"THE BUMBLE" My jeep build thread.

Discussions about the devices that supply a means for movement of people and goods.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

grand94jeep
Favorite Zombie Movies: All Zombie movies. Even the bad ones

Re: "THE BUMBLE" Build. project slow go. My jeep build threa

Post by grand94jeep » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:27 pm

mmm.. I just love that new 33" BFG smell. :P

I got 4 almost new (maybe 500mi) BFG A/T's tonight. They still had nipples on them. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Did you ever get your new tires?
Last edited by grand94jeep on Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
,=====o00o _
//___l__,\____\,__
l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
(o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
~Ronald Reagan~

Oneswunk
Favorite Zombie Movies: Well, your mum rang about you going round tomorrow night, and then Liz rang about the two of you eating out tonight, and then your mum rang back to see if I wanted to eat her out tonight.

Post by Oneswunk » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:38 pm

Nice score!

Nope. Im still running some shot BFG MTs still, tire options got shot in the dick when I got laid off last week. So my buddys hooking me up with some decent condition Procomp MTs to get me through the winter maybe longer depending on how nice they are and how hard I am on them.

Best thing about a good tight Jeep club. Helping each other out when we need it. Hes about a hour and a half away so I just need to get my ass up there and grab them and buy him a couple cold ones at so nice little joint by him.

Probably trim a little more before I mount them. Im running 285 75 R16 and the procomps are a little bigger can't recall what size at the moment, but nothing the grinder, more paint and getting my coils in won't fix.

Should be set at a even 4.5 all around by september. 8-)
Last edited by Oneswunk on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KEEPER OF THE MEATWORLD SPICEWEASEL.
JoergS wrote:The power of 30 English longbowmen, at your fingertips... sweet.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:I have boners in places I didn't even know I had dicks. :D :D :D

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

grand94jeep
Favorite Zombie Movies: All Zombie movies. Even the bad ones

Post by grand94jeep » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:30 pm

Oh that sucks. I forgot you just got laid off. :( Hopefully things will pick back up for you. :)

I've got to either do some trimming on my ZJ, or lift it more + trim. After 10 years of wheeling, my original lift springs have had it. I've got to get new rears. I just got new fronts a while back. Once I put them on, I realized how bad the back was sagging.

I swear, this Jeep shit never ends. :roll: lol
,=====o00o _
//___l__,\____\,__
l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
(o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
~Ronald Reagan~

Tater Raider

Post by Tater Raider » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:16 am

grand94jeep wrote:I swear, this Jeep shit never ends. :roll: lol
You want it to end? :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oneswunk
Favorite Zombie Movies: Well, your mum rang about you going round tomorrow night, and then Liz rang about the two of you eating out tonight, and then your mum rang back to see if I wanted to eat her out tonight.

Post by Oneswunk » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:04 pm

Battery a little over a year old not holding charge, much love to churches auto. Brought it in with no proof of sale they swaped it out no questions asked.
Yay, new battery.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:I have boners in places I didn't even know I had dicks. :D :D :D

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

Tater Raider

Post by Tater Raider » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:43 pm

Awesome, Oneswunk. I'm adding Churches to my list of decent auto folk.

Oneswunk

Post by Oneswunk » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:19 pm

There not always the best with pricing but there parts guys tend to be better then other places.

Im thinking but not 100% that the battery crapped out due to all the rain we have been having lately. Everything else in the charging system tested fine. Im going too be going through all the electrical plug and connections that may see moisture tomorrow and re grease everything. Also thinking about upgrading to a better alt when I start working again.

I also want a snorkel, but to run one right theres a ton of other work to be done.

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

Oneswunk

Post by Oneswunk » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:31 pm

Checking out darby after the storm.

Watching people fight over trashed beer.

No storm wheeling for me. Both my local spots were well under water.

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

JoeTosco

Post by JoeTosco » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:29 am

Wow, a lot of debris.
Andre Miranda

Just a guy who likes Guns, Bows, Blades, Tactical Gear, aircooled VW's, and girls.

My bowie
My small utility knife
My sharp finger knife
My longbow

Oneswunk

Re: "THE BUMBLE" My jeep build thread. (Temporarily OSS)

Post by Oneswunk » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:37 pm

OSS fuel pump finley took a shit.

But I got my heat fixed :lol:

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

Tater Raider

Post by Tater Raider » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:57 pm

Oneswunk

Post by Oneswunk » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:06 pm

After further playing around and discussion with my jeep crew. Im thinking CPS or pump. I may hook up some lights and fuck with it more tonight or just wait til tomorrow.

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

Oneswunk

Post by Oneswunk » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:34 pm

Got the old cps out all from the bottom(no six miles of extensions from the top bullshit) just unhooked the front drive shaft from the diff, bungeed it out of the way and took the bolts out with a little ratchet.

Now I just need to find a shop that has the one in stock they say on the phone they have in stock.

