It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:38 am 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

CaptainRW, this has been in the post since Feb 2006:
Quote:
There are two stipulations. You must be a supporting member of Zombie Squad (I.E. have paid your membership dues) and you must actually use the number. We don’t want them wasted

All I added was the red text. To further clarify I added "card-carrying" to the sentence.

I clarified the ZS Fleet rules to you in my email. I then ALSO explained how long the membership takes:

Quote:
As it states on the application, it takes 6-8 weeks to process. If
you have any questions, drop an email to membership@zombiehunters.org

You then proceed to call us a scam. I really don't think this is going to work out. I'm going to email our accountant to issue you a refund.

If you have any further questions, please email me at kyle@zombiehunters.org or send me a Private Message. I don't want to continue this discussion in this thread and derail it any further.

This goes for everyone else as well. Let's please take any questions about membership to "Ask ZS" and out of this ZS Fleet thread.

Thanks!

For those of you with patience, we appreciate your support. We are working on improving the process and speed up the membership activation.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:01 pm 

crypto wrote:
Uh, no. Active means dues-paying here, just like it does in any other dues-paying organization.

I'm on a few other boards, like this one and many have a rule about being active and , that being differant then supporting. As they use both on here, if they mean the same thing, it would be nice if that was clearer OR just use one term, not two, if as you say, interchangeably.

And, I never said or called this or you a scam, THAT's an outright lie and that needs to be clear and in public, as you say I said that and never have. I have said I wondered if it MIGHT be and if I read *EleviN* post right, he was WONDERING the same thing, so I'm not alone there.

FYI... Federal Reserve Notes are NOT money, dollars or real currency, they ARE Fiat Notes or Currency, with no value except what the Fed says, So I now call them Federal Reserve Fiat Notes. Better to call things as they really are...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:16 pm 

Biggin wrote:
CaptainRW....

I paid for my membership back on August 12th. I made one or two posts in a thread designated for membership questions. I was answered the same day.

Have I bitched about it? No.
Am I being an impatient child? No.
Am I waiting patiently? Yes.
Do I realize how much work goes into maintaining this organization? No.
Would I ever try to run this organization? No... I see what they have to deal with just on the forums, I can't imagine what it is like outside of the forums.

When you applied for your membership, how long did the form say it would be to process your membership? My guess is.... 6-8 weeks. By my calculations, you haven't even waited a month. How about you sit back, sip on some honey, and just wait patiently like everyone else? Thank Kyle for running such and awesome site that we can all come and talk about preparedness without dealing with the regular bullshit that goes with most forums.

Am I bitching, no, I don't feel I am, asking and wondering, heck ya...
Being impatient, yes many I am. I like the group and want to be a part of it, as I have the time to donate to it...
Do I realize the work THIS group takes, no, tho I had hoped to, before being denied membership and given a refund for asking to many questions and wondering a bit much, I guess...
Have I ever run an organization, yes for 15 years, I did and communication was a big key, and to always under "promise" and over deliver. IF I felt it would be 4 weeks I'd tell then 8, so I had a built in margin for error.

I posted here, as *EleviN* seemed to have the same issues I was. Sorry being enthusiastic about being a member here is seen as impatient and called childish. I did feel this was a group of adults that could talk civilly and not name call and belittle someone. Even thought it was against the rules to name call, ie flame, but maybe I misread that part of the rules.
From what I remember about signing up and paying was just that the physical card took 6-8 weeks to arrive, not that any/all membership benefits took that long

FYI... Federal Reserve Notes are NOT money, dollars or real currency, they ARE Fiat Notes or Currency, with no value except what the Fed says, So I now call them Federal Reserve Fiat Notes. Better to call things as they really are...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:21 pm 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Kyle wrote:
If you have any further questions, please email me at kyle@zombiehunters.org or send me a Private Message. I don't want to continue this discussion in this thread and derail it any further.

This goes for everyone else as well. Let's please take any questions about membership to "Ask ZS" and out of this ZS Fleet thread.

This isn't a suggestion, CaptainRW.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:05 pm 

kyle wrote:
Kyle wrote:

BUT when I ask in PM, you seem to say shut up, a completely differant "face" them the public persona you put on.
I'm sure you'll delete this post, I guess because it shows a seemingly two faced person, one public and a differant private one. Why is that Kyle? Guess you'll cancel all posting privileges, tho if you do, it might show I was right to be concerned.
RE: Message subject: Re: Join the ZS fleet! (See Post 1 For Instructions)
Sent: 28 Sep 2010, 13:30
To: CaptainRW

Yes, you have been denied membership.

I'm considering this closed.

If you want to continue to to use our free discussion forum service I would recommend that you drop it and move on.

CaptainRW wrote:
I sent you an email to kyle@zombiehunters.org. Is that better or are IM's here better?

RE: So am I to take it from the refund I have been denied membership or?? I do want to join and be an active or supporting, or is it active supporting member. The terms seem to be interchangeable and that can be confusing. Please let me know, so I know how to proceed. I do feel I can add and help you group a lot, specially over the winter as I have a lot of time free.
CaptainRW

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:11 pm 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

CaptainRW wrote:
kyle wrote:
Kyle wrote:

BUT when I ask in PM, you seem to say shut up, a completely differant "face" them the public persona you put on.
I'm sure you'll delete this post, I guess because it shows a seemingly two faced person, one public and a differant private one. Why is that Kyle? Guess you'll cancel all posting privileges, tho if you do, it might show I was right to be concerned.
RE: Message subject: Re: Join the ZS fleet! (See Post 1 For Instructions)
Sent: 28 Sep 2010, 13:30
To: CaptainRW

Yes, you have been denied membership.

