Saturn VUE?

Discussions about the devices that supply a means for movement of people and goods.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Bear_B

Saturn VUE?

Post by Bear_B » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:36 pm

Anyone got any input on this particular SUV?

Ive owned one saturn car in my life, and my wife's family abused the hell out of it, so with the few issues it had I cant say that it was the cars fault.

in 2 years they put 45000 miles on it. they ran it out of oil. they drove it like it was a rental car. her sister drove it constantly at speeds exceeding 100 mph.

the only probem it had is when the alternator broke... and once the belt tension wheel broke... both minor repairs.

her whole family was a bunch of cheap fucks... never drove their own cars cuz none of them had ac.

they always took the car when it was full of gas.. brought it back empty.

her sister blew a tire and then didnt even both to replace it... .and she blew it driving over crap in the road she KNEW was there...

(((of course this was all before we got married and I put a stop to it immediately)))

Her family never liked me much after that... they thought I was mean. they (her dad and two sisters) drove it a LOT more than my ex did and they never helped her make a payment... never gased it up... never got an oil change... never checked the fluids... and ... oops... sorry... im getting off my own topic here.

the point is that the car held up well for the abuse it was put through... so I am considering a VUE, but since saturn in fairly new in the suv market I wanted to see if any one had one and can give me a "range report" on it.

DevastatorIIC

Post by DevastatorIIC » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:59 am

I think it looks sweet. I've never heard anything but laud reviews about Saturns. My dad had a Saturn hat (don't ask...), and everyone always asked him if he worked for them, and that they really liked their saturns, hah.

Car and Driver gave it a definite meh ("it’s worth a test drive"), but it comes in V6 manual AWD, which are three definite plusses in my book ;)

$24,890 with those three things, and city/hwy mpg 19/25, pretty mediocre for a smaller SUV. I just drove 336 miles today in my '05 Explorer, and got 22 MPG.
I've got somethin' and it goes thumpin' like this
All you need is my uhn tiss uhn tiss uhn tiss

CaptainZ

Post by CaptainZ » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:34 pm

I say you cant go wrong with Jeep or Toyota. Nothing against saturn, but I doubt their 4x4 capabilities could match that of Jeep or Toyota. Plus if your into aftermarket additions such as lift kits and what not, I bet you would be hard pressed to find anything for saturn. I currently drive a 2001 Grand Cherokee 4x4. I love it. Good luck in your quest for a new vehicle.
Zombies man.....They creep Me out. - Dennis Hopper Land Of The Dead

Return to “Transportation”