New Source for Shooting Gear (New Product Update 09/14)

Place for you to sell or trade your stuff with other ZS members. Please read the sticky about selling stuff before you post. Note that only paid members may post in Bartertown.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Cymro
Location: Fayetteville Refugee currently bunkered in Wilmington, NC, USA

New Source for Shooting Gear (New Product Update 09/14)

Post by Cymro » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:18 am

Hello all!

I'm proud to announce the launch of a new company, making semi-custom and custom shooting gear here in the USA with American labor and materials:

http://www.gunsaddles.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm currently serving as the Director of Sales and Marketing (yikes!). Please take a glance at our website, and be sure to check back frequently as our product list is growing daily.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me directly via PM.

Cheers,

Michael
Last edited by Cymro on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Young men, beware of murder. It may lead to theft and, from there, to telling lies."
Alphonse Allais

Standing invite to all ZSers: If you're ever down Carolina way, the first round's on me.

Cymro

Re: New Source for Shooting Gear (New Product Update 08/26)

Post by Cymro » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:36 am

Our R&D geniuses continue to expand our product line. Allow me to present the SharpShooter Saddle:

http://www.gunsaddles.com/Sharpshooter-Saddle_p_17.html#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Our Sharpshooter Saddle provides an easily adjustable precision shooting support for hunters and marksmen. Visit our website for more details and specs.

As always, our products are hand-made in the USA with American labor and materials.
"Young men, beware of murder. It may lead to theft and, from there, to telling lies."
Alphonse Allais

Standing invite to all ZSers: If you're ever down Carolina way, the first round's on me.

Politenessman

Re: New Source for Shooting Gear (New Product Update 08/26)

Post by Politenessman » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:32 am

Thought I'd post a couple of pics of the saddles:
This is the sharpshooter saddle with its attached bean bag.
This is the plain saddle:
We start with a blank saddle:
And then we add to it based on what you need:
This is a right handed rifle saddle.
Shotgun:
and MOLLE panels
And this one is the saddle purpose built for the Kel-tec Sub2000
British by birth, American by choice.
Bespoke shooting accessories Retro Tactical - Get Yours here!

Cymro

Re: New Source for Shooting Gear (Update 09/02)

Post by Cymro » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:41 am

Check out our new web store blog (http://blog.gunsaddles.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), where we will be posting about our products, future developments, new ideas, and showcasing some of our products. We're rolling out new designs all the time, so stay tuned.
Alphonse Allais

liberty45

Post by liberty45 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:46 am

Very nice website. I like it a lot. Never used OpenCART but will definitely try that for building a few new customers ecommerce websites.

Keep up the good work! I will definitely buy the rifle saddle upon receiving my modified sniper rifle back from the gun smith.

Cymro

Post by Cymro » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:58 am

Thanks for your kind words and support! We appreciate your business.

Remember, if there's something in particular you need we also do custom work. Get in touch through the site and we'll see what we can do for you.
Alphonse Allais

Cymro

Post by Cymro » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:32 am

We’re proud to announce a new addition to our product line. Our dual IWB magazine pouch is suitable for both competition and everyday carry, combining secure magazine retention with concealable and comfort. Made from 1000D Cordura and high quality elastic webbing, this pouch is lightweight yet extremely durable. Our standard pouch can accommodate two double-stack magazines up to Glock 17 size, and larger sizes can be provided on request.

As always, Gunsaddles.com products are made in the USA with American labor and materials. Check out our website for more information.

http://www.gunsaddles.com/index.php?rou ... duct_id=52" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alphonse Allais

Politenessman

Re: New Source for Shooting Gear (New Product Update 09/30)

Post by Politenessman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:09 am

Ladies, gentlemen, boys, girls - may I present to you the MOLLE compatible, dual mag pouch for the 10 round Ruger 10/22 mags.
Front View:
The view from the rear:
Under the hood:
Detail inside:
*Does not come with the mags shown.
Can be found our little Shoppe here
A number of colors are available as standard, and of course, we are happy to entertain custom builds if you want a non standard color, and feel free to email or PM us, about this or any of our products, and if there is a one off special you would like to have built, talk to us.

ultra magnus

Re: New Source for Shooting Gear (New Product Update 09/14)

Post by ultra magnus » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:00 pm

Any chance of more options for the saddle? I would love to have one for my .22 that just has a little pouch to dump .22 rounds in. Or another option I would love that I don't think I've seen done is .22 shell holders. I would love one for my .22 mag. You could even just do a .22 shell holder Molle panel. I think you guys would be the only ones making them.

