ZSC001 (St. Louis) on REI event calendar

We'll be keeping a log of ZS sighting in news and media. If you spot an article about us somewhere post it in here.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

ZSC001 (St. Louis) on REI event calendar

Post by kyle » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:17 am

The St. Louis ZS chapter is hosting a bug out bag demo at REI:

http://www.rei.com/event/31780/session/39678

Disaster Prepardness 101 with the Zombie Squad!
Description: Zombie Squad is a community service and disaster preparedness organization that uses the metaphor of a "Zombie Apocalypse" for any natural or man-made disaster (hurricane, terrorism, earthquake, etc.). The basic concept behind Zombie Squad is that zombies are a useful metaphor for a worst-case scenario: if someone is prepared to survive the complete breakdown of society due to an uprising of the living dead, then he or she will be prepared for almost any real-world disaster or emergency conceivable. A bug-out bag is a portable kit that contains the items one would require to survive for the first couple days when evacuating from a disaster. The primary purpose of a bug-out bag is to allow one to evacuate quickly if a disaster should strike. Our friends from Zombie Squad will show you how to create a bug-out bag so you are prepared for any event life may throw at you.
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

Gorgerdyer

Re: ZSC001 (St. Louis) on REI event calendar

Post by Gorgerdyer » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:34 pm

I was just UncleSams today to pick up several Wise food buckets.they had a great selection of all prepping supplies.Wise food is good for up to 25 yrs.look it up,good stuff.Uncle SAMs has pick up the pace since the last time I was there.

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:21 am

Gorgerdyer wrote:I was just UncleSams today to pick up several Wise food buckets.they had a great selection of all prepping supplies.Wise food is good for up to 25 yrs.look it up,good stuff.Uncle SAMs has pick up the pace since the last time I was there.
Please check your private messages.
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:22 am

I never thought of doing this. I might have to contact my "people" at REI.
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

Return to “ZS in the Media”