THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO DONATED AND MADE THIS DRIVE A SMASHING SUCCESS!!
Use this link and spread the word: http://zombiehunters.org/japan/
This fund raising drive will run from 15-March-2011 to 15-April-2011 or until we reach $10,000.00 - whichever comes first. Help us end this drive ahead of schedule!
Update: As of 10:30 CDT on 20-March-2011 we have raised a total of $13,046.20 thanks to 254 donors!
On March 11, 2011, an estimated 9.0 magnitude earthquake hit Japan. The earthquake not only caused devastation in its own right, but it produced a tsunami along Japan's northeastern coast, wiping entire towns from the map and crippling major cities. Currently, there are 10 thousand people thought dead and many thousands more unaccounted for.
- Google has a lot of great info available here
- Images, stories and links to news articles about the devastation can be found in this ZS forum discussion here.
Zombie Squad's mission is to educate our communities about the importance of disaster preparedness and, whenever possible, assist those communities when disaster strikes.
In years past, the members of ZS have answered the call for help with incredible results, raising $2686 for the victims of Hurricane Katrina in 2005, $2701 for Greensburg, Kansas in 2007, and $5800 for the people of Myanmar and China in 2008. Today with our expanded membership base and worldwide chapters behind us, we feel certain we can top these efforts and really make a difference for those suffering from this latest catastrophe.
This fund raiser will follow the same design as our previous campaigns.
Zombie Squad is collecting funds for Direct Relief International, an organization working hard to support relief efforts in Japan and other parts of the world who were affected by this historic earthquake and tsunami. The funds for this drive will be donated to Direct Relief International via check at the completion of this campaign, which will last 30 days or until we hit $10,000.00.
Please keep in mind that 100% of your donation will go to Direct Relief International. Any and all fees associated with your donation (paypal fees, dog tags, postage, administration costs, etc.) will be paid for by Zombie Squad, its supporting members, and the awesome people who buy our stuff. EVERY CENT of your donation will go to the charity supported in this drive.
Why not just donate money directly? There's nothing wrong with that. If you don't feel comfortable donating to the ZS fund, please don't let that stop you from donating on your own. However, You get cool stuff if you donate with us:
1) If you're a member of our discussion forum, you'll get a cool banner under your name until the end of the year.
2) The first 250 to donate $25 or more to the ZS collection will receive a special edition ZS dog tag, similar to the previous relief effort tags.
3) If you donate $25 or more you will be placed in a raffle for some stuff from ZS and other charitable donors (scroll down to "DONATED ITEMS" at the bottom of this post).
4) If you donate $50 or more we will also throw in a year ZS membership.
If you donate, you'll get the corresponding banner:
for donations of $1 - $25.00
for donations of $25.01 - $49.99
for donations of $50 - 99.99
for donations $100+
How can you pass that up? We hope this will encourage those to give who might not normally donate otherwise.
You can donate by clicking the button below:
THE DRIVE IS CLOSED as of 20-MARCH-2011 @ 10:30 CDT!!
Be sure to specify your forum name if you want a banner applied to it. You can do that by simply clicking the circled link:
Or you can send us a check or money order payable to Zombie Squad (no cash). However, be sure to e-mail us at email@example.com so we know to expect it.
Attn: Relief for Japan Tsunami
P.O. BOX 63124
ST. LOUIS, MO. 63163
Make sure to note on the check that the money is for this charity drive.
We feel it is important to come together and help out those whose lives have been affected by this tragedy. This is our opportunity to show what we as a group can do to make our world a better place.
If you are not comfortable donating to ZS, please do not let that stop you from helping out. However, be sure to investigate before you give.
If you donate $50.00 or more and want to claim your complimentary ZS membership, drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what ZS Membership to credit. If this is for new ZS Membership, go ahead and fill out the application first, then email us so there is a membership in our records to apply the credit. Be sure to reference the membership account name, as well as the email address where the donation came from in your email.
Thank you for your help. If you have any questions at all regarding this relief fund raiser, please don't hesitate to email us at email@example.com
-------------- DONATED ITEMS --------------
- Donated by military sci-fi author Michael Z. Williamson (aka mzmadmike)
If we have a tie between multiple donors for the "most donated" we will pick randomly between them. Thanks mzmadmike! This is a pretty awesome give away.Michael Z. Williamson wrote:The winner of this auction (or biggest donor) will get to be a character in Michael Z. Williamson's third Ripple Creek Security novel, "When Diplomacy Fails..." due to be released in 2012. They get to name the character after themselves or a pseudonym, and die an heroic death in literary fashion.
- - Emergency ration packs donated from http://bestglide.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- A whole bunch of Shirts, Hats & Books donated from http://www.thinkgeek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- "In Case of Zombies Break Glass" display cases donated from http://www.incaseofzombies.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- A ton of Targets & stickers donated from http://zombietargets.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Some Zombie collectible toys donated from http://sideshowcollectibles.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- A bunch of plastic zombies from http://octobertoys.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- 2 military IFAKs donated by Shadow13.
- 2 LA Police gear soft pistol cases - one Black, one OD green donated by Vanniek71.
If you would like to contribute something, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.
UPDATE! Check mailed on March 22nd:
We asked Direct Relief if they could email us a copy of the letter so we could pass it on to paypal, in hopes of talking them into waiving the fees. And, also sharing it so you guys know we didn't run off to Mexico with you money.