Politenessman

Post by Politenessman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:46 pm

ultra magnus wrote:Any chance of more options for the saddle? I would love to have one for my .22 that just has a little pouch to dump .22 rounds in. Or another option I would love that I don't think I've seen done is .22 shell holders. I would love one for my .22 mag. You could even just do a .22 shell holder Molle panel. I think you guys would be the only ones making them.
Funny you should ask - we have a laundry list of options for the saddles - we just haven't got around to putting them together and photographing them for the web store. I have a .22 pouch design currently on my desk for a chap from another forum. It holds ~ 50 rounds, although I'm working on making it a little larger. It will come in two versions - the first as an option permanently attached to a saddle, the second will be a stand alone MOLLE version.
In addition, we have a pouch that holds a can of skoal - or small tin of pellets for an air rifle, :)
This also comes in a MOLLE version too.
I can put together any kind of shell carrier - 22 mag would be no problem.

So drop me a line at sales@gunsaddles.com, or politenessman@politenessman.net or a PM - there's a bunch of ways to get hold of me (or Cymro for that matter) and I'll be happy to quote you some options.

Politenessman

Post by Politenessman » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:52 am

I was recently asked to build a custom saddle for a Ruger 10/22. The purpose of the saddle was a bug out survival application requiring the carriage of:

* 2 Spare 10 round Ruger magazines
* 50-100 rounds of loose .22LR ammunition
* A small survival kit

The rifle in question used a Choate folding stock, so a standard saddle could not be used. The gentleman concerned was good enough to ship the stock to me, and upon inspection, I was stuck by how close it was in design to the stock of my Kel-tec Sub2000. That being the case, I figured a KTS2K saddle would fit the stock and I was right, it did indeed.

Here is the stock with a KTS2K saddle in Khaki. The PALs webbing would allow me to attach a 10/22 magazine pouch with MALICE clips. This is a great solution allowing me to add the magazine pouch and a pouch for loose ammunition, but there is no place for the survival pouch.

So as I couldn't use the standard saddle designs I had to put together a custom design and this is what I came up with:
First I designed a larger saddle, based on the KTS2K design, but with a larger MOLLE panel and double sided.

In order to fix the saddle to the stock, the inside surface of the saddle was covered in 4″ hook and loop tape, with a strap across the back of the stock to prevent forward and backward motion of the saddle. The Velcro tape gives a good tight fit, and provides a stable platform for the pouches to be attached to.

The color choice for this rig was black, so black 1000D Cordura was used, however, to keep the weight and bulk down, the pouches were lined with rip-stop nylon. Early on, I had determined that dark stuff in a black pouch in low light conditions made things hard to see, so I used red rip-stop – I thought that might also look good with the black.

I was right too – here are a couple of pics of the MOLLE ammo pouch:
magazine pouch:
and survival pouch:

The ammo pouch has a flap that is there to prevent loose rounds from falling out when the pouch is opened. The survival pouch has a couple of elastic loops inside for organisation and rather than using a tab to open the pouch, I’ve put a finger tunnel in there (the two pieces of loop tape form the tunnel).

Assemble with MALICE clips (I am a huge fan of these things) and you have the complete unit as follows:
Here you can see the ammo pouch and magazine pouch fixed to the saddle with the stock folded. Both pouches just clear the stock, and leave plenty of space around the trigger area, such that the rifle can be fired even with the stock in the folded position. The only thing you can’t do with the stock in this position is drop the magazine out, but as this is not a fighting rig, that factor is a minor issue and not major one.
And here is the survival pouch attached to the stock in the folded position.
I’m very happy with the end result. The survival pouch was going to be 3×5x1 and ended up at 4×5x1 giving the customer a little more space for those essentials and must haves. I also really like the red, which looks even better in real life than it does in the pictures. With the MALICE clips holding the rig together, it feels very sturdy and I feel confident that this will fill the role the customer has in mind for it.

Politenessman

Re: New Source for Shooting Gear (New Product Update 11/04)

Post by Politenessman » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:52 pm

New product announcement!

This is something I have been working on for a while based on a request from a customer!
I now have a MOLLE compatible, dual clip pouch for the M1 Garand:
This is similar to the 10/22 pouch but of course much larger to accommodate two enbloc clips. Available in all the usual colors; black, OD, Tan, Brown, other colors on request, from the web store.

