Donate to the Zombie Squad's Disaster Relief Fund for Japan

Upcoming charity events hosted by Zombie Squad and its Chapters.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Donate to the Zombie Squad's Disaster Relief Fund for Japan

Post by kyle » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:31 pm

THE DRIVE IS CLOSED as of 20-MARCH-2011 @ 10:30 CDT!!

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO DONATED AND MADE THIS DRIVE A SMASHING SUCCESS!!

Use this link and spread the word: http://zombiehunters.org/japan/

This fund raising drive will run from 15-March-2011 to 15-April-2011 or until we reach $10,000.00 - whichever comes first. Help us end this drive ahead of schedule!

Update: As of 10:30 CDT on 20-March-2011 we have raised a total of $13,046.20 thanks to 254 donors!

On March 11, 2011, an estimated 9.0 magnitude earthquake hit Japan. The earthquake not only caused devastation in its own right, but it produced a tsunami along Japan's northeastern coast, wiping entire towns from the map and crippling major cities. Currently, there are 10 thousand people thought dead and many thousands more unaccounted for.

- Google has a lot of great info available here

- Images, stories and links to news articles about the devastation can be found in this ZS forum discussion here.

Zombie Squad's mission is to educate our communities about the importance of disaster preparedness and, whenever possible, assist those communities when disaster strikes.

In years past, the members of ZS have answered the call for help with incredible results, raising $2686 for the victims of Hurricane Katrina in 2005, $2701 for Greensburg, Kansas in 2007, and $5800 for the people of Myanmar and China in 2008. Today with our expanded membership base and worldwide chapters behind us, we feel certain we can top these efforts and really make a difference for those suffering from this latest catastrophe.

This fund raiser will follow the same design as our previous campaigns.

Zombie Squad is collecting funds for Direct Relief International, an organization working hard to support relief efforts in Japan and other parts of the world who were affected by this historic earthquake and tsunami. The funds for this drive will be donated to Direct Relief International via check at the completion of this campaign, which will last 30 days or until we hit $10,000.00.

Please keep in mind that 100% of your donation will go to Direct Relief International. Any and all fees associated with your donation (paypal fees, dog tags, postage, administration costs, etc.) will be paid for by Zombie Squad, its supporting members, and the awesome people who buy our stuff. EVERY CENT of your donation will go to the charity supported in this drive.

Why not just donate money directly? There's nothing wrong with that. If you don't feel comfortable donating to the ZS fund, please don't let that stop you from donating on your own. However, You get cool stuff if you donate with us:

1) If you're a member of our discussion forum, you'll get a cool banner under your name until the end of the year.
2) The first 250 to donate $25 or more to the ZS collection will receive a special edition ZS dog tag, similar to the previous relief effort tags.
3) If you donate $25 or more you will be placed in a raffle for some stuff from ZS and other charitable donors (scroll down to "DONATED ITEMS" at the bottom of this post).
4) If you donate $50 or more we will also throw in a year ZS membership.

If you donate, you'll get the corresponding banner:
Image for donations of $1 - $25.00
Image for donations of $25.01 - $49.99
Image for donations of $50 - 99.99
Image for donations $100+

How can you pass that up? We hope this will encourage those to give who might not normally donate otherwise.

You can donate by clicking the button below:
THE DRIVE IS CLOSED as of 20-MARCH-2011 @ 10:30 CDT!!

Be sure to specify your forum name if you want a banner applied to it. You can do that by simply clicking the circled link:

Or you can send us a check or money order payable to Zombie Squad (no cash). However, be sure to e-mail us at charity@zombiehunters.org so we know to expect it.

ZOMBIE SQUAD
Attn: Relief for Japan Tsunami
P.O. BOX 63124
ST. LOUIS, MO. 63163

Make sure to note on the check that the money is for this charity drive.

We feel it is important to come together and help out those whose lives have been affected by this tragedy. This is our opportunity to show what we as a group can do to make our world a better place.

If you are not comfortable donating to ZS, please do not let that stop you from helping out. However, be sure to investigate before you give.

