It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: chevrolet k5 vs blazer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:37 am 

Hello I came to steal a little time because I am very complicated with a decision, I was proposed to change my blazer chevrolet k5 with new engine v8 350, for a chevrolet tahoe lt coupé in very good condition
I'm giving the truck a very soft use, a bit of road and a bit of earth , my big problem with the K5 is that it has small wheels and a very slow gearbox, besides the k5 mia is very simple, what I see The good thing about the tahoe is that it brings big wheels and a much better gearbox and a beautiful luxury
My big question is if I should change my k5 for tahoe, I would like to know that they recommend me, and what differences have these 2 vans, if you have better ride the tahoe and If it is resistant and if it will generate me some future problem.

It would be very helpful to help me with this decision.
Message sent from argentina

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:30 pm 

tavi10 wrote:
Hello I came to steal a little time because I am very complicated with a decision, I was proposed to change my blazer chevrolet k5 with new engine v8 350, for a chevrolet tahoe lt coupé in very good condition
I'm giving the truck a very soft use, a bit of road and a bit of earth , my big problem with the K5 is that it has small wheels and a very slow gearbox, besides the k5 mia is very simple, what I see The good thing about the tahoe is that it brings big wheels and a much better gearbox and a beautiful luxury
My big question is if I should change my k5 for tahoe, I would like to know that they recommend me, and what differences have these 2 vans, if you have better ride the tahoe and If it is resistant and if it will generate me some future problem.

It would be very helpful to help me with this decision.
Message sent from argentina

What year K5? the nice thing about a K5 is you can get it to keep running with some tape and bubble gum. The 350 motor is one of the best engines of all times (I'm a Ford guy so that's saying something). The Tahoe is a good vehicle but it's newer. If it breaks it will cost you more to fix. It does have the luxury you describe especially over a K5. However you'd be hard pressed to find a better vehicle than a K5 for doing offroad stuff. However if you're just looking to light trail work then a Tahoe should be just fine.

Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:46 pm 

Thank you very much for responding, the k5 is 1986 model and the tahoe 1997, it is as you decide the k5 is an offroad and the tahoe is more luxury and to travel, I use the q I am going to give me more tahoe Q spend much less, is more luxurious and more comfortable
The big problem of my k5 that having small wheels consumes me 15l to 120km

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:02 pm 

tavi10 wrote:
Thank you very much for responding, the k5 is 1986 model and the tahoe 1997, it is as you decide the k5 is an offroad and the tahoe is more luxury and to travel, I use the q I am going to give me more tahoe Q spend much less, is more luxurious and more comfortable

I don't think the tires are the problem. Most likely the 350, and the gearing of the gearbox are your issue. The K5's weren't meant to go fast, they were built for offroad and have a gearbox that goes low and slow. You'll definitely get you better mileage with the Tahoe.

Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:38 pm 

Halfapint wrote:
tavi10 wrote:

I don't think the tires are the problem. Most likely the 350, and the gearing of the gearbox are your issue. The K5's weren't meant to go fast, they were built for offroad and have a gearbox that goes low and slow. You'll definitely get you better mileage with the Tahoe.

Well actually... changing the size of the wheel in net effect changes the gear ratio.

The questions are:
How much?
Is it worth it?

He will have to do the math to work that out.

Larger tires also tend to have a more aggressive tread increasing rolling resistance. Having a bigger tire with a more aggressive tread probably won't have much of a positive effect. Often times just ensuring the tires are properly inflated will ensure improve gas mileage.

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:53 pm 

The truth is that I will opt for the tahoe, because I need a vehicle for every day that moves comfortably and without spending as much, since the k5 is an offroad vehicle, and I am not giving that use, I think it is going to me To agree tahoe