A newly-build classic Ford Bronco?

Discussions about the devices that supply a means for movement of people and goods.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

absinthe beginner
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

A newly-build classic Ford Bronco?

Post by absinthe beginner » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:34 pm

I wants me one, but $120,000 - 180,000 seems a bit pricey.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/brand-new- ... ow-on-sale

https://www.gatewaybronco.com

In about a year you’ll be able to buy a new Ford Bronco that’s inspired by the original. But if you can’t wait that long, you can by an original Bronco that’s brand new right now.

Gateway Bronco of Hamel, Ill., which started out as a restoration shop specializing in the classic SUVs just over two years ago, has been granted the first license from Ford to build ground-up recreations of the 1966 to 1977-era Bronco.

This allows it to manufacture vehicles with all-new frames and bodies and sell them with Ford Bronco branding, although you’ll find that they are a little different from the classics under the skin.

As it does with its resto-mods, which it will continue to sell, Gateway updates the suspensions, brakes and engines, using either a 347 cubic-inch “stroker” V8 or a 5.0-liter Coyote from the current F-150.

Several models are offered that run from the $95,000 Fuelie to the $180,000 Modern Day Warrior, which is equipped with the six-speed transmission and rear suspension from a Ford F-150 Raptor.

Stercutus

Re: A newly-build classic Ford Bronco?

Post by Stercutus » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:48 am

I'm saving my pennies for the "new" Jeep Pick-up coming out next year.

I hear I am going to need a lot of pennies. Gotta love car companies always coming up with to pull that cash out of your wallet.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Return to “Transportation”