Politenessman

Post by Politenessman » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:04 am

Here at GunSaddles.com, we have been busy developing new ideas and working with customers on new products. We are proud to announce the following new products for the M1 Garand:

Sharpshooter saddle, Garand Variant
Based off the sharpshooter saddle design, this incorporates a single enbloc clip pouch. As with the Sharpshooter saddle, three sizes of bean bag are available to allow for different heights of bipod (if shooting from a bipod). The saddle can be configured for left hand or right hand shooters, and is available in a number of different colors from the web store, and of course, custom colors are always available on request.

We are also offering the Dual Garand Clip Pouch, either as a stand alone MOLLE compatible, dual clip pouch for the M1 Garand, or fixed to our universal saddle, allowing two clips to be carried on the rifle.
This is similar to the 10/22 pouch but of course much larger to accommodate two enbloc clips. Available in all the usual colors; black, OD, Tan, Brown, other colors on request, just drop me a line at sales@gunsaddles,com

Last but by no means least is the Single Clip Pouch. This is the same pouch that is fixed to the Sharpshooter saddle, Garand variant, but with the addition of PALs webbing on the rear of the pouch making it MOLLE compatible.

We welcome custom inquiries and as always we can be found in the following places:
GunSaddles web store,
Facebook Page
twitter
The Gunsaddles.com Blog

nimdabew
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD
I am ledgend

Post by nimdabew » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:51 pm

Cymro wrote:Image

We’re proud to announce a new addition to our product line. Our dual IWB magazine pouch is suitable for both competition and everyday carry, combining secure magazine retention with concealable and comfort. Made from 1000D Cordura and high quality elastic webbing, this pouch is lightweight yet extremely durable. Our standard pouch can accommodate two double-stack magazines up to Glock 17 size, and larger sizes can be provided on request.

As always, Gunsaddles.com products are made in the USA with American labor and materials. Check out our website for more information.

http://www.gunsaddles.com/index.php?rou ... duct_id=52" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I really like this but am worried taht it would be uncomfortable after a while. They are cheap enough to warrant a try though so I might pick one of these up.
Thanks Anianna!
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I say when Wee Drop visits the US, we make her ride a goat. You know, like those little monkey cowboys they have at some rodeos. :lol:

ultra magnus

Post by ultra magnus » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:59 pm

I'm really digging your gear. Once I get some cash free I'd love to make some buys. I hope you guys are doing well with this, cause you really seem to be putting out some great stuff.

Politenessman

Post by Politenessman » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:09 am

I really like this but am worried taht it would be uncomfortable after a while. They are cheap enough to warrant a try though so I might pick one of these up.
I wear one quite often and so far, no issues with comfort, in fact most of the time I don't notice it. I suspect with larger magazines, comfort might be an issue - mine is sized for Glock19 mags. Single stack mags actually 'feel' better as they aren't so bulky so if you carry something like a Ruger or Kel-tec 380 or similar, you'll hardly notice the pouch at all.

ultra magnus wrote:I'm really digging your gear. Once I get some cash free I'd love to make some buys. I hope you guys are doing well with this, cause you really seem to be putting out some great stuff.
Its early days for us so far - we've been running for about three months now and we are still here!
We have a lot in the pipe that will be released over the next few months, some items are totally unique, but there only one R&D gnome, so he's pretty well tied up and doesn't see the light of day that often.

Politenessman

Re: New Source for Shooting Gear (New Product Update 11/12)

Post by Politenessman » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:24 am

One of the things we get requests for on a regular basis are magazine pouches for pistol magazines - usually for concealed carry of one or two extra magazines. We recently announced our Inside the waist band dual magazine pouch (IWB), which is an open top design that can be sized for magazines as small as .32 or .380 single stacks all the way up to the largest I have been asked to build, which was a dual FN5-7 pouch.

Recently I was asked for a belt mounted horizontal pouch to hold a single Glock 17 or 19 magazine.
This is a tricky design; vertical pouches use gravity to help hold the magazine in the pouch, but a horizontal magazine has gravity trying to pull the magazine out. My design works in both horizontal and vertical positions, has an integral retention system to grip the magazine and an adjustable closure to allow a tight fit to a variety of magazines. To the casual glance, the pouch appears to be a multi-tool pouch or similar, and in the right color, will blend in, in any corporate environment, on the street or in the home.

The IWB pouches are available here and the horizontal magazine pouch is available here.

As always we can be found in the following places:
GunSaddles web store,
Facebook Page
twitter
The Gunsaddles.com Blog

Politenessman

Re: New Source for Shooting Gear (New Product Update 11/14)

Post by Politenessman » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:55 pm

We have now added the option of paying by check or money order to the web store.

