It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:31 pm 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

THE DRIVE IS CLOSED as of 20-MARCH-2011 @ 10:30 CDT!!

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO DONATED AND MADE THIS DRIVE A SMASHING SUCCESS!!

Use this link and spread the word: http://zombiehunters.org/japan/

This fund raising drive will run from 15-March-2011 to 15-April-2011 or until we reach $10,000.00 - whichever comes first. Help us end this drive ahead of schedule!

Update: As of 10:30 CDT on 20-March-2011 we have raised a total of $13,046.20 thanks to 254 donors!

On March 11, 2011, an estimated 9.0 magnitude earthquake hit Japan. The earthquake not only caused devastation in its own right, but it produced a tsunami along Japan's northeastern coast, wiping entire towns from the map and crippling major cities. Currently, there are 10 thousand people thought dead and many thousands more unaccounted for.

- Google has a lot of great info available here

- Images, stories and links to news articles about the devastation can be found in this ZS forum discussion here.

Zombie Squad's mission is to educate our communities about the importance of disaster preparedness and, whenever possible, assist those communities when disaster strikes.

In years past, the members of ZS have answered the call for help with incredible results, raising $2686 for the victims of Hurricane Katrina in 2005, $2701 for Greensburg, Kansas in 2007, and $5800 for the people of Myanmar and China in 2008. Today with our expanded membership base and worldwide chapters behind us, we feel certain we can top these efforts and really make a difference for those suffering from this latest catastrophe.

This fund raiser will follow the same design as our previous campaigns.

Zombie Squad is collecting funds for Direct Relief International, an organization working hard to support relief efforts in Japan and other parts of the world who were affected by this historic earthquake and tsunami. The funds for this drive will be donated to Direct Relief International via check at the completion of this campaign, which will last 30 days or until we hit $10,000.00.

Please keep in mind that 100% of your donation will go to Direct Relief International. Any and all fees associated with your donation (paypal fees, dog tags, postage, administration costs, etc.) will be paid for by Zombie Squad, its supporting members, and the awesome people who buy our stuff. EVERY CENT of your donation will go to the charity supported in this drive.

Why not just donate money directly? There's nothing wrong with that. If you don't feel comfortable donating to the ZS fund, please don't let that stop you from donating on your own. However, You get cool stuff if you donate with us:

1) If you're a member of our discussion forum, you'll get a cool banner under your name until the end of the year.
2) The first 250 to donate $25 or more to the ZS collection will receive a special edition ZS dog tag, similar to the previous relief effort tags.
3) If you donate $25 or more you will be placed in a raffle for some stuff from ZS and other charitable donors (scroll down to "DONATED ITEMS" at the bottom of this post).
4) If you donate $50 or more we will also throw in a year ZS membership.

If you donate, you'll get the corresponding banner:
Image for donations of $1 - $25.00
Image for donations of $25.01 - $49.99
Image for donations of $50 - 99.99
Image for donations $100+

How can you pass that up? We hope this will encourage those to give who might not normally donate otherwise.

You can donate by clicking the button below:
THE DRIVE IS CLOSED as of 20-MARCH-2011 @ 10:30 CDT!!

Be sure to specify your forum name if you want a banner applied to it. You can do that by simply clicking the circled link:

Or you can send us a check or money order payable to Zombie Squad (no cash). However, be sure to e-mail us at charity@zombiehunters.org so we know to expect it.

ZOMBIE SQUAD
Attn: Relief for Japan Tsunami
P.O. BOX 63124
ST. LOUIS, MO. 63163

Make sure to note on the check that the money is for this charity drive.

We feel it is important to come together and help out those whose lives have been affected by this tragedy. This is our opportunity to show what we as a group can do to make our world a better place.

If you are not comfortable donating to ZS, please do not let that stop you from helping out. However, be sure to investigate before you give.

If you donate $50.00 or more and want to claim your complimentary ZS membership, drop an email to membership@zombiehunters.org and let us know what ZS Membership to credit. If this is for new ZS Membership, go ahead and fill out the application first, then email us so there is a membership in our records to apply the credit. Be sure to reference the membership account name, as well as the email address where the donation came from in your email.

Thank you for your help. If you have any questions at all regarding this relief fund raiser, please don't hesitate to email us at charity@zombiehunters.org

-------------- DONATED ITEMS --------------

- Donated by military sci-fi author Michael Z. Williamson (aka mzmadmike)
    Michael Z. Williamson wrote:
    The winner of this auction (or biggest donor) will get to be a character in Michael Z. Williamson's third Ripple Creek Security novel, "When Diplomacy Fails..." due to be released in 2012. They get to name the character after themselves or a pseudonym, and die an heroic death in literary fashion.
    If we have a tie between multiple donors for the "most donated" we will pick randomly between them. Thanks mzmadmike! This is a pretty awesome give away. :)

These are some of the items that will be raffled off to donors who contributed $25 or more:

More items to be added soon!

