It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:03 pm 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

crypto wrote:
Mrearp wrote:
Well.. Figured I would post..

Since 4/8 I am at like 85 hours.

I actually had my LT sign the form :) He kinda gave me a weird look. I'm known for being a little whacky in the office and since I am the youngest and only a volunteer :).. I just explained that if your prepared for Zombies your prepared for anything!

In my 85 hours.. I've taught a cert class, trained 30 people in how to do search and rescue, volunteered for a walk, spent a lot of time planning for a large run / walk in our city coming up and spent a bunch of ours in training courses learning how to save the world :).. and spent the night at a baseball game talking to citizens about getting prepared.

The most rewarding 30 minutes I spent was when I met these 3 people taking the CERT training that looked at me and said give us all the info you can! They were average joe's that were preparing themselves for when the shtf. I talked about them in another post. I think they will probbally end up here at some point. I see them again on Tuesday for the final so I'll make sure to write the web site down instead of just telling them.

I'll be sending my hours in soon :) I'm just itchin for a shirt :)

I wasn't counting hours I spent in training, only hours actually helping people.

Taking classes doesn't count as volunteering but teaching classes does.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:10 pm 

Darn,

There goes about 15-20 hours :(

Thats ok, I have a walk every weekend for the next 2-3 weeks

Do disaster drills count?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:15 pm 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Mrearp wrote:
Darn,

There goes about 15-20 hours :(

Yeah. Unfortunately, a majority of the time was spent in updating my training classes this year. I spent 12 hours the weekend before last getting my emergency vehicle and first-aid/CPR certifications renews.

Mrearp wrote:
Thats ok, I have a walk every weekend for the next 2-3 weeks

Do disaster drills count?

That's a good question. There is a Red Cross disaster drill here in St. Louis in a few weeks. We'll have to ask Mike about that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:20 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Actually, I'm not sure that there's going to be one in a few weeks. It's possible that someone necro'ed last year's thread and I didn't realize it when I started talking about it.

Please refer to this link to watch me act retarded:

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 632#347632

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:12 pm 

well I taught a 8 hour AHA Health care Provider CPR class to 3 members of the community,
Ran 20 medical calls and 2 fires to date with the VOL fire dept / rescue squad
Taught a wound management class for the local CERT team
And used some pictures and scenario's from here to teach a trauma class for the Volunteer Fire Dept.
Donated 4 pints of the red stuff.
Plus I am lining up a health care provider CPR class in the pay it forward thread for august.

There ya go kyle add that to your spreadsheet however I don't do this for stuff so you can keep the premiums. I appreciate the gesture though. I don't help for recognition I help because if I don't who will?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:30 pm 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

thorian wrote:
well I taught a 8 hour AHA Health care Provider CPR class to 3 members of the community,
Ran 20 medical calls and 2 fires to date with the VOL fire dept / rescue squad
Taught a wound management class for the local CERT team
And used some pictures and scenario's from here to teach a trauma class for the Volunteer Fire Dept.
Donated 4 pints of the red stuff.
Plus I am lining up a health care provider CPR class in the pay it forward thread for august.

There ya go kyle add that to your spreadsheet however I don't do this for stuff so you can keep the premiums. I appreciate the gesture though. I don't help for recognition I help because if I don't who will?

I don't have a spread sheet. Jamoni handles the VAP forms if they come in at the end of the year then mails out the stuff.

Contrary to popular belief, I don't run everything in Zombie Squad. I'm just the website guy.

Keep up the good work!

Feel free to drop an email to volunteer@zombiehunters.org if any of you have any questions about the Volunteer Awards Program if it's not already answered in this discussion thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:21 pm 

Hey, for platelet donation do I need to have a supervisor cited on the form? If I did, it would just be the receptionist at the donor center, who you would call to verify my hours anyway. Also, she usually leaves halfway through my donation so it's not very true to say that she's supervising.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:38 pm 

Location: Arizona, where the plants try to kill you and the sun tries to boil you alive
sorry for the extraneous post, just wanted to say this is a bloody great idea all around. yay for ZS! :D I'd love to see the stats at some point on how many members are volunteering, how much time and where they devote their time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:36 pm 

well done!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:06 pm 

Had to ask, Does coaching a baseball team qualify?
I was talking to a co-worker about this program and telling him about how I need to get into some volunteering and he told me "dude, you coach baseball, you volunteer like 4 days a week". I guess he may be right, I never really looked at it like that. I kinda just always looked it it like, "I get to go out and play baseball? I get to go out and show someone else how I like to play baseball? I get the chance to act like a kid? Im down!".

Season is over now, but I will definatly be doing it next year..... now the parents are asking me if I will coach soccer as well. I dont know a thing about that game so I think i might just go out and help and not be a "coach".

