Simplify 4x4 for BOV?

Discussions about the devices that supply a means for movement of people and goods.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

ZombieSoldier01
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Simplify 4x4 for BOV?

Post by ZombieSoldier01 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:53 pm

ford bronco, one of the last cheap good 4x4's to be had. even, their prices are starting to go up
2008 F-250 6.4 Powerstroke -Zombie Squad fleet number ZS0149
Owner of Zombie Diesel Performance
"Zombies... Coming to eat a friend near you.."

grennels

Post by grennels » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:20 am

The Twizzler wrote:Those little Suzuki Samurais are pretty bare bones, cheap, have a lot of aftermarket support, and are supposedly pretty good offroad.

Image Image

The last pic is a Chevy Tracker.
Shot 'em, now I'm gonna hang 'em, then I'm gonna burn 'em!
Damn Zombies. Can't ever be too dead to suit me.

- with apologies to Larry McMurtry

50 Mission Cap

Post by 50 Mission Cap » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:02 am

Chevy/Geo Tracker was a re-badged Suzuki very similar to the Samurai.

And I don't know about Twizzler's AO, but Samurai's are stupid expensive around here. Nearly unobtainable. Typically guys pull the 50 horsepower gas motor and put in a vintage VW diesel.

velojym
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido

Post by velojym » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:54 pm

I've long thought the Zukes would be a great idea for a minimalistic 4x4, but yeah... lots of others got the same idea, and prices reflect that. Drat!

If I'm gonna make it a project "toy", then I may want to move back in time a little, when compact trucks really were compact. A simple first gen s10, ranger, toyota... whatever. So long as it hasn't ramped up 'collector' value yet, or become a darling of the offroad crowd.
If 2wd, not quite as good as 4x4 in some circumstances, but I know my way around tire chains, and a locking diff can go a long way if you know what you're doing. Also mechanically much simpler.
Wouldn't it be great if all wars could be fought just by the assholes who started them?
-The Postman

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:20 pm

velojym wrote:I've long thought the Zukes would be a great idea for a minimalistic 4x4, but yeah... lots of others got the same idea, and prices reflect that. Drat!

If I'm gonna make it a project "toy", then I may want to move back in time a little, when compact trucks really were compact. A simple first gen s10, ranger, toyota... whatever. So long as it hasn't ramped up 'collector' value yet, or become a darling of the offroad crowd.
If 2wd, not quite as good as 4x4 in some circumstances, but I know my way around tire chains, and a locking diff can go a long way if you know what you're doing. Also mechanically much simpler.
Old s10 would be a great option. In my area they are stupid cheap unless someone has already turned it into a dragster. But easy to work on and parts everywhere... Plus 350 swap is basically madatory
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Return to “Transportation”