Picked up a new vehicle friday night. It's a 2007 GMC Yukon XL 4x4 99k miles. Haven't decided how far I'm going to take the BOV part of fixing it up. But I got the engine compartment cleaned out tonight at the carwash. Only place that really needed it. Will get it detailed later in the week.
I got the 4x4 over the AWD Denali as the 4x4 is real 4x4. With an auto, 4 low and 4 high. Whereas the AWD is just auto. Because of this it doesn't have all the bells and whistles on it. But planning on adding a few. In no particular order:
1) Sunroof OEM install from the dealer.
2) Maybe a nav and back up system. It's made for a 7 inch? monitor in the dash. That's nav and back up capable. I'd probably go with something aftermarket rather than OEM. I think I'd get more bang for my buck. Any recommendations?
3) NEw tires. The old ones are kind of worn. Still debating all terrain or not. Have all terrains on there now. But kind of noisy. Moving to WA in a year and a half though. Any recommendations for tires?
4) Some kind of lockable box for the back trunk area. to keep a BOB in and other roadside stuff I don't want stolen. It does have that handy cover for the trunk area that rolls out over the top of it. Hiding anyting in the far back.
5) Install my gun safe under passenger rear seat. It's about the size of one handgun and a couple mags. Works in CA. Closest to CCW while driving you can get.
6) Second battery. It has a tray for one. do these autmoatically switch to the second battery if the first konks out?
7) The dash is cracked. Might be a warranty issue. Looking into it now.
8) It needs a main seal replaced. Not leaking bad. But needs to be replaced. That's at the top of my list. And a sensor called a TPMS sensor.
9) Some kind of luggage rack for the top.
10) Gotta check my spare. It's supposed to be a full. But I need to check. If not I'm getting a full size spare of course.
11) Full set of Husky rubber mats. It has blacks ones up front. But I'd like to get a full set of Huskys in grey for the entire car. Including the far back.
That's it for now. If you have any other ideas or help with the above would be greatly appreciated.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin