A whole new(old) take on BOV 5th wheel

Discussions about the devices that supply a means for movement of people and goods.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

stickle
ZS Member
ZS Member

A whole new(old) take on BOV 5th wheel

Post by stickle » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:34 pm

Someone sent me this. Thought you guys would find it interesting. Could you do this with a jeep?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w0uRxqOxN8 ... 0uRxqOxN8U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BigKahunaFL
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: A whole new(old) take on BOV 5th wheel

Post by BigKahunaFL » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 am

I love it! I imagine you could do it with a Jeep. It would require a bit of pre-engineering and testing however.

Watch the video at about 1:20, while their driving down the highway. What the hell is all over the drivers door? :shock:

Vomit?

This may be giving us an answer regarding the stability of this thing! LOL :lol:

Hoipoloi

Post by Hoipoloi » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:05 am

BigKahunaFL wrote: Watch the video at about 1:20, while their driving down the highway. What the hell is all over the drivers door? :shock:
Those are the straps holding on the extension mirrors.

88sport
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland and 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by 88sport » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:20 am

You could, however, you would most likely have to rebuild the entire front end of a modern fifth wheel because of how they are designed for being hitched on into the bed of a pickup truck. I know I've seen some smaller fifth wheels that could possibly fit the bill of what you are wanting to do, and they are older so you can get them pretty cheaply and be able to do the modifications necessary without having no money to actually use the thing after you're done.
landser wrote:I can practicly hide my self in a contractor bag. fill it full of boughs and leaves you have a bed were it as a poncho. store a dead body in it. put all your gear out of the weather. combine two one with hole and you have a shelters fill it with news paper and you have an insulated shelter. carry water with it.
only here...

nathat

Post by nathat » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:58 pm

here you go, can add it to your original post.

Return to “Transportation”