"Tagging" or "Subbing" posts

Filled with the rules and other goodies you should read before jumping in if this is your first time here.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.

"Tagging" or "Subbing" posts

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:42 pm

Backstory: there was a thread that was interesting to me, but people kept shitting it up by posting "tagged!" or "subbed!" This exchange grew organically from that and turned into a tutorial on how to subscribe to threads without posting on them.

***************************************************************************************************************************

You guys know there are two nifty links at the bottom of every page of every thread, right?

One day, I'm going to randomly start deleting posts that say "tagged" or "subscribed" just to fuck with everyone :vmad:
I survived Zombie Con 2011: Full Spectrum Pain
I survived Zombie Con 2012: Our word is "douchebag"
I survived Zombie Con 2014: <Insert inappropriate website here>

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Re: AAR Thread: MilCopp 2012 Carbine II class, June 9-10

Post by crypto » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:46 pm

Shut the fuck up until you can locate those buttons on all the various horrible themes we use here, or promise that those button actually works on a given theme. :vmad:
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

KC44
Favorite Zombie Movies: none

Post by KC44 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:39 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote:You guys know there are two nifty links at the bottom of every page of every thread, right?

One day, I'm going to randomly start deleting posts that say "tagged" or "subscribed" just to fuck with everyone :vmad:
tagged :clap:

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:11 pm

crypto wrote:Shut the fuck up until you can locate those buttons on all the various horrible themes we use here, or promise that those button actually works on a given theme. :vmad:
Oh, you motherfucker.

Prosilver, bottom of the page:

Subsilver2, top of the page:

Ktukblack, bottom of the page:

Ubuntu, top of the page:

Kkitty, bottom of the page (which is where you can find your links now):

eTech Gray, top of the page:

Prosilver2, bottom of the page:

Subsilver2_zs, top of the page:

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:17 pm

I love you so much, bro. <3 Well played, sir.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

Kutter_0311
Favorite Zombie Movies: too many to get into...

Post by Kutter_0311 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote:You guys know there are two nifty links at the bottom of every page of every thread, right?

Don't these just send you emails when new shit happens on a thread? ZS email automatically goes into my trash bin.

Does anything add a thread to the "View your posts" thingy without actually posting?
JAYNE COBB wrote: Well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar.
TravisM.1 wrote:If a rifle is an option, a rifle is usually the answer.
minengr wrote:I've said it numerous times, a quality rig is only as good as it's weakest link. Which usually is the nut behind the butt.

nimdabew
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD
I am ledgend

Post by nimdabew » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:50 pm

Kutter_0311 wrote: Don't these just send you emails when new shit happens on a thread? ZS email automatically goes into my trash bin.

Does anything add a thread to the "View your posts" thingy without actually posting?
Subscriptions do, bookmarking doesn't. It just puts the thread in an easily accessible place tucked deep within the user control panel.
Thanks Anianna!
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I say when Wee Drop visits the US, we make her ride a goat. You know, like those little monkey cowboys they have at some rodeos. :lol:

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:57 pm

nimdabew wrote:
Kutter_0311 wrote: Don't these just send you emails when new shit happens on a thread? ZS email automatically goes into my trash bin.

Subscriptions do, bookmarking doesn't. It just puts the thread in an easily accessible place tucked deep within the user control panel.
Bookmarks are actually two clicks away:

UCP->Manage bookmarks

Or, "Yo, dawg, I heard you liek bookmarks, so you can bookmark this link to access your bookmarks"

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/ucp.php? ... =bookmarks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Forum Rules”