Turn yourToyota Echo into a cheap "RV"

Discussions about the devices that supply a means for movement of people and goods.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

TacAir

Turn yourToyota Echo into a cheap "RV"

Post by TacAir » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:09 pm

http://tinyhousetalk.com/toyota-echo-mi ... r-camping/

Interesting article that shows some thought for cheap road trips.

Could use some window shades tho.

More related auto campers here - http://tinyhousetalk.com/category/car-camping-2/
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

Rugger

Re: Turn yourToyota Echo into a cheap "RV"

Post by Rugger » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:34 am

That's pretty cool. The Echo was very inconspicuous, but on the link provided I really liked the Element. Seemed the most practical, albeit not as incognito.

My FJ is set up as a camper. Need to do a write-up. May have to start scheming on my corolla, too.
*WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological or emotional damage sustained by the reader is NOT the responsibility of the contributor.
Image Red Wire Rules!!

TacAir

Post by TacAir » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:38 am

Rugger wrote:That's pretty cool. The Echo was very inconspicuous, but on the link provided I really liked the Element. Seemed the most practical, albeit not as incognito.

My FJ is set up as a camper. Need to do a write-up. May have to start scheming on my corolla, too.
I'd love to se some photos.

When I traveled up the ALCAN with one of my sons, we camped in the back of the Suburban. COmplete with window shades. Great fun and saved up a ton of money, rooms were 250 USD + per night....
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:07 am

Rugger wrote:That's pretty cool. The Echo was very inconspicuous, but on the link provided I really liked the Element. Seemed the most practical, albeit not as incognito.

Do you have a link to the Element?? It is one of the vehicles I'm looking at as an incognito camper/light BOV.

I used to live out of my '89 Civic hatch when I was going to college. Made the read into a little bed (complete with inflatable twin mattress), a small 12v cooler that I hooked up to sit under the bed. I was working on a flip down DVD player when the car got totaled. Really miss that car, served me well doing the full time college/work thing for a while. It was fun I'd sleep in the school parking lot and my classmates would come knock to wake me up and I'd head into class. :clap:
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Rugger

Post by Rugger » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:39 am

*WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological or emotional damage sustained by the reader is NOT the responsibility of the contributor.
Image Red Wire Rules!!

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:35 am

Wow, that's pretty damn awesome! Don't know if I like it better then say a Toyota Tacoma with a canopy or not.... But I'd assume the Element might bet better MPG.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Nick Adams

Post by Nick Adams » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:19 pm

I have a Toyota Echo and I have been thinking about doing something like this. I also want to get a roof rack and basket so to able to carry stuff up there.
I love my echo, is the best car I have ever had, I get 40-42 MPG has plenty of pep and for a small car plenty of room with lots of storage spaces, the trunk is big. Mine has been an amazing car, I bought it about 4 years ago with 95,000 miles on it for $3,000. In the 4 years I put another 160,000 miles on it. Had no trouble at all, only thing I did was replace the plugs, replace the tires and change the oil around 7-8,000 miles. Finally a few weeks ago the one rear wheel bearing went bad, haven't had a chance to fix it yet
I really want to find another one.

Return to “Transportation”