It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:20 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Just scanning through Yahoo! News today I found this article.. It's about time

http://news.yahoo.com/seriously-government-warns-citizens-zombie-apocalypse-urge-better-230018621.html

Quote:
The theory: If you're prepared for a zombie attack, the same preparations will help during a hurricane, pandemic, earthquake or terrorist attack.

Another link at the end of that article points to a blog at the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention.

http://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmatters/2011/05/preparedness-101-zombie-apocalypse/

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:27 am 

Quote:
The theory: If you're prepared for a zombie attack, the same preparations will help during a hurricane, pandemic, earthquake or terrorist attack.

Yup, that's always the way I've seen it as well. Hope I don't get lynched on this site for saying this, but I don't actually expect a zombie apocalypse to happen. I do however expect any and all kinds of emergencies. From natural disasters to civil turmoil, zombie preps cover it all.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:56 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Neddog wrote:
Quote:

Yup, that's always the way I've seen it as well. Hope I don't get lynched on this site for saying this, but I don't actually expect a zombie apocalypse to happen. I do however expect any and all kinds of emergencies. From natural disasters to civil turmoil, zombie preps cover it all.

Trust me man, none of us actually believe in zombies :lol: well, might be a few folks on here that do, but they are the exception not the rule.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:26 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Funny, I saw this story as well. On the one hand, you can kind of say that the gov't is ripping ZS idea(and if they aren't actually knowingly doing that, the similarities are uncanny). I don't know if thats a bad thing, if it gets people to prepare, then it's helping ZS fulfill its intended purpose. At the same time, if someone wants to criticize a ZS member for being a "zombie nut" or whatever in a social or (hopefully not) legal situation, you can always counter that the Federal Government is using Zed as promo tool for preparedness too.

"To you it's JP8. To me it's a hallucinogen."-PV2 Winston Smith, Tikrit, Iraq 2003

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:34 pm 

http://www.examiner.com/article/dhs-war ... apocalypse This one mentions ZS by name

Benjamin Franklin "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:05 am 

since this is a zombie site...............this thread came back from the dead
original blog post has moved to CDC http://www.cdc.gov/phpr/zombies.htm

but...........(FWIW) I saw this today:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-18/government-actually-has-zombie-apocalypse-plan-and-its-just-been-declassified

Last edited by aikorob on Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:24 am 

Sckitzo wrote:
Neddog wrote:
Quote:

Trust me man, none of us actually believe in zombies :lol: well, might be a few folks on here that do, but they are the exception not the rule.

hahahaha Zombies aren't real. Never going to happen. Space Pirates on the other hand.