It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:43 pm 

Ive been in the fire/ems field for 8 yrs and have always had a jump bag. I get a new one almost every year (this is my 7th set up i think). Anyhow, because of my EMS background, the contents of my pack may vary from yalls on here.

This isnt the final setup, as im still perfecting where things go, but this is pretty close to being final.....for now lol

On to the pics!!! - click thumbs for larger versions

-i consolidated 3 bags into this one.....kinda

-picked these up this morning to go in the red handle drug module

-my G36 hopped in the pic lol

-pill bottle is more scalpel blades

-this is part of where mine differs.....tons of 4x4s, abd pads, coban, cravats, and kling

-sam splints of different sizes and reflective traffic vest, also a sam splint guide. Top mesh pocket has bio bags and trash bags

-bottom cinch pocket has adult BVM and suction device

-diagnostic pocket: ears, bp cuff, glucometer, basic corpsman kit, notepad, pen, sharpie! Thermometer(hypothermic), and probe covers.

-airway module. OPAs, NPAs, lube, size 4&5 kings, suction bulb syringe. BCS tucks in there too

-drug module with OTC meds seen above.

-adult collar, trauma dressings and burn sheet sit in long pocketbehind airway and drug modules

*ITEMS STILL ON ORDER*
-Disposable fiberoptic laryngascope & mac 3&4, miller 3 blades
-tube tamer/bite block
-more gloves
-skin stapler & staple remover
-alcohol & bzk preps
-bandaids
-sharps shuttle
-emesis bags
-ring cutter
-sting relief pads (benzocaine)

Let the comments begin

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:50 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Very nice! I went to photobucket and viewed the album at a larger size. Looks good! :clap:

DarkGhost's Go Bag

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:48 pm 
I was attacked by a honey badger

This is a really nice and pretty well thought out setup. Experience in EMS always lends itself to nicely made FAK's, theres a lot of items that used to be in my bag before I went and got my EMT-B w/ Wilderness Add-On that are no longer in my bag, and vice versa. I'll look through this a little more in depth later, I'm actually taking pictures of my new FAK setup. Out of curiosity, are you an EMT-I (AEMT); where I'm from, Basic's SOP/SOC don't include Kings or laryngoscopies, just wondering.

"A Leader Is A Man That Can Adapt Principles To Circumstances." -Patton
My Kifaru BOB
My Dodge BOV
My Trauma Bag

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:45 pm 

Tperkins wrote:
This is a really nice and pretty well thought out setup. Experience in EMS always lends itself to nicely made FAK's, theres a lot of items that used to be in my bag before I went and got my EMT-B w/ Wilderness Add-On that are no longer in my bag, and vice versa. I'll look through this a little more in depth later, I'm actually taking pictures of my new FAK setup. Out of curiosity, are you an EMT-I (AEMT); where I'm from, Basic's SOP/SOC don't include Kings or laryngoscopies, just wondering.

Here in Tx there is no limit to the skills and drugs anyone can push, its up to your medical director. That being said, both FDs i work for allow basics to use Combitubes & kings, considered a basic airway. I carry this bag for "me & mine", im not going to roll up on an accident and throw a king in john q citizen.

Additionally, i am familiar with advanced procedures from working in a trauma center, services with very aggressive protocols and really cool medics (what happens in the box...stays in the box), and ive taken BTLS & ATLS classes.

Everything in my kit i have used multiple times before and am very comfortable with utilizing in an emergency situation.

I am also getting an O2 setup put together i think. Saw a pulseoximeter at wally world for $35!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:21 pm 

Metallitera wrote:
Tperkins wrote:

Here in Tx there is no limit to the skills and drugs anyone can push, its up to your medical director. That being said, both FDs i work for allow basics to use Combitubes & kings, considered a basic airway. I carry this bag for "me & mine", im not going to roll up on an accident and throw a king in john q citizen.

Additionally, i am familiar with advanced procedures from working in a trauma center, services with very aggressive protocols and really cool medics (what happens in the box...stays in the box), and ive taken BTLS & ATLS classes.

Everything in my kit i have used multiple times before and am very comfortable with utilizing in an emergency situation.

I am also getting an O2 setup put together i think. Saw a pulseoximeter at wally world for $35!!!

That's awesome, I wish more states had regulations similar to those. It's stupid the fact that an EMT-B isn't able to do simple IV fluids in a lot of places, I mean honestly, can't they just add a dozen or so hours to the EMT-B curriuculum and certify us for IV's? Makes me happy I'm going to be training as a medic in the US Army in a few months, won't certify me as anything outside EMT-B at the moment, but knowledge is knowledge. Ditto on the 02 setup, for how cheap you can get into an O2 setup, the benefit is really high, maybe $200-$300 tops for a decent setup. One thing I've always wanted to add to my kit as well is a Defib, especially with the fact of how much prices are coming down on them, as well as the refurb units you can buy, you can pretty easily get into a unit with pads, a case, and a new battery for under a grand. Granted, that isn't cheap by any means, if you happen to spend a lot of time in areas with long response times, it's a cheap price to pay when you really need one.

Oh, and those cheap Sp02 monitors are good to go, I got one of the $70 ones from Walgreens for $40 when they had this coupon deal or something a few months back, works great and is always within the same spec as the $300 ones. IIRC their guarenteed accuracy only diminishes with like <70%, which unless you're summiting mountains, shouldn't be a problem.

