Moab bought a '99 Jeep Wrangler TJ!

Discussions about the devices that supply a means for movement of people and goods.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

moab

Moab bought a '99 Jeep Wrangler TJ!

Post by moab » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:14 am

SO I got tired of my big Yukon XL. Sold it. And pondered another Suzuki Samurai from my youth. 20's that is. I had a Samurai and drove it all over the PNW, down thru Oregon and California, down into Baja Mexico. It cost me $1500.

Jump to 2018 and Suzuki Samurai's now sell for upwards of $6000-$10000. As they are a great alternative to those offroad 4 wheel drive carts. Whatever they're called. Damn I sound old. lol. And there stick. I just don't see myself, at this point in my life, driving another stick shift as my daily driver. And this is my BOV and my DD. And a lot of guys are using automatic transmissions offroad now.

So instead I bought a '99 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 6cyl automatic trans. It's in pretty rough shape. But we're getting there. It's got 139k miles and paid $6000 for it. Which believe it or not is a steal. Most of these go for around $10000. Jeeps hold a large premium over other aftermarket cars. I guess, well, because their Jeeps? I don't really know. But they more than hold their value.

1) First off we replaced all the control arms upper and lower. Rear main seal and oil pan gasket with Felpro gaskets. Next up on the list:

2) I'm jettisoning the '80's style rims. For 5 new tires and wheels. Eventually I'll go with some 30/9.5r15's on steel 15' black rims. Which run about $800-$900. But for now I picked up a brand new set of Jeep Wrangler JK wheels and tires. New take offs from someone that bought a new Jeep and replaced the wheels and tires. Cost me $200! For all 5. Brand new. And the tires are Goodyear radials. Not offroad tires. But for $200 this hit my budget on the lite side. Which was good. As I'd rather put my budget into other things first.

3) New Rancho RS5000X Shocks.

4) New khaki diamond color soft top. Haven't decided between the Sierra Offroad brand or Rampage.

5) New bed liner paint on all the FUGLY fender flares and front and rear bumpers. I was going to pay a bodyshop to do that. But I'm doing it myself hopefully tomorrow. I'll post some pics after I'm done.

6) Some used later model Jeep seats. In '03 they changed to nice squarer style like the modern Jeeps. Much better support and nicer seats. They bolt right in.

7) Work on spare tire, gas cans, shovel and axe storage on the rear bumper. And a winch bumper on the front.

8) A 2.5 inch Old Man Emu lift.

9) Losing the huge rock sliders. Those big round steel step bars on the side. Just to big and in the way. I don't need them to step into the jeep. So they just scrape your calf. And they are ugly as hell. Like 1980's ugly.

10) Putting down a layer of Second Skin sound deadener and Lubocrud sound and insulation material. Should bring the noise level down to an acceptable level. There really isn't any kind of sound deadening in a Jeep. Just a bare pan under the carpet. Which makes for a lot of noise. That and the soft top of course.

I did learn from this awesome site https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing that it originally came with full doors and a hard top. So I should have wiring and hose for the rear window wiper/washer. For when I put a hard top back on it. That site is amazing. You put your vin in and it tells you every single option that came on the car originally.

Security wise it's already set up pretty well. Security metal lock box in the rear gate. Security metal glove box (This one I don't like as it could still be easily crowbared. So I leave it unlocked. Like everything else when you have a soft top. Otherwise they'll just cut your soft top and get in anyway.) It also has locking hood latches. Which are a total pain in the ass. And ugly. I'm replacing them. And it has a removable faceplate stereo. (It also has the over head sound bar with speakers and a dome light.)

