Sometimes it's not just utility

Discussions about the devices that supply a means for movement of people and goods.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

SRO1911

Sometimes it's not just utility

Post by SRO1911 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:56 pm

Just became the proud owner of a 2012 xl1200c.
It's not an all terrain beast or super efficient wasteland ghost - it is however a significant step in therapeutic release.
Mental health now just means being better equipped in the paw right?
Midnight blue, p.o. was going with a punisher motif, so lots more chrome than I would prefer but some deals can not be passed up.

Murgatroy

Re: Sometimes it's not just utility

Post by Murgatroy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:11 pm

I have a `16 XL883N. I hear you.
Yoda for President

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:18 am

Congrats! Hey, wasteland beast or not, motorcycles for the paw are always a great choice.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

SRO1911

Post by SRO1911 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:19 am

So, for a cruiser - the 72 handles pretty well off road. Hadn't planned to test it but an opportunity presented itself - as in the county rd i was on was blocked and instead of being smart and turning around I hooked it hard and held on tight. A mile of rail road right of way took me to the road I needed to be on.

I would not suggest leisure riding breaking trails- but its doable in a pinch.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:47 pm

I wonder if different tires would help? I know you probably can’t get off road tires but for a cruiser something other than road slicks would greatly improve trail/dirt riding.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Return to “Transportation”