It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:31 pm 

It's the 11th hour...I bought a few more tickets, just to make sure. I'm all over this stuff!

Deschain

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:02 pm 

Sorry NFA,
I'm tapped out or I'd meet the balance. Too many causes this year.
DK

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:27 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Dak Kovar wrote:
Sorry NFA,
I'm tapped out or I'd meet the balance. Too many causes this year.
DK

No sweat...seriously...I wouldn't want anyone to overextend themselves...the good people of ZS help lots of people in lots of ways...

Jamie

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:30 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

UPDATE!

As of this morning, 9/15/08, we have crossed the line of our original intended goal of $685, but will leave the fund-raiser up and running until midnight tonight in the hope of making a bit more money to give the ARC of NENY.

Thanks to everyone who helped us out, I count this fund-raiser as a major success for our fledgling ZS chapter...there's still time to help by visiting the page linked to in my sig below.

Jamie

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:00 am 

Thank you very much to everyone who bought tickets, and good luck!

Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:47 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I just chased down the last co-worker who wanted to buy a ticket, and her purchase took us to the $700 mark for this fund-raiser.

I think that for our first time out as a group trying to raise money we did a good job.

I'll post more detailed results later on and will explain how we'll be selecting raffle prize winners in a fair manner.

Thanks again to everyone who helped out on this fund-raiser...you rock ZS!

Jamie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:29 am 

"At the end of the raffle, we will choose winners for each item from the raffle e-tickets at random, announce the winners, and donors will mail the items out to the winners."

So who won? :-)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:46 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

elricfate wrote:
"At the end of the raffle, we will choose winners for each item from the raffle e-tickets at random, announce the winners, and donors will mail the items out to the winners."

So who won? :-)

Sorry about the delay everyone, I was waiting for physical tickets for the drawing...they've arrived, and we'll be doing the drawing tonight...

Pics and explanation of the process, for purposes of transparency, to follow...

Jamie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:59 am 

No biggie, I'm just curious. :-D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:43 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

There were 15 raffle-items and 117 tickets sold. I put 117 paper raffle tickets in my big popcorn bowl, stirred them up, and had my son Ben pick out 15, with my wife Gail noting the numbers. Because PayPal gives me actual names, instead of user-names , I will not be posting the names of all of the winners, but you should be notified by email by the donor in the next day or so, and should get your prize shortly thereafter.

Thanks again to everyone who participated in the raffle and fund-raiser, because of your generosity, we're not only on our way to forming a new ZS chapter, but (more importantly) we're going to be able to help a NY family in their time of crisis.

If anyone has any questions about the fund-raiser, please feel free to get in touch with me.

Jamie

Edit to add: I just sent out an email to all of the winners of the raffle, congratulating and thanking them, so if you don't get one in your mailbox soon, you were not a prize-winner this time...

I'm sorry that we don't have prizes for everyone that participated, but if you make it to one of our get-togethers sometime, show me a "sad puppy" face, and tell me that you helped out with the fund-raiser but didn't win a prize, I'll buy you a tasty beverage of your choice and polish your shoes while you enjoy it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:46 am 

I won something!!!

But the important thing is that you're able to help someone in their time of need. I'm happy to have been a part of it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:32 pm 

I won something!! I never win anything. This is great.

I'm glad I was in a position to help with this one. I think it is a good cause and a good bunch of people.

Thanks again guys.

DK

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:01 pm 

Same. I never win anything. Awesome that I finally won something.

Even more awesome that we helped families in need.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:31 pm 

I just found out that I won the EMS Pack from Rescue Essentials, which is great because I've been looking for something just like that for an FAK to keep in my vehicle. What luck!!!

This is good stuff all around. Once again, I'm glad I was able to help.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:05 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I hope that everyone (or almost everyone) has their prizes by now.

3 future officers of the NY chapter of ZS presented a check for $700 to the Director of Development of the American Red Cross of Northeastern New York...we even had a "big check" for a photo-op...

Thanks again to everyone who helped to make this fund-raiser the success that it was, your generosity will directly benefit the people of NY!

Jamie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:57 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Here's a picture taken last weekend at the American Red Cross of Northeastern New York offices in Albany, NY when we gave them a check for the $700 that we were able to raise (with lots of help from Zombie Squad).

Pictured from left to right are Famine, Outoforder2day, Christine Powers of the ARC, and me.

We got the picture taken in front of a cool trailer/kitchen they have that is capable of producing/serving 5,000 meals per day. Sysco gave 5 of these to the ARC, and 1 of them is based in Albany.

After the picture and presentation, we took a nice tour of the facilities, checking out the communication and training and disaster relief supply areas.

Jamie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:08 pm 

Nice work. Well done guys.

DK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:26 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

nfa wrote:

Here's a picture taken last weekend at the American Red Cross of Northeastern New York offices in Albany, NY when we gave them a check for the $700 that we were able to raise (with lots of help from Zombie Squad).

Pictured from left to right are Famine, Outoforder2day, Christine Powers of the ARC, and me.

We got the picture taken in front of a cool trailer/kitchen they have that is capable of producing/serving 5,000 meals per day. Sysco gave 5 of these to the ARC, and 1 of them is based in Albany.

After the picture and presentation, we took a nice tour of the facilities, checking out the communication and training and disaster relief supply areas.

Jamie

Can't seem to get BBCode to stay on when I reply. I'll have to send Kyle a message. Tying to post the other pictures...
Well, other people can Turn my BBcode on, this is a start!
All pics that I have of the event are posted here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/outoforder ... 028045527/

Last edited by thelight on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:10 pm 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Wow. Why have we never thought of doing this before? Handing a huge $5800.00 check wold have made a decent picture. :)

Great work guys! I'm pretty excited to see what you guys in the ZSC007 come up with in the future.

nfa wrote:

Jamie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:01 pm 

But where do you get the giant checkbooks? And the pens to write on those things must be huge.

I should check with the World's Most Giant Doctor
[img]http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/6352/scrubs417rv3.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:50 pm 

I wanted to say this was very cool way to raise money and hold your first charity event! I'm way impressed with the amount of money you raised. I had a few questions though as here in Las Vegas we are wanting to start a chapter as well (our first unofficial meeting is tonight) and I wanted to bring up holding a raffle as an idea also. First how are you going to get the winners their items? I'm assuming since it's online theoretically people from around the world may have won and the cost of shipping could put a huge dent in the amount earned. Secondly you guys had some very cool and useful items but what are the logistics of sending knives through the mail? Also since its an online raffle what kind of age verification do you have or are you even responsible for checking age before sending an axe to a 13 year old kid?

Edit: Ok someone just mentioned to me you must be 18 to have a credit card so I guess that's age verification

Last edited by EeRie on Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:21 pm 

Our chapter was going to try to do this also but I don't think the bigwigs want anymore online raffles.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:25 pm 

[quote="BethDeath"]Our chapter was going to try to do this also but I don't think the bigwigs want anymore online raffles.[/quote]

That's the word on the street.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:17 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

[quote="Seanwins"][quote="BethDeath"]Our chapter was going to try to do this also but I don't think the bigwigs want anymore online raffles.[/quote]

That's the word on the street.[/quote]

Can someone say why? Pm me if you like. I seem to remember something about it initially when Jamie set up that auction while the STL crew were back in NOLA but can't remember any details.

Wtf is up with the UBBcode in this thread?
-

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next