It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:29 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

My understanding is that the ZS board would prefer for local chapters to run more locally oriented fund-raisers in the future...although I may be talking out of my ass, this makes sense to me for a couple of reasons:

1) local fund-raisers going to local charities will tie a local chapter of ZS more closely to their region

2) national/international fund-raisers that tap the worldwide ZS members may lead to "donor fatigue", and compromise the ability/willingness of people to give when ZS runs a big fund-raiser (like for NOLA or Burma)

3) nobody reads the 3rd reason given, but answers with only 2 parts are viewed as incomplete or not fully thought out

Jamie

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:27 am 

[quote="nfa"]My understanding is that the ZS board would prefer for local chapters to run more locally oriented fund-raisers [/quote]

So we had our first meeting and it was crazy like 20 people showed up… now whether any will join or contribute remains to be seen but a few seemed genuinely enthused about doing something. I totally get your points and why ZS would think that about a raffle as it was something that was brought up at the chapter meeting as members really wanted to be sure we were supporting or local community. As I was encouraging people to join they wanted to know where their $15 bucks was going. I of course explain that the ZS supports world wide charities not just STL ones. We did decide on holding a raffle at our movie screening though but that money will go directly to our local charity (since it’s the holidays everyone seemed to think “toys for tots” was the way to go)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:52 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

[quote="nfa"]

3) nobody reads the 3rd reason given, but answers with only 2 parts are viewed as incomplete or not fully thought out

Jamie

[/quote]

Hilarious.
Message recieved and understood.

EeRie, is someone from the "upline" in contact with you?

-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:13 am 

[quote="Tetra Grammaton Cleric"]

-[/quote]

well I wish they where more but yeah I have recived a few emails from Michelle [zschapters@gmail.com] on requirments to be a chapter but haven't gotten any feed back on our plans but just started getting them in the past few days so... may take more that 24hr to get back to me/us

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:23 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

[quote="EeRie"][quote="Tetra Grammaton Cleric"]

-[/quote]

well I wish they where more but yeah I have recived a few emails from Michelle [zschapters@gmail.com] on requirments to be a chapter but haven't gotten any feed back on our plans but just started getting them in the past few days so... may take more that 24hr to get back to me/us[/quote]

Give Michelle all the time she needs, as she is your first line in and your last line out. Be patient, the most important thing for you right now (besides enthusiasm) is having ZS-001 in sync with you. Take your time and wait for Michelle if you are about to head into uncharted terrority.

(We were that close to ZS-Australia being ZS-005 in case you were wondering.)

Get in touch with Mr. Right Wing immediately. He is the unofficial longtime ZS ambassador.

-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:57 am 

[quote="Tetra Grammaton Cleric"]

Give Michelle all the time she needs, as she is your first line in and your last line out. Be patient, the most important thing for you right now (besides enthusiasm) is having ZS-001 in sync with you. Take your time and wait for Michelle if you are about to head into uncharted terrority.

Get in touch with Mr. Right Wing immediately. He is the unofficial longtime ZS ambassador.

-[/quote]

II tried to contact Mr. Right Wing and one other person I could find on the forum from doing a search on "Vegas" so I hope he gets a hold of me as I have been doing a lot of work on getting this off the ground I've even spent a bit making stickers for the neighborhood zombie watch and other things but was really, really surprised at the number of people that showed up. Two of them said in the past 2 weeks signed up and paid the $15 to be members but I haven’t seen them around the forums so I had no clue. I think people really just wanted to see who showed up to our first “un-official” meeting to see if they even wanted to get involved as they had mentioned the ZS online presents of the survivalist nut, militia group was not what they where wanting to get involved in but more a group of people who love horror flicks and want to give back to their community with an excuse to dress up like Zombies to do a zombie mob and promote cool events. Not to say a few didn’t show up packing with their hand to hand combat books and great ideas on self reliance. We had a range of people show from a lawyer, an EMT who offer anyone to sign up to do ride around’s even a 2 hair stylist! So it will be very interesting what direction this go’s as well as the feedback from ZS HQ as we are planning on doing our first charity event (with out the ZS name) on the 11th of December! We have gotten a 100 seat theater location as well as express consent to show a film. The girls want to do a bake sale dressed as zombies the EMT wants to do a skit/training on dressing a bite wound all sorts of cool stuff! I’m way stoked!

Edit: what happen or what fell through on starting your chapter?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:02 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

[quote="EeRie"][quote="Tetra Grammaton Cleric"]

-[/quote]

II tried to contact Mr. Right Wing and one other person I could find on the forum from doing a search on "Vegas" so I hope he gets a hold of me as I have been doing a lot of work on getting this off the ground I've even spent a bit making stickers for the neighborhood zombie watch and other things but was really, really surprised at the number of people that showed up. Two of them said in the past 2 weeks signed up and paid the $15 to be members but I haven’t seen them around the forums so I had no clue. I think people really just wanted to see who showed up to our first “un-official” meeting to see if they even wanted to get involved as they had mentioned the ZS online presents of the survivalist nut, militia group was not what they where wanting to get involved in but more a group of people who love horror flicks and want to give back to their community with an excuse to dress up like Zombies to do a zombie mob and promote cool events. Not to say a few didn’t show up packing with their hand to hand combat books and great ideas on self reliance. We had a range of people show from a lawyer, an EMT who offer anyone to sign up to do ride around’s even a 2 hair stylist! So it will be very interesting what direction this go’s as well as the feedback from ZS HQ as we are planning on doing our first charity event (with out the ZS name) on the 11th of December! We have gotten a 100 seat theater location as well as express consent to show a film. The girls want to do a bake sale dressed as zombies the EMT wants to do a skit/training on dressing a bite wound all sorts of cool stuff! I’m way stoked!

Edit: what happen or what fell through on starting your chapter?[/quote]

Sounds all well and groovy.

Basically, it was me falling offline the way I did (see ZS>The Winchester>Meeting Room>Australians in the house.)

Just stay in touch with Michelle.

If you say the words "Kukhri", "RPK" or "Pimped up manwhore'd Golden Desert Eagle" three times MRW will appear behind you. Use with caution.

-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:18 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Just as a heads up from someone who just went through this... It takes a lot of effort and time to set up a chapter. Just be patient and you'll get everything squared away. And one day, when you least expect it, you'll see a shiny new section on the forum and wonder, "Now what do we put in there?"

Also, don't send your chapter agreement USPS priority mail. Apparently the USPS thinks that "priority" means being delivered by hand... from the back of a pony... from the other side of the country...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:09 pm 

[quote="outoforder2day"]Just as a heads up from someone who just went through this... It takes a lot of effort and time to set up a chapter. Just be patient and you'll get everything squared away. And one day, when you least expect it, you'll see a shiny new section on the forum and wonder, "Now what do we put in there?"

Also, don't send your chapter agreement USPS priority mail. Apparently the USPS thinks that "priority" means being delivered by hand... from the back of a pony... from the other side of the country...[/quote]

Congratulations on being a chapter and yeah it is a little time consuming and it’s all very fragile right now as we are pulling in people from a wide variety of backgrounds to get involved but I have a small amount of disposable income and all the free time in the world. As well as I used to work for Stuff & Maxim magazine and have a bit of a back ground in promoting events. Along with the over whelming response to my recruiting efforts amazing how much $30 worth of stickers and a MySpace can do. Its something you may consider doing in your area. I set up a form for people to fill out online for a “zombie sighting/attack” and I sent a sticker (half page neighborhood zombie watch flyer printed on over sized label paper) and throw a stamp on the back with the address. I started seeing them all over town.

And yeah Fax is the way to go or where originals required?