If you donate $50.00 or more and want to claim your complimentary ZS membership, drop an email to membership@zombiehunters.org and let us know what ZS Membership to credit. If this is for new ZS Membership, go ahead and fill out the application first, then email us so there is a membership in our records to apply the credit. Be sure to reference the membership account name, as well as the email address where the donation came from in your email.

Thank you for your help. If you have any questions at all regarding this relief fund raiser, please don't hesitate to email us at charity@zombiehunters.org

-------------- DONATED ITEMS --------------

- Donated by military sci-fi author Michael Z. Williamson (aka mzmadmike)
  • Michael Z. Williamson wrote:The winner of this auction (or biggest donor) will get to be a character in Michael Z. Williamson's third Ripple Creek Security novel, "When Diplomacy Fails..." due to be released in 2012. They get to name the character after themselves or a pseudonym, and die an heroic death in literary fashion.
    If we have a tie between multiple donors for the "most donated" we will pick randomly between them. Thanks mzmadmike! This is a pretty awesome give away. :)
These are some of the items that will be raffled off to donors who contributed $25 or more:
More items to be added soon!

If you would like to contribute something, please email charity@zombiehunters.org with the details.

UPDATE! Check mailed on March 22nd:

We asked Direct Relief if they could email us a copy of the letter so we could pass it on to paypal, in hopes of talking them into waiving the fees. And, also sharing it so you guys know we didn't run off to Mexico with you money. :)

Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Re: Donate to the Zombie Squad's Disaster Relief Fund for Ja

Post by kyle » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:36 pm

If you are interested in donating anything for us to raffle off let me know. I'll have a list of stuff ZS will be throwing in the pot soon.

We have some folks working on banner ads for this but if any of you are any good at photoshop, please feel free to throw something together and share it in this thread! I know there are some creative folks in here..
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

hangfire

Post by hangfire » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:41 pm

Nicely done, Kyle!

Donation on the way.

sandcrawler
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead was funny along with Zombieland. On the more serious side the Resident Evil movies work for me. The WORST zombie movie I've seen to date is Poultrygeist

Post by sandcrawler » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:45 pm

Ditto what he said. Donation made. Thanks for setting this up. Come on ZS, let's beat the 2008 relief donation!
--
Sandcrawler
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal;
nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
Thomas Jefferson

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:46 pm

Herp derp, missed the forum name field.

Halp?

Eta
Nevermind. ...email sent to charity@
Last edited by JTNieman on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Biggin

Post by Biggin » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:47 pm

I'll be donating next paycheck.

Dak Kovar

Post by Dak Kovar » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:54 pm

Doh!!
I didn't read that part about putting in the Japan relief thingy. I just put in my forum name.

I'll go through my things and find something for the raffle. I'll take pictures. Someone can PM me where to post it.

I'm glad we are doing this. Kyle, thank you and everyone on your end working on this. I can sleep better now.

DK

sandcrawler
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead was funny along with Zombieland. On the more serious side the Resident Evil movies work for me. The WORST zombie movie I've seen to date is Poultrygeist

Post by sandcrawler » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:00 pm

It should have already been on the paypal form even if you didn't put it on there...
ZS Charity Drive supporting Direct Relief International
Reference: DirectRelief-Japan-2011
--
Sandcrawler
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal;
nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
Thomas Jefferson

Big B
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Shawn of the Dead, Army of Darkness, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Etc

Post by Big B » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:14 pm

Donation on the way!

Thanks for setting this up, this is one of the reasons I like this place so much :D

airballrad
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by airballrad » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:21 pm

Done.

Thanks to you wonderful ZS folks for putting this together.

Charlie_Kilo
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead, 28 Days Later

Post by Charlie_Kilo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:23 pm

Donation enroute!

drewder
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: White Zombie (1932 Bella Lugosi)
Dawn of the Dead (new and original)
Day of the Dead
Night of the Living Dead
The Return of the Living Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Evil Dead
Evil Dead 2 (dead by dawn)
Army of Darkness
Grindhouse
Planet Terror
28 days later
28 Weeks Later
I am Legend
The FOG (original, the remake sucked ass)
Resident Evil (the Saga)
Silent Hill
The Phantasm (the SAGA)
Friday the 13th (from start to finish)
Pet Sematary
Night of the Comet

Post by drewder » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:47 pm

Um, something didn't work on my end?