My biggest complaint in these early stages is ride quality and general cosmetics. Shocks and tire psi are what determine ride quality. So I reduced my tire pressure down to 26psi. What a difference! And the Rancho shocks are going to be worth their money as well. They're consistently reviewed as having the best ride quality on the street and offroad. Not the most aggressive shock. But this is my daily driver. And this is the best shock for it. As I'm running on what appear to be original or very old shocks. The general cosmetics issue for me is the fender flares and the bumpers. The bumpers aren't terrible. But it's gonna look like a new car once I get the fender flares done. Here's a pic of it with Armorall on the flares. Making them appear temporarily black.

So in the end I'm hoping it looks something like this. But with better bumpers and tire/gas can rack.

I'll keep this thread updated. As work progresses. Some of the advantages of this vehicle over my last is that it can fit thru traffic, is still 4 wheel drive but with far better agility and gets a little better gas mileage. Hopefully it will at least look like the pic above soon. Well not the tires and wheels. But you get the idea. That's where I'm headed with it. I really like the khaki diamond soft top color. Makes it look like it's on safari or something. And better camo than the other colors. And you know I'm all about that camo. lol. Talk to you guys soon.
Last edited by moab on Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

woodsghost

Re: Moab bought a '99 Jeep Wrangler TJ!

Post by woodsghost » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:43 am

Making me drool man. Nice job!
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

moab

Post by moab » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:27 pm

It's not done yet. But thanks for the kind words woodsghost.

If you have a 4 Wheel Parts near you I highly recommend their service dept. Very low prices. And excellent work. They keep their mechanics busy everyday. And you can buy just about any 4x4 part you need at a fair price. Best deal on repairs and upgrades in my area of Los Angeles.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:45 pm

Nice! A good thing about the Cali Jeeps are no rust like our Eastern Jeeps.

For tires, I recommend General Grabbers. My favorite daily driver TJ that my brother built had 32x11.50r15 BFGs and was stanced perfectly with a baby lift. Regardless, 30's on stock can look really nice with deep offset wheels.

If you are going with steel wheels, I've run 3.75" BS and it's aggressive. I wouldn't go more than that with an 8" thick wheel.

If you are replacing the coils, check out synergy progressive springs. My brother has worked with the guys and they are pretty awesome. https://www.synergymfg.com/

And please, don't get angry eyes. please.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JeeperCreeper » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:46 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:45 pm

For tires, I recommend General Grabbers. My favorite daily driver TJ that my brother built had 32x11.50r15 BFGs and was stanced perfectly with a baby lift. Regardless, 30's on stock can look really nice with deep offset wheels.

If you are going with steel wheels, I've run 3.75" BS and it's aggressive. I wouldn't go more than that with an 8" thick wheel.

If you are replacing the coils, check out synergy progressive springs. My brother has worked with the guys and they are pretty awesome. https://www.synergymfg.com/

Edit: Just reread your post again... OME makes great stuff too, but I've only used their leaf springs
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto

moab

Post by moab » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:12 pm

3.75 BS is exactly the size of the rims I'm looking at buying eventually. Will look a lot like the last pic. But not that much lift. Eventually a 2-2.5" lift. Probably OME. But I'll check those guys out. I need a light spring. I'm not off roading that much if at all. Logging roads and the like are about my speed. The rest is street driving as a DD.

Not sure I mentioned 4 Wheel Parts here. If I did, my apologies. It's been a long day. Their service department is insanely cheap and top quality mechanics. Check them out if there's one near you.

I didn't get the flares painted today. MAybe tomorrow or this weekend. To windy and I got a late start.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JeeperCreeper » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:16 pm

moab wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:12 pm
3.75 BS is exactly the size of the rims I'm looking at buying eventually. Will look a lot like the last pic. But not that much lift. Eventually a 2-2.5" lift. Probably OME. But I'll check those guys out. I need a light spring. I'm not off roading that much if at all. Logging roads and the like are about my speed. The rest is street driving as a DD.

Not sure I mentioned 4 Wheel Parts here. If I did, my apologies. It's been a long day. Their service department is insanely cheap and top quality mechanics. Check them out if there's one near you.

