New BOV

Discussions about the devices that supply a means for movement of people and goods.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

roOism
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

New BOV

Post by roOism » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:42 pm

Not exactly a grey man color (though now that I have it I see red suv’s & trucks everywhere), but it was a barely used government vehicle with 15k miles that I got for a song. It didn’t have the third row, so nobody wanted to buy it, but I didn’t need 3rd row seating so it’s perfect for my use.

It’s got plenty of range to get my family and plenty of gear to our family rendezvous location a few hundred miles away.

It has a decent sized cargo area under a latching lid right behind the second row, plenty of room for some emergency gear, though I’d like to rig up some sort of locking mechanism for it to keep things more secure.

Anyhoo, this is the first time in 5 years we’ve had a vehicle that could handle itself in rough conditions, my crappy Pontiac G6 is ready to give up the ghost any time, so we came upon this at a fortunate time. I also haven’t had a chance to camp or so much anything outdoors in 5 years, so hopefully this will allow us to get back in the game.
"Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must." - Goethe

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: New BOV

Post by NT2C » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:54 pm

Congrats on both the new (to you) BOV and on the color! I'm a firm believer that vehicles should not blend into bad weather (wet pavement, fog, snow, etc).
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:30 pm

It's perfect. The zombie blood and Nork paratrooper Gore will blend with the paint color :wink:
Last edited by flybynight on Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

boskone

Post by boskone » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:13 pm

NT2C wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:54 pm
Congrats on both the new (to you) BOV and on the color! I'm a firm believer that vehicles should not blend into bad weather (wet pavement, fog, snow, etc).
So I guess you like Ford's new "Saber" color? That ain't blending into anything.

(Actually, despite my usual--and to my artist mother's disgust--preference for grey, I like the color.)

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:28 pm

boskone wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:13 pm
NT2C wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:54 pm
So I guess you like Ford's new "Saber" color? That ain't blending into anything.

(Actually, despite my usual--and to my artist mother's disgust--preference for grey, I like the color.)
It's not bad but I like the "Hot Pepper Red" better. :mrgreen:

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later

Post by Beowolf » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:18 pm

Very nice! Definitely looks like it will get the job done.
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:34 pm

It's about as grayman as it gets. Take care of it and it will run well for decades.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

roOism

Post by roOism » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:43 pm

Thanks guys, it’s an interesting phenomenon that when you buy a vehicle you start seeing vehicles like it all over the place. Since I’ve been driving it I see big red SUV’s all over the place, which I never gave a second thought to before.

Took it on a drive up a nearby canyon yesterday that had some steep winding switchbacks with loose gravel and rugs galore and it handled it all like a dream.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:42 pm

roOism wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:43 pm
Thanks guys, it’s an interesting phenomenon that when you buy a vehicle you start seeing vehicles like it all over the place. Since I’ve been driving it I see big red SUV’s all over the place, which I never gave a second thought to before.

Took it on a drive up a nearby canyon yesterday that had some steep winding switchbacks with loose gravel and rugs galore and it handled it all like a dream.
When's the open season on those? I'd like to get one for my living room. :mrgreen:

boskone

Post by boskone » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:49 pm

NT2C wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:42 pm
roOism wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:43 pm

When's the open season on those? I'd like to get one for my living room. :mrgreen:
They're always in season, and you can even buy the tags afterward.

roOism

Post by roOism » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:45 pm

Haha whoops, ruts.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:09 pm

Congrats! I might be looking for a new-to-me BOV here.

Return to “Transportation”