Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Discussions about the devices that supply a means for movement of people and goods.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Hanzo

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by Hanzo » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:13 pm

So do you think my aftermarket parts should be covered? I have already when through NADA and Kelly Blue Book to get the value. I also found 4 Cruiser in my area that correspond to the value assigned by these two sites. So hopefully I will be able to work something out with them more in line to actual value of my Cruiser. Thanks for the help Paladin!
-Okonkwo stood looking at the dead man. He knew that Umuofia would not go to war. He knew because they had let the other messengers escape. They had broken into tumult instead of action. He discerned fright in that tumult. He heard voices asking: 'Why did he do it?'
Chinua Achebe

Paladin1

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by Paladin1 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:21 am

In my experience insurance companies do not take any modifications or aftermarket parts into consideration. But I'm not an insurance professional :D

You could use it as a rebuttal point, as in "I made a substantial investment in parts to make the vehicle safer, which adds to the value and the replacement cost" or some such line.

I would make the effort to recover those parts if feasible. With the prices of LC parts it might even make sense to buy it back with a salvage title. If you want another LC, you could pull parts off it for spares, including any aftermarket ones you have on there. Then sell off whatever is left and then scrap the hulk.
WWSD?

Return to “Transportation”