I didn't get the flares painted today. MAybe tomorrow or this weekend. To windy and I got a late start.
We have 4WD Hardware out this way, which was purchased by 4 Wheel Parts, if I remember. Out here, their service is mediocre, but they do have good tent sales every year.

Personally, I like Quadratec. It's PA based, which means I pay taxes even on online orders, but they ship faster than Amazon Prime and have the best customer service that I've found for online shopping.

moab

Post by moab » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:52 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:16 pm
moab wrote:

We have 4WD Hardware out this way, which was purchased by 4 Wheel Parts, if I remember. Out here, their service is mediocre, but they do have good tent sales every year.

Personally, I like Quadratec. It's PA based, which means I pay taxes even on online orders, but they ship faster than Amazon Prime and have the best customer service that I've found for online shopping.
I bought some stuff from Quadratec already. Great place. What Jeep do you have?

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JeeperCreeper » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:02 pm

moab wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:52 pm
JeeperCreeper wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:16 pm
moab wrote:

I bought some stuff from Quadratec already. Great place. What Jeep do you have?
I have an 01 XJ now, but had an 89 YJ from high school through the military/college. Brother has had 2 TJs, 1 XJ, and 1 ZJ. I also drove the ZJ extensively for maybe a year or two. Best friend had a TJ and now a JK. So basically, I've dabbled with all.

I know just enough to get myself in trouble.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:42 am

JeeperCreeper wrote:
This. 1,000x this.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:46 am

JeeperCreeper wrote:

For tires, I recommend General Grabbers.
I'll second the vote for the Grabbers, if we're talking the AT2 version. Damn things are near indestructible, unstoppable, and wear like iron. Got 70k+ out of the last set on the wife's Dakota 4x4 and I've never gotten stuck with them.
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

moab

Post by moab » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:15 am

NT2C wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:42 am
JeeperCreeper wrote:
This. 1,000x this.
I know. Those are the stupidest things ever. It just says "I'm a dumbass.".

I'll either go with those Grabbers. Or BFG's. Or I might go with Yokohamas. Yokohamas are highly rated for quiet on the road. And this is a DD. I'm also putting down a layer of Second Skin sound deadener too though. And some insulation. SO it might not matter. I like the look of more aggressive tires. But don't want the road noise. I have either BFG or Goodyears now. And they aren't bad. But you can feel the knobs hitting the pavement. And the side of my shock everytime I turn to far. This new set of stock tires I got off a new JK are sweet for the pavement though. Just radials. Not offroad. Not even sure their all terrain. But they will do for now. You can't beat a whole brand new set of wheels and tires for $200!

The only other issue I have is a P0743 code and a check engine light. It's an auto trans code. May just need a sensor or rebuilt. Kind of freaked out about it. As I had it inspected at the dealership before I bought it. And they showed no problem with the trans except it needed a fluid change. Thinking about going after the dealership for this. But haven't had it actually diagnosed yet at a tranny shop. Will do that next week. As everything is closed right now. Well my go to trans shop is anyway. No big grinding or noise. Just a surge for a half second after it shifts gears. There's also no down shift like a "passing gear". When you get on the freeway. It just stays in 3rd gear. It's a 3 speed automatic transmission. Really pisses me off after having it inspected first. I called the service guy who was no help. I may contact the dealership in writing.

moab

Post by moab » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:21 am

Wanna see something cool? Got to this site and put in your VIN https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing That site is amazing. You put your vin in and it tells you every single option that came on the car originally. Goes back to '98.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:28 pm

moab wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:21 am
Wanna see something cool? Got to this site and put in your VIN https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing That site is amazing. You put your vin in and it tells you every single option that came on the car originally. Goes back to '98.
There's phone apps that do the same thing, and can scan the VIN barcodes. :D

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:36 pm

moab wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:15 am
NT2C wrote:
JeeperCreeper wrote:
This. 1,000x this.

