Can you inject Brine solution into a deep fried turkey?

For all your pre- and post-PAW food and beverage recipes. Just because it keeps you alive doesn't mean it shouldn't be tasty.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

lailr
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 dyas later, I am Legend, Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)

Can you inject Brine solution into a deep fried turkey?

Post by lailr » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:21 pm

Going to try to brine a Turkey this year. Got a good recipe. Can you inject the brine solution before frying without blowing yourself up?

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Re: Can you inject Brine solution into a deep fried turkey?

Post by Halfapint » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:49 pm

lailr wrote:Going to try to brine a Turkey this year. Got a good recipe. Can you inject the brine solution before frying without blowing yourself up?
You can brine it of course, but I wouldn't inject the solution into the turkey. Its generally superficial and when it get hot will probably case a boil off and make it pop. So I would brine it, pat dry then deep fry.

I've never deep fried an entire turkey but I have brined them before cutting and deep frying portions and they are more moist going in, that does cause a lot of extra oil splashes.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

lailr
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 dyas later, I am Legend, Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)

Post by lailr » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:41 am

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking. I'll Brine, dry well, and fry. Thanks

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:00 pm

lailr wrote:Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking. I'll Brine, dry well, and fry. Thanks
Just remember internet rules apply, pics or it didn't happen!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

gundogs

Post by gundogs » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:20 am

AFAIK store bought turkeys are already injected and I've never had a problem in the deep-fryer

lailr

Post by lailr » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:29 am

Pics over Thanksgiving!

Return to “Eats and Drinks”