I'm considering this closed.

If you want to continue to to use our free discussion forum service I would recommend that you drop it and move on.

CaptainRW wrote:
I sent you an email to kyle@zombiehunters.org. Is that better or are IM's here better?

RE: So am I to take it from the refund I have been denied membership or?? I do want to join and be an active or supporting, or is it active supporting member. The terms seem to be interchangeable and that can be confusing. Please let me know, so I know how to proceed. I do feel I can add and help you group a lot, specially over the winter as I have a lot of time free.
CaptainRW

The face is the same. You would get the same answer publicly as well, which you will get now. I was merely trying to not waste everyone else's time by making you complain to me privately.

You are now on probation. If you do not drop this, your account will be locked.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:31 am 

mithuth wrote:
I would expect a couple of grown men to have a little more patience. These things aren't instantaneous. What are you going to do in the PAW when we're back to the man on the horse mail service

Rather than randomly post a thread on a forum that sees 1000s of posts a day, try PMing one of the moderators for this forum.
Try anyone here:
memberlist.php?mode=group&g=240

Guess ill be shaving my zs fleet number into its ass :lol:

Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:40 pm 

Here is my M35a3 with the fleet number attached.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:26 pm 

I really like your m35a3. I havent bought one yet mostly because of the tons of spares i have for the A2 series around here. Sometime or another ill end up with one. Until then i guess ill keep driving my old ones.

Post subject: Re: ZS 0178
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:05 pm 

Nice m35a3 kilness that is buggin out & not having to worry.

I notified Gunny in the proper thread I wanted to transfer my ZS# to my newer vehicle...
I made some improvements upon ZS0178:
I still have to decide which ZS decal I want to go with...so I made my own for now.

I finally got my callsign license plates in the mail yesterday

I mounted a 2m magmount on rear for comms

for comm's I use a 706MKIIG that is interior dash mounted

I added 4” SS pipe extension looks good on the street but feel it would never survive off road

I added one of those SS- chrome Gas tank door covers

& the Bose speaker system is truly amazing…if you have the chance when getting a newer vehicle with it installed, it is worth it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:58 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Nice whip, aa1pr.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:14 am 

Seven2 wrote:
Nice whip, aa1pr.

That is only on there until I buy the Diamond door lip mount to get my dualbander back into action...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:20 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

kyle wrote:
we want a picture within 3 months of issuing the number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:03 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Ok,
I'm liking that stencil!
Good job

Seven2 wrote:
kyle wrote:
we want a picture within 3 months of issuing the number

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." -Benjamin Franklin

It's Not Zombies, but still good PAW! John Ringo's The Last Centurion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:05 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

the all new ZS0149, Fleet numbers have been ordered and on the way!

a 1999 F250 with a powerstroke

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:30 am 

thefirebuilds wrote:

Alas I have passed this Cherokee on to a new owner earlier in the year. Sitting at home today with my metro and its broken starter I admit I miss it but... do these numbers need to be "retired" from your roster?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:26 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

(cell phone camera, pic fuzzy)

95' yj "The Brick"

ImageImage Credit goes to Morbid_Mistress

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:53 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

very nice addition to the fleet Larmus!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:09 pm 

Bought a new car - 2011 Hyundai Accent 3-door.

Surprising truck space.

Honk and wave maniacally if you see the ZS fleet #.

:D

My BOB, FAK & Kid BOB

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:05 pm 

Updated pic.

Vicarious_Lee wrote:
I have boners in places I didn't even know I had dicks. :D :D :D

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:20 pm 

Got the cell phone, then spent an entire day figuring out how to move pictures.

Dusty's fleet number:

Edit - recovered photos

EtA: Scamp's fleet number:

Guess which vehicle the sign maker numbered and which one I did myself. :oops: :x

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:21 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Tater Raider wrote:
Got the cell phone, then spent an entire day figuring out how to move pictures.

Dusty's fleet number:

Edit - recovered photos

EtA: Scamp's fleet number:

Guess which vehicle the sign maker numbered and which one I did myself. :oops: :x

lol ummmm.... i dunno cant tell! ;)

I really wish we would have more people would get a fleet number, because not only are they showing support for the site, but it will help us ZS guys identify each other in a time of need, or a time of disaster.. PLUS it's really cool to see a buncha ZS fleet numbers in a parking lot during a meet and greet!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:42 am 

I'm such a slacker.. Here's ZS 214. Bit more than three months since I got the number. Had it on the truck within a couple of weeks, though. At first when I did this I had a Z mounted inside the glass so that it looked more like the ZS logo.. sadly, it looked like crap due to the differing textures between the "show" side and the side with the adhesive. And I want to get it redone, maybe a professional sticker, because straight lines and I apparently don't see eye to eye. :lol:

Just ignore the PPCC sticker.. I still need to scrape that off, leftovers from PO. And also note the hood up and the battery charging. Hopefully a sight that will not occur as often with the new solenoid.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:07 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

hey chris if you need a great decal guy that is quick and reasonably priced and will do whatever you need for the decal, PM me. He does all my vinyl work.

Here is an example of his work. this was from my old BOV. it is "frosted" vinyl, meaning it makes the glass look etched

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next