I'll either go with those Grabbers. Or BFG's. Or I might go with Yokohamas. Yokohamas are highly rated for quiet on the road. And this is a DD. I'm also putting down a layer of Second Skin sound deadener too though. And some insulation. SO it might not matter. I like the look of more aggressive tires. But don't want the road noise. I have either BFG or Goodyears now. And they aren't bad. But you can feel the knobs hitting the pavement. And the side of my shock everytime I turn to far. This new set of stock tires I got off a new JK are sweet for the pavement though. Just radials. Not offroad. Not even sure their all terrain. But they will do for now. You can't beat a whole brand new set of wheels and tires for $200!
The Grabbers aren't bad on pavement (when new they do sound a little like suction cups though) so far as noise. A little bit more than stock all seasons. They will cost you a little fuel economy though. We dropped ~2 MPG when I put the first set on but gladly trade that for the gain in traction on all surfaces. Those Goodyears you picked up, if they happen to be Wranglers they're a pretty good tire and the rubber compound used in the OEM Wranglers supplied to FCA is different than the compound in the ones they sell aftermarket in stores. Much better traction and wear with the OEM compound.

moab

Post by moab » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:18 pm

NT2C wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:36 pm
moab wrote:
NT2C wrote:
JeeperCreeper wrote:
This. 1,000x this.

The Grabbers aren't bad on pavement (when new they do sound a little like suction cups though) so far as noise. A little bit more than stock all seasons. They will cost you a little fuel economy though. We dropped ~2 MPG when I put the first set on but gladly trade that for the gain in traction on all surfaces. Those Goodyears you picked up, if they happen to be Wranglers they're a pretty good tire and the rubber compound used in the OEM Wranglers supplied to FCA is different than the compound in the ones they sell aftermarket in stores. Much better traction and wear with the OEM compound.
Ya. They are OEM Goodyear WRanglers off a new Jeep WRangler JK. Wheels too. I paid $200 for them. There are a lot of them on CL. Which is why the price is so good. I think no matter what vehicle I had if they fit I'd buy these again. It's like stupid dirt cheap. I was gonna drop $850 on rims and tires like in the last pic. But this way I can put that extra $650 into a new top, shocks and other stuff I want to get done. But I'll get the $850 set eventually.

I just hope this code for the tranny doesn't screw me. Hopefully it's just a sensor. But even then I don't know what it takes to replace a sensor.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:49 pm

moab wrote:
The only other issue I have is a P0743 code and a check engine light. It's an auto trans code. May just need a sensor or rebuilt. Kind of freaked out about it. As I had it inspected at the dealership before I bought it. And they showed no problem with the trans except it needed a fluid change. Thinking about going after the dealership for this. But haven't had it actually diagnosed yet at a tranny shop. Will do that next week. As everything is closed right now. Well my go to trans shop is anyway. No big grinding or noise. Just a surge for a half second after it shifts gears. There's also no down shift like a "passing gear". When you get on the freeway. It just stays in 3rd gear. It's a 3 speed automatic transmission. Really pisses me off after having it inspected first. I called the service guy who was no help. I may contact the dealership in writing.
Bad TCC solenoid. They can be a little pricey to replace, but nowhere near "rebuild" price if that's all it is. Not 100% sure if the tranny has to be dropped for it (a few years past when I quit the automotive repair biz) but it should be on the valve body. How's the fluid smell? Low fluid, failing TCC solenoid and a burned smell would indicate to me it's rebuild time, and that would include a torque converter. It all depends on how long it was driven with that TCC failing and low fluid. Real easy to kill clutch packs in those with low fluid and no lockup of the torque converter.

moab

Post by moab » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:00 am

NT2C wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:49 pm
moab wrote:
Bad TCC solenoid. They can be a little pricey to replace, but nowhere near "rebuild" price if that's all it is. Not 100% sure if the tranny has to be dropped for it (a few years past when I quit the automotive repair biz) but it should be on the valve body. How's the fluid smell? Low fluid, failing TCC solenoid and a burned smell would indicate to me it's rebuild time, and that would include a torque converter. It all depends on how long it was driven with that TCC failing and low fluid. Real easy to kill clutch packs in those with low fluid and no lockup of the torque converter.
Fluid level was fine. IIRC it just smelled like oil. I'm gonna check that again though. Dirty fluid for sure. I was hoping it was just low fluid. But no such luck.

