"Survivalists" To Be Featured on CNN's Anderson Cooper

We'll be keeping a log of ZS sighting in news and media. If you spot an article about us somewhere post it in here.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004)

"Survivalists" To Be Featured on CNN's Anderson Cooper

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:38 am

Just heard a blurb on CNN that Anderson Cooper would be doing a show today about "survivalists and those preparing for the Apocalypse" Don't know if it is an armed nutjob angle, a doomsday prepper angle or something else. However, I doubt it will make the preparedness movement look good.

Don't know if they bothered to contact ZS.

I'll leave it to the moderators to decide where this thread should be woven in.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

Bahamut
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Resident Evil series

Re: "Survivalists" To Be Featured on CNN's Anderson Cooper

Post by Bahamut » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:36 pm

Well, hopefully they will spin a positive image for once.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Beware the roving zombie honeybadgers mercenary gangs that have an affinity for switchblades!

Valpo Hawkeye

Post by Valpo Hawkeye » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:22 pm

I like Anderson Cooper, I feel he's generally a pretty good journalist. However, I would guess this piece he's doing will make preppers look like paranoid whack jobs. They're probably playing an angle on the Alabama school bus kidnapper guy. :-/

GentryMillMan

Post by GentryMillMan » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:24 pm

Preppers on a news program? Probably no chance of being portrayed in a good light..
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts.. . for support rather than illumination." - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)
"The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck

Evan the Diplomat

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:59 pm

Current blurb on CNN says "Anderson Cooper goes to the heart of gun country to find out who really needs an AR-15"

I won't to get into the politics, but I would like to watch it to see if they make make being prepared = to armed bunker nuts.

GentryMillMan

Post by GentryMillMan » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:15 pm

Evan the Diplomat wrote: but I would like to watch it to see if they make make being prepared = to armed bunker nuts.
The sad reality is that armed bunker nuts = ratings vs calm rational prepared person = changing channels..
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts.. . for support rather than illumination." - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)
"The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck

Sins

Post by Sins » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:33 pm

I expect that if they don't live in underground missle silos with tin foil hats, they will be baited with questions that make it seem as if they do.

What time does it come on anyway?

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:37 pm

Cooper has had a family group of survivalists (the dirtbike family from Doomsday Preppers) on his show before. I watched it and they presented preparation in a very ZS-like light. "Yes, we prepare for doomsday, mostly as a hobby, because it helps us prepare for fires, job loss, natural disaster, etc." Anderson Cooper then related some of the items he Carries Every Day because of lessons he learned as a reporter, such as always having a utility knife, a flashlight, some basic First Aid supplies, a snack or two incase your ride out is late, and some extra water, all jsut for reporting on things like the power outages in NYC after Sandy.

AC does a good job of trying to be as objective as possible. If he's looking at AR-15s, I have a feeling he'll be looking at them not just as M4/M16 clones, but also as modern defensive carbines and sporting/hunting arms, the grandchildren of your grandad's M1897 or 1903.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Evan the Diplomat

Re:

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:45 pm

Sins wrote:I expect that if they don't live in underground missle silos with tin foil hats, they will be baited with questions that make it seem as if they do.

What time does it come on anyway?
8PM and 10PM Eastern Standard Time

Return to “ZS in the Media”