Wow Steath bikes are upping their ad campaigning.

Discussions about the devices that supply a means for movement of people and goods.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Wow Steath bikes are upping their ad campaigning.

Post by ineffableone » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:41 am

I have been pretty impressed with Stealth's recent ads, but this one really is a mini movie. Mini ZPAW movie.

"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Paladin1

Re: Wow Steath bikes are upping their ad campaigning.

Post by Paladin1 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:40 am

Wow, that was great!

I have been looking at things like the Motoped, electric bikes, etc. Several issues always pop up. First is cost, these things are just crazy expensive. Costing thousands of $$. And for that you get a 35mile range? (give or take, there are many models, and variables). And then the weight of some are 125lbs. Making pedaling with any kind of load or rough terrain a very short term proposition.

I love the possibilities, but don't think they are there yet, in terms of cost/performance ROI.

What I have been thinking about is a combination electric/gas motor/pedal hybrid. Small motor, maybe 80cc-100cc, driving the rear wheel. And an electric hub for the front. Built on a standard/slightly modified Hybrid bike frame.

Then you could use the gas motor, or the electric, or both for a two wheeled drive bike. Or pedal. I looked at weights and I think you could come in under 90lbs.

Just what I need, another project :lol:
WWSD?

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:05 am

Paladin1 wrote:Wow, that was great!

I have been looking at things like the Motoped, electric bikes, etc. Several issues always pop up. First is cost, these things are just crazy expensive. Costing thousands of $$. And for that you get a 35mile range? (give or take, there are many models, and variables). And then the weight of some are 125lbs. Making pedaling with any kind of load or rough terrain a very short term proposition.

I love the possibilities, but don't think they are there yet, in terms of cost/performance ROI.

What I have been thinking about is a combination electric/gas motor/pedal hybrid. Small motor, maybe 80cc-100cc, driving the rear wheel. And an electric hub for the front. Built on a standard/slightly modified Hybrid bike frame.

Then you could use the gas motor, or the electric, or both for a two wheeled drive bike. Or pedal. I looked at weights and I think you could come in under 90lbs.

Just what I need, another project :lol:
The commercial was neat, but ^This^.

The thing that kills it for me is the cost, the fact that the battery will need to be replaced after 600 charges (if you use it everyday it will not last 2 years) and that in the USA they will govern the speed down to 20MPH.

http://www.stealthelectricbikesusa.com/ ... -bike.html

The Bomber looks cool, with its 50 mile range and a top speed of 50MPH, but not for almost $10,000. You can get a brand new Dualsport motorcycle for under $8K or a scooter for under $6K. Heck you can even get a subcompact slightly used car for 10K.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=st ... s&tbm=shop

If it was say under $5K, it had a higher top speed in the US and replacement batteries where cheap, I would consider it.

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:39 am

Yep pricing is the big hurdle E bikes need to get over.

You can get E bikes for half the price but it means building them yourself. And that usually means you don't get the polished look either.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Return to “Transportation”