The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

*even the wise man dwells in a fool's paradise

Survived ZSC:001 Winterg(h)eddon X
Survived ZombieCon X
Stayed toasty warm at ZSC:001 Winterg(h)eddon Twenty Eleven
Barely survived ZombieCon 2011

Dedsquirrl
Favorite Zombie Movies: Bubba's Chili Parlor
Dawn of the Dead
Outpost (Not sure if it qualifies)
Shaun of the Dead
Zombieland

Post by Dedsquirrl » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:49 pm

Sent!

Thanks for organizing this.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
Edd Tollett

Seanwins
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), 28 Days Later, Resident Evil (all)

Post by Seanwins » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:48 am

drewder wrote:Um, something didn't work on my end?

Yah, after donating I was sent to zs.robotsquad.org. Mozilla didn't like it. I still got the confirmation from Paypal that it went through.

TC

Post by TC » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:19 am

Thanks for organising this!
KentsOkay wrote: I immediately thought about calling 911, but once we got to the T stop and got her out of her jeans, things seemed to be going a lot better.
TC's Defence of the Realm Target Download

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by kyle » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:57 am

Sorry about the weird error, folks.

That robotsquad.org it was trying to return you to, after the transaction was complete, is our testing server for zombiehunters.org. I forgot to switch the URL for the return path when I moved it over to production. My bad. Thanks for letting me know. I really appreciate it. That might have freaked some people out a bit.

As of 1:30 am on 16-March-2011 (only 5 hours into the drive) we have raised a total of $1,427.00.

I'm highly impressed! Out of those 23 donors, only 4 or you have Private Messaged me to let me know you forgot to put your forum name on the form. :)

just a reminder:

I'll get those forum badges set up later today.

mattltm

Post by mattltm » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:08 am

Donated :D
"Spooky action at a distance."

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by kyle » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:45 am

Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way to tie the donations given to setting up the forum badges so it has to be done manually. So, bare with us. We'll probably do them daily.

Also, if you forget to put your forum name in with the donation, drop an email to charity@zombiehunters.org with your forum name and the name the payment cam in as on Paypal and someone will hook you up.

As of 06:45 CDT on 16-March-2011 we have raised a total of $1,657.00 thanks to 31 donors!

anungunrama
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead
dawn of the dead
cemetery man
dead alive
day of the dead
land of the dead
shaun of the dead
dead snow
and many, many, many more

Post by anungunrama » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:51 am

donation inbound and i'll get this posted up on our chapter facebook page to spread the word

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by kyle » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:17 am

anungunrama wrote:donation inbound and i'll get this posted up on our chapter facebook page to spread the word
Awesome. Thanks! This might be better to spread around the Internet: http://zombiehunters.org/japan.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by kyle » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:19 am

Oh, I failed to mention how to go about getting your free membership if you donated over $50.

- If you are getting a NEW membership, just fill out the application and then drop an email to membership@zombiehunters.org and let Jen know.
- If you are getting a RENEWAL then just drop an email to membership@zombiehunters.org and let Jen know.

Be sure to reference the email address and name the donation came from.

Thanks, everyone!

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:20 am

Done. Whatever else I spend my money on this week, at least I'll know that $25 of it was well spent.

J.C.
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, 28 Days Later, Zombieland

Post by J.C. » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:25 am

Done, Thanks for setting this up!
squinty wrote: Birds gotta fly, fish gotta swim, zombies gotta shuffle around and eatcher brains. Why do sharks eat divers? Why not swim around and starve to death?
Why do tornadoes zero in on trailer parks? Why not just blow around harmlessly? It's the way of the world, man.

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:33 am

I posted a link to Zombie Squad's Disaster Relief Fund for Japan on ZSNY's facebook page, which may extend the reach of the fund-raiser by a bit.

Jamie - nfa
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

Return to “Zombie Squad Charity Projects”