BTW, my team is friggen awesome. all really good ball players for their age and tons of fun. We where not the number one team in our league, but we all had a blast! I was amazed how fast a couple of the kids learned, kids that had never even played catch before. end of the season they where pulling line drives out of the air and making double plays!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:38 am 

i coach a 4 year old co-ed soccer team, is that considered volunteer work. i dont get paid or anything. just helping out the youngens

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:59 am 

I recently got in touch with a free clinic that I could volunteer at. Basic medical stuff like taking pulses, BPs, histories. Hopefully I'll have some good stories soon.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:42 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

BUMP!

I'm working a shift for the American Red Cross Disaster Action Team, right now! After tonights shift it should put me at about 34 hours of time put in for ARC. I have a shift with DAT at the end of the month and then one in December. What are the rest of you doing?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:11 am 

As the year closes and we submit our hours, how would you like to get them? In scans sent to the e-mail? Snail-mailed?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:44 pm 

so...I have been with the Boyscouts of America in the detroit area for about 10 years or so... what do I have to do to submit hours worked and such?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:32 am 

I don't run anything, but I would assume that you would print out one of the timesheets from the original post. The front has blanks for your information such as name, member number, charity worked for, brief description of what you do, and the name of a supervisor (someone they can call to corroborate your story). On the back is a bunch of blanks where you can fill out which dates you worked and how many hours you worked on those days. Then you total the hours up and put the sum in a large blank at the bottom. Then you send it in by mail or e-mail and they should be talleyed up and then you get your prize(s).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:02 am 

oh ok, thanx man!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:32 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Hey, all!

Just a reminder to submit your hours so you can obtain fancy, fancy trinkets! They'll be awesome reminders of just how fantastic you were in 2008. And we'll even add everybody's hours up so that you can see how productive ZS has been in various communities around the world.

Here are links to the forms:
http://zombiehunters.org/vap/zs-vap.rtf
http://zombiehunters.org/vap/zs-vap.pdf

And here's where you email the forms (and any questions):
vap@zombiehunters.org

I'm looking forward to seeing all your projects from the past year!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:39 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

I'd usually not post this, but the link to the e-mail in Jamoni's first post wasn't working:

Does Big Brother's and Big Sisters count for this. I've been with my Little since June and, if it is cool with you guys, would like to log the hours I spend with him. I'm also in NET so will be submitting those too for 2009. Already got 5 hours for the sandbagging I did in Estacada last Saturday - though I'm not sure who I can get to sign that... oh well.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:31 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

What is the deadline for submitting hours for 2008?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:46 pm 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

ninja-elbow wrote:
I'd usually not post this, but the link to the e-mail in Jamoni's first post wasn't working:

Does Big Brother's and Big Sisters count for this. I've been with my Little since June and, if it is cool with you guys, would like to log the hours I spend with him. I'm also in NET so will be submitting those too for 2009. Already got 5 hours for the sandbagging I did in Estacada last Saturday - though I'm not sure who I can get to sign that... oh well.

Check out the post just above yours. :) Due to Jamoni's new work schedule over the last several months, he had to drop out of running this program for now. Michelle is taking it over and can answer any of your questions at the email she supplied.

If anyone else has any VAP questions drop her a line. She'll gladly help you. The forum is a bad form of communication for any official business, if you want a reply in a reasonable amount of time.

vap@zombiehunters.org

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:19 am 

I could put myself forward for this (once I get some income to pay for the membership)

But it wouldn't be fair to anyone else as I do upwards of 900+ hours a year.

What do I do?

I am a Volunteer patient torturer......Down Mr Hyde

(Smacks him over the head with a wooden spoon)

Sorry about that, lets try again.

I am a Volunteer Events Medic.

I go out to events & sports like fairs, concerts, motocross, rugby (NZ Rugby that is), Athletics, parades etc you name it i have most probably done it.

I do this for fun (yes I know that I am weird like that wanting to to look at blood & guts for hours at a time just for fun).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:56 pm 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Dr Jekell wrote:
I could put myself forward for this (once I get some income to pay for the membership)

But it wouldn't be fair to anyone else as I do upwards of 900+ hours a year.

What do I do?

I am a Volunteer patient torturer......Down Mr Hyde

(Smacks him over the head with a wooden spoon)

Sorry about that, lets try again.

I am a Volunteer Events Medic.

I go out to events & sports like fairs, concerts, motocross, rugby (NZ Rugby that is), Athletics, parades etc you name it i have most probably done it.

I do this for fun (yes I know that I am weird like that wanting to to look at blood & guts for hours at a time just for fun).

That's awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:09 pm 

is there a chapter in hampton virginia?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next