DHS uses ZS prepping theory

We'll be keeping a log of ZS sighting in news and media. If you spot an article about us somewhere post it in here.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Dr_Zed
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

DHS uses ZS prepping theory

Post by Dr_Zed » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:20 pm

Just scanning through Yahoo! News today I found this article.. It's about time

http://news.yahoo.com/seriously-governm ... 18621.html
The theory: If you're prepared for a zombie attack, the same preparations will help during a hurricane, pandemic, earthquake or terrorist attack.
Another link at the end of that article points to a blog at the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention.

http://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmatter ... pocalypse/

Neddog
Favorite Zombie Movies: High School of the Dead
Juan de los Muertos
Land of the Dead
Zombieland

Re: DHS uses ZS prepping theory

Post by Neddog » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:27 am

The theory: If you're prepared for a zombie attack, the same preparations will help during a hurricane, pandemic, earthquake or terrorist attack.
Yup, that's always the way I've seen it as well. Hope I don't get lynched on this site for saying this, but I don't actually expect a zombie apocalypse to happen. I do however expect any and all kinds of emergencies. From natural disasters to civil turmoil, zombie preps cover it all.
Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
cyclopsphoto.ca

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)

Post by Sckitzo » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:56 am

Neddog wrote:
Yup, that's always the way I've seen it as well. Hope I don't get lynched on this site for saying this, but I don't actually expect a zombie apocalypse to happen. I do however expect any and all kinds of emergencies. From natural disasters to civil turmoil, zombie preps cover it all.
Trust me man, none of us actually believe in zombies :lol: well, might be a few folks on here that do, but they are the exception not the rule.

Winston Smith
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Winston Smith » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:26 pm

Funny, I saw this story as well. On the one hand, you can kind of say that the gov't is ripping ZS idea(and if they aren't actually knowingly doing that, the similarities are uncanny). I don't know if thats a bad thing, if it gets people to prepare, then it's helping ZS fulfill its intended purpose. At the same time, if someone wants to criticize a ZS member for being a "zombie nut" or whatever in a social or (hopefully not) legal situation, you can always counter that the Federal Government is using Zed as promo tool for preparedness too.
*BloodbathPB prior to 4JUN2012*

"To you it's JP8. To me it's a hallucinogen."-PV2 Winston Smith, Tikrit, Iraq 2003

theclockwork

Post by theclockwork » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:34 pm

http://www.examiner.com/article/dhs-war ... apocalypse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; This one mentions ZS by name
Zoë: Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?
Book: Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Benjamin Franklin "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

aikorob

Post by aikorob » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:05 am

since this is a zombie site...............this thread came back from the dead
original blog post has moved to CDC http://www.cdc.gov/phpr/zombies.htm

but...........(FWIW) I saw this today:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-1 ... classified
Last edited by aikorob on Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:24 am

Sckitzo wrote:
Neddog wrote:
Trust me man, none of us actually believe in zombies :lol: well, might be a few folks on here that do, but they are the exception not the rule.
hahahaha Zombies aren't real. Never going to happen. Space Pirates on the other hand.
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

Return to “ZS in the Media”