Since you mentioned this is a bag for yourselves and close friends, do you keep a vehicle FAK for John Q Citizen? I have a bag like that that always stays in my truck, mostly just kerlix, a TQ, 4x4's, tape, and pressure dressings (even though they're out of the new NREMT curriculum), and then two conterra bags, one that is my personal advanced FAK, and then another "bandaging/hemmorage control" bag that comes with for any MCI.

My Kifaru BOB
My Dodge BOV
My Trauma Bag

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:11 pm 

Tperkins wrote:
That's awesome, I wish more states had regulations similar to those. It's stupid the fact that an EMT-B isn't able to do simple IV fluids in a lot of places, I mean honestly, can't they just add a dozen or so hours to the EMT-B curriuculum and certify us for IV's? Makes me happy I'm going to be training as a medic in the US Army in a few months, won't certify me as anything outside EMT-B at the moment, but knowledge is knowledge. Ditto on the 02 setup, for how cheap you can get into an O2 setup, the benefit is really high, maybe $200-$300 tops for a decent setup. One thing I've always wanted to add to my kit as well is a Defib, especially with the fact of how much prices are coming down on them, as well as the refurb units you can buy, you can pretty easily get into a unit with pads, a case, and a new battery for under a grand. Granted, that isn't cheap by any means, if you happen to spend a lot of time in areas with long response times, it's a cheap price to pay when you really need one.

Oh, and those cheap Sp02 monitors are good to go, I got one of the $70 ones from Walgreens for $40 when they had this coupon deal or something a few months back, works great and is always within the same spec as the $300 ones. IIRC their guarenteed accuracy only diminishes with like <70%, which unless you're summiting mountains, shouldn't be a problem.

Since you mentioned this is a bag for yourselves and close friends, do you keep a vehicle FAK for John Q Citizen? I have a bag like that that always stays in my truck, mostly just kerlix, a TQ, 4x4's, tape, and pressure dressings (even though they're out of the new NREMT curriculum), and then two conterra bags, one that is my personal advanced FAK, and then another "bandaging/hemmorage control" bag that comes with for any MCI.

I just have this kit. When i worked in a small rural area, id stop at wrecks & such but here in the big city, i wont. I stopped once when i first moved here at an 18-wheeler fire, PD was on scene and i identified myself as a FF/EMT and An officer, in not so kind words, asked me to return to my vehicle and be on my way.

Ive thought about acquiring an AED but the upkeep (pads & batteries) is a PITA. If i got one for free i might.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:07 pm 

Metallitera wrote:
Tperkins wrote:

I just have this kit. When i worked in a small rural area, id stop at wrecks & such but here in the big city, i wont. I stopped once when i first moved here at an 18-wheeler fire, PD was on scene and i identified myself as a FF/EMT and An officer, in not so kind words, asked me to return to my vehicle and be on my way.

Ive thought about acquiring an AED but the upkeep (pads & batteries) is a PITA. If i got one for free i might.

Hmm, that officer sounds like an ass. Around here I only stop if PD/FD isn't on scene, because a lot of our PD (pretty big city, 90,000) are Basics, and if not Basic then First Responder, and with pretty low response times it's generally not nessessary to intervene. I've stopped a lot out in the boonies when I travel though, and it's always appreciated out there.

Anyway, I know some companies, if you shop around, have some battery/pad replacement discounts if you send in the old ones, if you want to look into that. One company I looked at (dont remember name) would IIRC, on the 7-yr batteries, they'd knock off like 30% on a new battery with return of the old one, which brought it down to like $150, and then pads they'd knock like 20% off, which brought it down to maybe $25 for regular adult pads. Not that bad, considering the original cost of the AED, it works out to maybe $30 a year for maintnance? Could also go with a rechargable battery, pay more ($300 maybe with charger) and not have to replace batteries? Just thinking out loud.

My Kifaru BOB
My Dodge BOV
My Trauma Bag

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:45 pm 

Received the rest of the stuff i ordered!!

My friend gave me an O2 tank n regulator so im gonna pick this up:

Also ordered a bag for the tank and gonna acquire some delivery devices!

This also came in, but is for everyday carry....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:58 pm 

Metallitera wrote:
Received the rest of the stuff i ordered!!

My friend gave me an O2 tank n regulator so im gonna pick this up:

Also ordered a bag for the tank and gonna acquire some delivery devices!

This also came in, but is for everyday carry....

Nice! That SpO2 looks just like mine, but in black. I think you'll be really happy with that E2L, I loved mine when I had it, and only sold it because I wanted antother G2 with Malkoff conversion for my 870.

My Kifaru BOB
My Dodge BOV
My Trauma Bag

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:04 pm 

gives me more ideas... thanks!

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
Thomas Paine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:29 pm 

O2 bag & delivery devices came in today!! I didn't get around to stopping at wally world to pick up the pulse oximeter. will have to do that tomorrow.

Without further adue.......

Contents are:
x4 Adult NRBs
x4 Adult NCs
x2 extension tubing
x2 tubing connectors
x1 D cylinder
x1 regulator
x1 O2 wrench
**COMING SOON**
x1 finger pulse oximeter

I also got a pair of adult macgill forceps and might be getting some ET tubes to augment my kings (in my stomp II airway module)