stood out: Sacred Creed saison by Roadhouse Brewing. This isn't normally my type of brew, but ohhhh my FSM this was epic. Light and refreshing, but tons of sweet, crisp flavors that just blew me away. Definitely going to pick up a six-pack of this sometime in the future.

Tactical furry.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:30 pm 

14th Star Brewery Valor Ale, it's on the hoppy side so almost like an IPA, but very full flavored. Veteran owned and operated brewery near where I live in VT, they also have an absurd sounding but amazing tasting maple breakfast stout and their Tribute Double IPA is nothing to scoff at.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:46 pm 

Trying New Belgium Rampant DIPA right now.

I either REALLY, REALLY like this, or just... not at all...

Definitely one of the above.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:31 pm 

A new brew from Otter Creek, Backseat Berner IPA, not bad.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:18 pm 

I got to try a few went I went home to Seattle this past week-

-Pyramid IPA: Meh, at best. Just seemed kind of watered down to me.
-Saison, Amber, IPA, porter, Pale Ale, and Red ale, all from Scuttlebutt brewing in Everett, WA. Saison, Amber, and Red were all fantastic. IPA was a little light on the hops for me, the porter wasn't quite as "in your face" as I had been hoping for, a little bit on the weaker side. The pale was more IPA'ish than the actual one :lol: Huge hop-bomb, nicely balanced, with just a hint of grapefruit on the finish. Really enjoyed that one.
-Manny's pale ale: Still my go-to whenever I'm in the area
-Pliney the Elder on tap at some hole-in-the-wall bar in Snoqualmie. Just as epic as I remember.
-Ninkasi Total Domination IPA: HOLY SHIT THE HOPS ARE REAL.

Tactical furry.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 pm 

At a memorial service this past weekend, went to a luncheon afterwards with the family.

Tried a few Goose Island 312 Urban Wheat Ale, it was pretty good. Not quite on par with some other Belgian style wheats, but palatable for a few anyway. Read up on a few others they offer, and am looking forward to trying the Oktoberfest when it's available this year.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:23 pm 

SJNoftz wrote:
14th Star Brewery Valor Ale, it's on the hoppy side so almost like an IPA, but very full flavored. Veteran owned and operated brewery near where I live in VT, they also have an absurd sounding but amazing tasting maple breakfast stout and their Tribute Double IPA is nothing to scoff at.

You are right, I really like those brews, and the 11 BRAVO ale, very tasty.

At this moment I have a Alchemist Heady Topper in my hand, it's an American double IPA. If you haven't heard of it, people wait in a line for the truck to bring it to the store I go to. Some places put a limit on how much you can buy, they don't have to even put it in the beer cooler. They just stack the cardboard cases of the four packs of cans ($12.00), on a cart in the beer isle and it disappears.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:13 am 

Mickeys is my go to booze. Or whatever is cheap.

-K/N Frame/M&P Lover.

“Hey man, you’re playing some killer music this morning. I have an empty cop car sitting outside my place. It’s been sitting there all night with the light bar flashing”. - Random Radio Caller

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:21 pm 

The Von Trapp lodge in Stowe Vermont has started to bottle their own beers. I found a mixed 12 pack of four styles at a local
beverage store. With Pilsner lager, Vienna lager, Helles lager and Dunkel (dark).
I am pretty impressed with their brews, cheers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Had "Hop Knot" from AZ and it's a very decent IPA

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:44 am 

Shiloh wrote:
I got to try a few went I went home to Seattle this past week-

-Pyramid IPA: Meh, at best. Just seemed kind of watered down to me.
-Saison, Amber, IPA, porter, Pale Ale, and Red ale, all from Scuttlebutt brewing in Everett, WA. Saison, Amber, and Red were all fantastic. IPA was a little light on the hops for me, the porter wasn't quite as "in your face" as I had been hoping for, a little bit on the weaker side. The pale was more IPA'ish than the actual one :lol: Huge hop-bomb, nicely balanced, with just a hint of grapefruit on the finish. Really enjoyed that one.
-Manny's pale ale: Still my go-to whenever I'm in the area
-Pliney the Elder on tap at some hole-in-the-wall bar in Snoqualmie. Just as epic as I remember.
-Ninkasi Total Domination IPA: HOLY SHIT THE HOPS ARE REAL.

Ninkasi is right by my house and makes some of the best beer around. Not a fan of the Pyramid IPA, Thunderhead I believe its called, but their Imperial IPA, Outburst, is fantastic. It's 8.5% and only $2.50/22oz. I'm an ABV whore so 8.5 for that price is too good to pass up.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:08 pm 

For 20 years I try this and that and I keep coming back to Rolling Rock Extra Pale

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:04 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Badger24 wrote:
SJNoftz wrote:

You are right, I really like those brews, and the 11 BRAVO ale, very tasty.