The first guy I took it to said the TCC was possibly bad too. But then went on vacation and I haven't heard from him since. The place I want to go to and trust doesn't open back up until next week. I'm just hoping it's not expensive. I kind of blew my cash on this Jeep and the various other repairs I've done. I can't really take a rebuild hit right now. lol.

The thing that really peaves me is I had it inspected at the Jeep dealership prior to buying it. They should have caught this. It's obvious when you drive it. Last time I'll trust a dealer inspection.

moab

Post by moab » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:14 am

So I finally found a transmission shop I could trust. My main mechanic hooked me up with a friend of his that owns a transmission shop. So I find out tomorrow if it's a $300 sensor or a $1200 rebuild. Those prices are very low - for here anyway. I would imagine most shops around here charging at least 50% more. So that sat well with me. And the guy seemed very straightforward and knowledgeable.

Of course if it's a rebuild my wife is going to have a coronary. So will I considering I had this inspected at the dealership.

Here's a terrible late night photo from night before last. Got the flares dyed. But they need one more coat to cover up streaking. HAd new shocks and wheels and tires put on. Had just gotten it back from the shop. Forgot I need an adapter for the spare. So that's in the mail. Hopefully have that back on next week. Seriously can't believe how much better it handles with the shocks and tires. I even went from a 15' rim and a fat tire. To a 17' rim and much thinner tire. Feels even smoother than before. And I haven't even checked my psi. I told them 26psi. But who knows if they followed my direction.

For what it's worth I took it to 4 Wheel Parts to have it worked on. As they offered a great deal on installing the shocks, wheels and tires. It didn't go well. They quoted me $256 for the job. After having a lengthy conversation with the service rep about the adapters I needed to put these JK wheels on my TJ - which don't match each other bolt pattern wise. And that I was supplying them. Well my wheels and tires were not mounted. So I had 10 large objects I had to deliver to their shop. It took two trips. Once it was done. I went in to let them know they were in front of the service bay. And the service rep pulls up my quote and informs that there is an additional $120 fee for the adapters. So I was sort of held hostage. As I'd already taken two trips to deliver all my wheels and tires to their location some distance from my home. At that point I wasn't going to lug everything back home in two loads. And then lug everything back to another shop. I complained to no avail. So I paid the $120. But it left a very bad taste in my mouth. I wrote emails to both the local stores managers and to their corporate customer service. This was like 3 days ago. Nothing. No response at all. So my vote is avoid 4 Wheels Parts. And it wasn't the money for me. As much as it was feeling like I was getting scammed.

They also had a hernia over my 2" adapters. Which I confirmed were not an issue. With those rims and adapters it places my backspacing at 3.75. Completely acceptable. Or so I've been told by several Jeep guys that know what they're talking about. And I got my turning radius back. As my old tires rubbed. And these would have without the extra half inch from 1.5" adapters to 2" ones.

I felt like I was being scammed by a used car salesman. So no more 4 Wheel Parts for me. I should have stuck with my main mechanic. His price was more than my initial quote from 4WP's. But less than what I ended up paying. He also has an American Tire shop that he works with. So my wheel and tire mounting would have probably been cheaper too. Live and learn. I guess.