GunSaddles web store,
Facebook Page
twitter
The GunSaddles.com Blog

Politenessman

Post by Politenessman » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:33 pm

We are clearing out the workshop, and have posted some old stock and seconds on ebay, at a considerable discount to get them out of the door.
http://myworld.ebay.com/gunsaddles

Tetra Grammaton Cleric
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Tetra Grammaton Cleric » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:48 pm

Nice gear fellas! I really like some of those designs.

-
"I shoot the dead." - Harlen Maguire, The Road to Perdition.

FAK SURVIVOR GARDEN
Hk33k - in memorium.
-

Politenessman

Re: New Source for Shooting Gear (New Product Update 09/16)

Post by Politenessman » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:10 am

New Product added to the web store.
The loose ammo pouch is now up on the web store, here.
This pouch is based on the same design as the Dual magazine pouch for the Ruger 10/22, but without the internal webbing and with an added elasticated top to prevent spillage.

The pouch is 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 1 inches, designed to take carry 100 rounds of loose .22LR ammunition, but of course, it will take almost any loose ammunition, as long as the cartridge length is less than 3" - so 308/303 etc will fit in there. On the other hand it could also be used for holding other small loose items that you really need in a pouch and really don't want to loose while you are on the move.

Construction is 1000D cordura, with a Rip-Stop nylon lining, and hook and loop closure.
The pouch is MOLLE compatible, allowing attachment to a vest, or pack.
Currently available in our standard colors - Black, OD, Coyote Tan and Coyote Brown.
We are happy to customize any of our pouches, as seen here - the same pouch with a snazzy red lining!

GunSaddles web store,
Facebook Page
twitter
The GunSaddles.com Blog

Politenessman

Re: New Source for Shooting Gear (New Product Update 09/18)

Post by Politenessman » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:51 am

Since the invention of the gun, people have been customizing them to make them as individual as their owners. In the past this was done with engraving and wood carving. With many of todays modern weapons this is now no longer an option, however, at GunSaddles.com we think this is a shame and something should be done about it. We pride ourselves on innovation and new ideas, and for the past few months we have been working with a local supplier to bring you embroidery! Yes, you read that right. Its been common for years, for people to have custom embroidered hats, shirts and other fabric items, well now you can have a custom embroidered saddle for your rifle, carbine or shotgun.

Do you have a logo you wish to have on your saddle, or a symbol, team or unit badge, religious icon, or just decoration?
Over the coming weeks we will be showcasing some one off embroidered saddles to give you an idea of what is possible. Just to whet the appetite, here are a couple of test pieces we put together yesterday. Shown here is a sharpshooter saddle with an image (The GunSaddles.com logo) and some text. In this case, this is a functional saddle with decoration, however you can order a plain saddle with custom embroidery just for the purposes of decoration.
We can also offer small batch runs for clubs and organizations.

Because this is a custom process, we ask that text and images be submitted via email and someone from GunSaddles.com will confirm your requirements before we go ahead with the process. Please email all submissions to sales@gunsaddles.com, before ordering the saddle. We are still figuring out how to handle this with the web store so please bear with us, at this time all embroidery orders will be handled manually.

Images need to be in JPEG format, and must go through a process called digitizing. Digitizing processes the image so that it is understood by the embroidery machine. This is handled by a third party and there is a one time fee for this that we pass on. Some images have already been digitized and are available for free and we are happy to use these too. Please email us at sales@gunsaddles.com with your embroidery requirements and we will be happy to help you with images and text or combinations of both.
Please note; we take copyrights seriously, so we won't embroider anything that is copyrighted without the copyright owners permission.

GunSaddles.com web store,
Facebook Page
twitter
The GunSaddles.com Blog

Politenessman

Post by Politenessman » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:25 am

Not a new product, but a little something I put together for a friend
.... because bacon is meat candy

Politenessman

Re: New Source for Shooting Gear (New Product Update 11/24)

Post by Politenessman » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:10 pm

Another new product is ready! This is a magazine carrier for the GSG-5. It carries 8 mags in a two deep, four wide, open top configuration.

The carrier can be carried like a bag or like a chest rig. Using the D rings as attachment points, the straps can be moved around to change configuration. The front of the carrier has PALs webbing allowing the attachment of more magazine pouches or other pouches and accessories.
Available in the web store later this afternoon.

GunSaddles.com web store,
Facebook Page
twitter
The GunSaddles.com Blog

Return to “Bartertown”