At this moment I have a Alchemist Heady Topper in my hand, it's an American double IPA. If you haven't heard of it, people wait in a line for the truck to bring it to the store I go to. Some places put a limit on how much you can buy, they don't have to even put it in the beer cooler. They just stack the cardboard cases of the four packs of cans ($12.00), on a cart in the beer isle and it disappears.

East coast Pliny. Pliny gets that way here. I've had both but I'm a fan of pliny over heady... love heady tho I got four of em here and a couple pliny's

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:38 pm 

I know this is a long shot, but is possible to order Heady Topper anywhere? It's my friend's birthday coming up and he's absolutely obsessed with the stuff, and getting him a case of HT would blow his mind.

Tactical furry.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:43 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Update for current favorite Beers

#1 Samichlaus Classic 14% ABV http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/285/776/
#2 Gulden Draak Quadruple 9000 10.7% ABV http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/48/71973/
#3 Delirium Tremens Red 8.0% ABV http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/180/68452/

I have actually mixed Draak with Samichlaus before (Call me crazy) and it was delicious!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:08 pm 

Here's a few I've tried recently:

1. Odell's Fernet Aged Porter - My god, probably one of my favorite porters to date. Deep chocolate and toffee flavors, even a touch of cinnamon on the very end. Just delicious.

2. New Belgium Rampant Imperial IPA - Ehhhhh...for a supposed "imperial" IPA, this thing is hella light. Tasty enough, and really drinkable for an 8.5% ABV, but I just wish there was more there.

Tactical furry.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:35 pm 

A few more (I swear I'm not an alcoholic :lol:)

-Odell's 5 Barrel pale ale. Crisp and clean, with just enough hops for that little "bite" without being overbearing.

-Porter from our local taphouse, probably one of the thickest, blackest concoctions I've ever run across. Super delicious, but I don't think I could have more than one or two at a time.

-Not Your Father's Root Beer: Okay, if you haven't tried this, do it ASAP. I stumbled across it at the store today and immediately snatched up two packs just because of the hype, and I am NOT disappointed whatsoever. Imagine a really good IBC or A&W root beer, but not as sickly sweet and just the right amount of ABV (5.9% I believe).

Tactical furry.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:10 pm 

Tend to stay with same brands for long stretches of time. For about the last 12-15 years favorite has been Sam Adams Octoberfest, When that's not available regular Sam Adams ( especially on tap) . Go to beer for regular bbq or Pizza .Tecate
Not a true beer or ale but I tried a six pk. of Leinenkugel Harvest Patch Shandy and it was pretty tasty. But it doesn't[ really taste like a beer though. Hardly ever just have a beer without food but that one would do.

John Titor was right

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:01 pm 

Winter in the Northwest

Since I live by the Canadian border, where the winters are extremely damp and rainy,
I tend to drink Scotch Ales in the wintertime-and since the Northwest is lousy with craft
breweries, it is easy to find stuff. Sometimes they give the beers cutesy yuppie names,
but there is nothing cutesy about the products-good hearty ales that any Sam Adams
drinker would like-

--Gypsy Proverb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:54 am 

What I've been trying the past few weeks:

-Deschutes brewing co. Black Butte Porter: Super flavorful, lots of coffee and chocolate notes (more specifically the former) ABV of 5.2%, and for being so dark you can definitely put a few back with no problem. 8/10.

-Odell's Rawah Rye IPA: This came in a sampler I got at our local liquor store. I was a bit skeptical but it was super tasty. Not too heavy, 6.8% ABV. The "rye" part of this one wasn't overbearing whatsoever so I was definitely able to enjoy it. Probably not an everyday beer for me but still a good experience. 8/10

-Deschutes brewing co. Obsidian Stout: Holy shit. If you're looking for the darkest, blackest beer that's easily available...this is it. Pours like motor oil, medium brown head (wayyyy beyond "khaki"). Notes of smoky chocolate and roasted coffee. 6.4% ABV. Definitely one of the heaviest, but most flavorful beers I've ever had. Definitely not a session brew but sipping one or two of these throughout the night is perfect, considering as it warms up some of those chocolate flavors really seem to pop. By far one of the best stouts I've ever had. 10/10.

-Sierra Nevada Celebration IPA: 6.8% ABV. Honestly, this one reminds me of their Torpedo IPA with just a little more of that malt flavor up front. Not saying that's a bad thing, cuz it definitely isn't. Exceptionally smooth finish and no offensive aftertaste. 9/10.

-Dale's Pale Ale: My standy/go-to beer. It's cheap, I can find it everywhere, and it's delicious. 6.5% ABV. Pours a nice medium amber color, plenty of carbonation and a thick head that sticks around for a while. Super flavorful and a smoooooth drinker. 9/10.

Tactical furry.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:48 am 

My favorite beer in the world is a small mom and pop brewery in Vista, CA called Iron Fist, if anyone's in the area I highly recommend them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:20 pm 

My personal favorite is Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale.

Maritime Pacific's Jolly Tiger is great, but you won't find it outside of the Seattle area.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:16 pm 

So I got my tax refund today... :awesome:

Tactical furry.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18