So as long as it's only my sensor that needs fixing. Next up will be finishing my flares in black dye. PAinting my door panels and maybe parts of my dash. And dye painting my roll bar covers and soundbar. Replace my locking hood latches with conventional latches. The locking ones are terrible to deal with. If I ever had to get to the engine bay quickly I'd be screwed. They just never open or close easy. It's always a hassle. Otherwise I'd keep them. But the conventional ones will look better too. Then I'll lay down some Second Skin sound deadening material on the tub - I have in my garage left over from my VW project. And some EZ Cool insulation over that. Later on I want to get a full set of carpet and mats from ACC at Rockauto. The best carpets you can buy. And they're priced as much as all the other replacement mats that are half as thick. If you ever want replacement carpet for your ride or an upgrade. Take a look at the ACC brand. It's definitely top notch. And at a very fair price.

moab

Post by moab » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:54 pm

Well I got good news this last week. I fell in with the really hardcore Jeepers in Socal online. Over the last couple months. And finally got referred to Westminster Transmission Service here in Socal. I had taken my Jeep to FOUR other places that all told me I needed a rebuilt or replacement to the tune of $2500-$3500. Joe the owner of Westminster Transmission fixed my transmission in about 15 minutes for free. The TV cable that runs from the transmission to the engine needed adjustment. He did it with a small flat head screwdriver he had in his breast pocket. Took me on a test drive. And sent me on my way.

It's like driving my Jeep for the first time. As I previously had no 2nd gear really. There are some honest people left in the world. At least a few. Maybe a couple. lol.

Also got my new spare put on. But still working on the rubber bump stops to support it. Also picked up two new front seats out of a newer 03-06 model. And I'll be putting those in as soon I receive some brackets that will give me an extra 4 inches of leg room. I was going to wait and try to do everything at once on my Jeep. But I think I'd better pace myself. And do small jobs one at a time.

Next up I need to tackle my garage and getting my shop set back up. We moved from a much larger place. And the garage is filled with furniture and boxes. That we didn't have time to organize. So I'm bringing out a couple guys this week to help me sort it out. And get it so I can drive the Jeep indoors. And have all my tools and compressor set up. As well my work benches. And tool chests. I wanna paint the flares next. But still unsure if my back can take tackling those. It's kind of bitch. And it's all bent over work. And I've had three back surgeries. So we'll see.

ZombieSoldier01
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ZombieSoldier01 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:30 pm

it looks great man.
2008 F-250 6.4 Powerstroke -Zombie Squad fleet number ZS0149
Owner of Zombie Diesel Performance
"Zombies... Coming to eat a friend near you.."

moab

Post by moab » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:02 pm

ZombieSoldier01 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:30 pm
it looks great man.
Thanks. It will look a lot better in a couple weeks. As I've hired a couple guys to help me rearrange the garage and get rid of a ton of stuff. And set my shop back up. So I can actually pull it indoors and work on it. Next up is new full doors, new seats (well both used but newer than what is in there.), and then eventually new sound deadener throughout the pan and new ACC carpet. I'm also going to paint the interior parts including the roll bar covers and various plastic parts that are sun damaged. Someone left this Jeep out in the Socal sun for a long time. It's pretty sun bleached. All except the dash thankfully. Would not like to have to take it apart.

moab

Post by moab » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:30 pm

Well I got my garage cleaned out. But apparently there's no way to screen ex-con meth users in CL. lol. Guy was fast. But man was he and his family weird. Needed to sage the place when he was done.

I thought they left a bunch of food out in my garage as it smelled like a rotting corpse afterwards. Come to find out I left my bait fish out on my table saw when we ditched the freezer. Nice smell. Let me tell ya!

I can now get the jeep in halfway. Once I get rid of this big executive desk from another life. I should be able to pull her fully in. And work on her. I've been going thru boxes. And tidying up. And trying to get all my shop tools and air compressor set up.

First up tomorrow is to get my spare tire fully mounted and mated to my tailgate. Then I might try to take off my sidesteps. Or work on some LED upgrades. I have headlights and interior lights to swap out. And tutorials for all.

Return to “Transportation”