It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:54 am 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Location: Aboard Baron von Counterculture's groovy purple dirigible, glaring down through a monocle.
I've been cooking a lot recently, so I'll try and add some more recipes to here.

Tuna burgers, a recipe of approximations because I don't know the exact measurements of anything. Feeds probably 8?

12 cans of tuna or skipjack or something fishy, drained
3 eggs, beaten
A few cloves of diced garlic, or more if you like garlic
1 large onion, diced finely
Breadcrumbs, maybe a cup or so?
Italian seasoning
Oil for frying (vegetable is good)
Burger fixings and such

Put the fish in a large bowl. Stir in the garlic, eggs, onion, and some Italian seasoning until everything is mixed well. Start adding in bread crumbs- how much depends on how wet your mixture is. You want it to hold together and not drip when you make a patty, but not be so dry the patty breaks apart. You'll figure it out when you start making them, because if they're too wet they'll squish apart and if they're too dry they'll crumble. I usually work the crumbs in with my hands, because I'm a savage and it's easier.

Once you've got the mixture at the desired consistency, heat up some oil in a frying pan. Form patties about the size of a smallish burger patty (if they're too big they'll break apart. Aim for a little bigger than the diameter of a soda can). Fry them, flipping once, until both sides are browned and the patties are cooked through. Serve!

shrapnel wrote:
Darling, I would never fondle your sphenoid.
Dr. Cox wrote:
People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings.
JamesCannon wrote:
Shrapnel, if you were a superhero, you'd be Captain Buzzkill Peener Pain.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:20 am 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Location: Aboard Baron von Counterculture's groovy purple dirigible, glaring down through a monocle.
Zucchini spinach lasagna, for when you don't care to use noodles and are willing to waste time faffing around with zucchini. Adapted from here.

3 or 4 Medium to large zucchinis, sliced thinly (1/8" thick is good, but I had a lot of variation and it was fine)
1.5 c part skim ricotta cheese
1/4 c parmesan cheese
1 large egg
A jar of pasta sauce
A bunch of spinach
Garlic powder
A few cloves of diced garlic, or more if you like garlic
Italian seasoning
16 oz or so of grated mozzarella cheese

Zucchinis are wet, so we need to get rid of some moisture. Lightly salt the slices and let stand for 10 minutes. This should draw some liquid out. Blot them dry with a paper towel.

If you have a grill, cool, use that. If not, use the broiler on your oven and broil the zucchinis for 2-3 minutes per side, to cook off some more liquid. Let them cool a bit. Meanwhile, turn the oven to heat to 375*.

Mix the ricotta, egg, and parmesan cheese together in a bowl.

In a baking dish (9x12? Whatever) spread a bit of sauce on the bottom. Put a layer of zucchini on top of it. Spread like half a cup of the ricotta mixture on the zucchini, then a layer of spinach and garlic, then some spices, then some mozzarella cheese, then some sauce, then zucchini... repeat until you're out of ingredients. Reserve enough mozzarella to cover the top later. Make the final layer zucchini with sauce on top of it.

Cover with tin foil and bake for 20-30 minutes.

Take the foil off and bake for another 20 minutes, to dry everything up a bit.

Sprinkle the reserved cheese on top of the lasagna and bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted. You're done!

Let stand for 5-10 minutes, and serve.

The recipe definitely came our wetter than noodle lasagna, but it's tasty and slightly healthier than noodles. I like it!

shrapnel wrote:
Darling, I would never fondle your sphenoid.
Dr. Cox wrote:
People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings.
JamesCannon wrote:
Shrapnel, if you were a superhero, you'd be Captain Buzzkill Peener Pain.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:30 pm 

Imma just hijack this thread right hyar...

The Best Damn Slowcooker Chicken

Ingredients:
-3 or 4 chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
-(1) 8oz can of Rotel tomatoes
-(1) 8oz can of corn
-(1) 8oz can of black beans, strained
-(1) 8oz block of cream cheese
-1 tsp cumin
-1 tbsp chili powder
-1 packet of nature valley or generic brand ranch dressing mix/powder

Instructions:

1) Place chicken in the bottom of the slowcooker. Cover with the (strained) black beans, undrained corn, undrained rotel tomatoes, and packet of dressing mix. Add spices and stir well to combine everything, leaving chicken at the bottom.

2) Place the block of cream cheese on top of that. You can break it up in chunks if you like or just leave as-is, it'll get mixed up anyway.

3) Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Halfway through, stir the cream cheese into the mixture and move the chicken around a bit so it's all covered.

4) At this point the chicken will be very tender, and easily shredded. You can do this in the slow-cooker itself or pull each breast out whole and let people do it themselves. Serve over rice, barley, pasta, or just on it's own.

Tactical furry.