If you would like to contribute something, please email charity@zombiehunters.org with the details.

UPDATE! Check mailed on March 22nd:

We asked Direct Relief if they could email us a copy of the letter so we could pass it on to paypal, in hopes of talking them into waiving the fees. And, also sharing it so you guys know we didn't run off to Mexico with you money. :)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:36 pm 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

If you are interested in donating anything for us to raffle off let me know. I'll have a list of stuff ZS will be throwing in the pot soon.

We have some folks working on banner ads for this but if any of you are any good at photoshop, please feel free to throw something together and share it in this thread! I know there are some creative folks in here..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:41 pm 

Nicely done, Kyle!

Donation on the way.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:45 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Ditto what he said. Donation made. Thanks for setting this up. Come on ZS, let's beat the 2008 relief donation!

nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:46 pm 

Herp derp, missed the forum name field.

Halp?

Eta
Nevermind. ...email sent to charity@

Last edited by JTNieman on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:47 pm 

I'll be donating next paycheck.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:54 pm 

Doh!!
I didn't read that part about putting in the Japan relief thingy. I just put in my forum name.

I'll go through my things and find something for the raffle. I'll take pictures. Someone can PM me where to post it.

I'm glad we are doing this. Kyle, thank you and everyone on your end working on this. I can sleep better now.

DK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:00 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

It should have already been on the paypal form even if you didn't put it on there...
Quote:
ZS Charity Drive supporting Direct Relief International
Reference: DirectRelief-Japan-2011

nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:14 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Donation on the way!

Thanks for setting this up, this is one of the reasons I like this place so much :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:21 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Done.

Thanks to you wonderful ZS folks for putting this together.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:23 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Donation enroute!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:47 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Um, something didn't work on my end?

*even the wise man dwells in a fool's paradise

Survived ZSC:001 Winterg(h)eddon X
Survived ZombieCon X
Stayed toasty warm at ZSC:001 Winterg(h)eddon Twenty Eleven
Barely survived ZombieCon 2011

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:49 pm 

Sent!

Thanks for organizing this.

Quote:
"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
Edd Tollett

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:48 am 

drewder wrote:
Um, something didn't work on my end?

Yah, after donating I was sent to zs.robotsquad.org. Mozilla didn't like it. I still got the confirmation from Paypal that it went through.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:19 am 

Thanks for organising this!

TC's Defence of the Realm Target Download

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:57 am 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Sorry about the weird error, folks.

That robotsquad.org it was trying to return you to, after the transaction was complete, is our testing server for zombiehunters.org. I forgot to switch the URL for the return path when I moved it over to production. My bad. Thanks for letting me know. I really appreciate it. That might have freaked some people out a bit.

As of 1:30 am on 16-March-2011 (only 5 hours into the drive) we have raised a total of $1,427.00.

I'm highly impressed! Out of those 23 donors, only 4 or you have Private Messaged me to let me know you forgot to put your forum name on the form. :)

just a reminder:

I'll get those forum badges set up later today.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:08 am 

Donated :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:45 am 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way to tie the donations given to setting up the forum badges so it has to be done manually. So, bare with us. We'll probably do them daily.

Also, if you forget to put your forum name in with the donation, drop an email to charity@zombiehunters.org with your forum name and the name the payment cam in as on Paypal and someone will hook you up.

As of 06:45 CDT on 16-March-2011 we have raised a total of $1,657.00 thanks to 31 donors!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:51 am 

donation inbound and i'll get this posted up on our chapter facebook page to spread the word

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:17 am 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

anungunrama wrote:
donation inbound and i'll get this posted up on our chapter facebook page to spread the word

Awesome. Thanks! This might be better to spread around the Internet: http://zombiehunters.org/japan.php

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:19 am 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Oh, I failed to mention how to go about getting your free membership if you donated over $50.

- If you are getting a NEW membership, just fill out the application and then drop an email to membership@zombiehunters.org and let Jen know.
- If you are getting a RENEWAL then just drop an email to membership@zombiehunters.org and let Jen know.

Be sure to reference the email address and name the donation came from.

Thanks, everyone!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:20 am 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Done. Whatever else I spend my money on this week, at least I'll know that $25 of it was well spent.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:25 am 

Done, Thanks for setting this up!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:33 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I posted a link to Zombie Squad's Disaster Relief Fund for Japan on ZSNY's facebook page, which may extend the reach of the fund-raiser by a bit.

Jamie - nfa

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next