Rant
Hay asshole how about when you tell a customer on the phone you have something in stock tell them after you actually walked your stupid ass in the back and put your greasey dick beaters on one.
3 fucking shops!
/rant

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

Tater Raider

Post by Tater Raider » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:23 pm

Or, yanno, say, "The computer shows we have one. Let me double check. Please hold."

I can put up with hella bad music for a long time if I know they are actually doing something.

Ax-Man

Post by Ax-Man » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:05 pm

Got the same prob with mine, haven't got around to looking at it yet. I like your idea of putting in a switch, I think I 'm just guna do that.
Oneswunk wrote:So started overheating again turns out fan doesn't want to turn on time to time so it randomly overheats.

Think relay so I jump it and fan works fine.

If you ever need to constant on your fan its this one..

Go get new relay, replace it, let It get to temp still no fan.

Fuck it time to run a switch.

Wired it up ran wires out top of box.
Along the wiring harness...

To switch....

Switch in dash...

Blamo get in turn on fan and that bitch stays on. Jeeps running about 10° cooler and even seems to be running better.

Simple easy fix I have been wanting to do for a wile.
Live to train, train to live.

The Great PAW Library Project.

Oneswunk

Post by Oneswunk » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:17 pm

Check out Naxja or pirate, theres a couple write ups on better ways to wire it, im going to be rendoing mine soon as I get the pig back on the road.

If your fan is not going on replace the relay, temp sensor and test the fan first. Before trying goofy wiring shit like me.

Update, got new cps put in, tomorrow after work must give the battery a little charge and put the front driveshaft back in and I should be back in service.

Fuck I miss my heep. :gonk:

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

Ax-Man

Post by Ax-Man » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:48 pm

Oneswunk wrote:Check out Naxja or pirate, theres a couple write ups on better ways to wire it, im going to be rendoing mine soon as I get the pig back on the road.

If your fan is not going on replace the relay, temp sensor and test the fan first. Before trying goofy wiring shit like me.

Update, got new cps put in, tomorrow after work must give the battery a little charge and put the front driveshaft back in and I should be back in service.

Fuck I miss my heep. :gonk:
Thanks man, I'll do that.

Did my CPS last year, actually took quite a while to figure out the problem...

Oneswunk

Post by Oneswunk » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:02 pm

You go in from the top or bottom? I found dropping the front drive shaft and strapping it out of the way made getting to the two cps bolts a ton easier from the bottom.

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

Ax-Man

Post by Ax-Man » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:44 am

Oneswunk wrote:You go in from the top or bottom? I found dropping the front drive shaft and strapping it out of the way made getting to the two cps bolts a ton easier from the bottom.
Yup, basically did it the same way as you. Honestly it wasn't a much of a PITA as I anticipated.

Oneswunk

Re: "THE BUMBLE" My jeep build thread.

Post by Oneswunk » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:27 pm

Ya it was much easier then most of the shit I read made it sound.

O been back in service a couple days sorry forgot to update thread. Next up tires.

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

Midwest_Rogue

Post by Midwest_Rogue » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:39 am

I have a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee and there is a ton wrong with it it seems. The worst has been the electrical issue where the lights would come on and stay on on the iside. For now I just took the bulbs out as I am not a gear head and have no idea what I am doing.Just changed the rotors and brakes and had to replace a sway bar link. Next up is the catalytic converter as that has shit out on me.

Seeing what you've done with your Jeep has made me really think what I want to do with mine. It's my everyday vehicle so doing things with it may take a bit of time. Yours looks awesome and you done a great job with it.
"When you start to become who you are, the first thing you learn is that there is nothing to fear."

Tater Raider

Post by Tater Raider » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:47 am

Ooo... tires! One of the upgrades everyone wants to know about!

You going with Radials or Bias Ply?

rrc
Favorite Zombie Movies: Pretty much all of them...

Post by rrc » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:41 pm

Ones,

I like what you've done to the jeep. I'm a parts guy in the DelCo area and I have a suggestion for an aftermarket guy to use. They do great work... With Jeeps especially. A older co-worker of mine has been using them for like 20 or so years. Would definitely like to go for a spin in that bad-boy as well.

As for tires... Choosing the right tire to match a jeep is kinda tough. If you let me know the size I can speak with the guy I work with who is a genius with matching tires. Any help I can be, just let me know.

RRC
People ask me "How can you be so in to this 'prepping' thing?" My only response is "When SHTF, maybe you'll understand why..."

Oneswunk

Post by Oneswunk » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Rouge, not much I can help with electrical other then what I recommended in ct. Sorry I suck with wires. :gonk:

Tr, im back on the lookout for tires. The deal on the procomps fell through wile the jeep was oos.

Rcc, ill have to stop by some time. What shop you working at ? I think im still having problems with my crankshaft position sensor, possibility got a bad replacement. So imma gonna need one.

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

Return to “Transportation”