It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Omega Man's IFAK
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:45 pm 
Offline
I was attacked by a honey badger
I was attacked by a honey badger

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:05 pm
Posts: 1609
Location: Northeastern Illinois
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Jorian wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Tperkins wrote:
Pelican 1200 case on sale at REI, $46.99 (26% off)

http://www.rei.com/product/778223

Careful with REI, I found out the hard way they don't always have the best deals. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is the same case (diff color) on Amazon for less: http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-1200-Case ... =pd_cp_p_0

I found this out when I was going to buy a flashlight at their clearance sale. They were the same price on Amazon but with free shipping.


Right about REI Veritas. Those guys have pissed me off so badly... for their vendors they're a nightmare. They routinely claim bogus shortages, pay late and take early-pay discounts, invent myriad discounts for themselves after their order and create a whole host of other bookkeeping horrors. If they ever DO have a genuine good deal, somebody besides REI is footing the bill.


Actually, I had to work but I was going to take that post down. Some of thier stuff is a good deal, but I went and looked at the major online Pelican store, they charged a lot less. The 1200 at REI was the $46, and at the pelican store (www.thepelicanstore.com) it was $40 with foam $35 without. Only downside would be shipping, so it might come out equal, but some of the larger cases you save a lot. I'm gonna buy a 1400 case from them for a truck med kit I think.

_________________
68W Medic in US Army - Will be back online later this summer.
Emergency Management Volunteer
National Registry Certified EMT
"A Leader Is A Man That Can Adapt Principles To Circumstances." -Patton
My Kifaru BOB
My Dodge BOV
My Trauma Bag


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Omega Man's IFAK
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:07 am 
Offline
*
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:19 am
Posts: 64
Location: Minnesota
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
abfirstaidstore.com has the Pelican 1200 case in any color you want for $35.99

http://www.abfirstaidstore.com/pelican- ... can-cases/

if you plan on buying the inserts from them, may as well just buy it all from them. I got the case and both inserts for about $100 shipped to my door, great service, would highly recommend.

here is a link to all their Pelican cases; http://www.abfirstaidstore.com/pelican- ... can-cases/

_________________
The more you know, the less you need.

PSK | IFAK | Daypack


Last edited by The Omega Man on Wed May 26, 2010 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Omega Man's IFAK
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:29 pm 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 5052
Location: The Mythical State of Jefferson
Has thanked: 114 times
Been thanked: 28 times
The Omega Man wrote:
abfirstaidstore.com has the Pelican 1200 case in any color you want for $35.99

http://www./pelican-cases/all-pelican-c ... ican-case/

if you plan on buying the inserts from them, may as well just buy it all from them. I got the case and both inserts for about $100 shipped to my door, great service, would highly recommend.

here is a link to all their Pelican cases; http://www.abfirstaidstore.com/pelican- ... can-cases/

You first link is broken. Also, link to the inserts? Other than that this is awesome...

_________________
goofygurl wrote:
Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Omega Man's IFAK
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:23 pm 
Offline
*
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:19 am
Posts: 64
Location: Minnesota
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Sorry, I fixed the original link to the Pelican cases.

here is a link to all the inserts; http://www.abfirstaidstore.com/first-ai ... rts-empty/

_________________
The more you know, the less you need.

PSK | IFAK | Daypack


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Omega Man's IFAK
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:36 pm 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 5052
Location: The Mythical State of Jefferson
Has thanked: 114 times
Been thanked: 28 times
The Omega Man wrote:
Sorry, I fixed the original link to the Pelican cases.

here is a link to all the inserts; http://www.abfirstaidstore.com/first-ai ... rts-empty/

Thank you.

Btw glad to see someone has both NSAIDs and Acetaminophen in their FAK.

_________________
goofygurl wrote:
Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Omega Man's IFAK
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:25 pm 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 8:32 pm
Posts: 93
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
The Omega Man wrote:
Sorry, I fixed the original link to the Pelican cases.

here is a link to all the inserts; http://www.abfirstaidstore.com/first-ai ... rts-empty/


Wow, thanks for the link! That's quite the organizer. Does it affix to the inside somehow or just roll up and sit in the case? How about the lid organizer- does it have some type of mounting hardware? The roll up one would work well in lots of cases besides a Pelican, I bet.

_________________
Meat N' Taters wrote:
Red_Ramage wrote:
Dr. Bear Grylls disagrees with all of you


Well, let him put Tylenol Gel-Caps in his shitter all day long. As for me, I'll use as directed. :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Omega Man's IFAK
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:07 am 
Offline
*
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:19 am
Posts: 64
Location: Minnesota
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Phaedrus wrote:
Does it affix to the inside somehow or just roll up and sit in the case? How about the lid organizer- does it have some type of mounting hardware? The roll up one would work well in lots of cases besides a Pelican, I bet.


both the bottom 'fold-out' insert and the lid insert affix via some heavy duty velcro. I bought the case and inserts together so they "installed" them for me prior to shipping. It looks like it would hold up really well to use/abuse.

_________________
The more you know, the less you need.

PSK | IFAK | Daypack


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Omega Man's IFAK
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:40 am 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 5052
Location: The Mythical State of Jefferson
Has thanked: 114 times
Been thanked: 28 times
The Omega Man wrote:
Phaedrus wrote:
Does it affix to the inside somehow or just roll up and sit in the case? How about the lid organizer- does it have some type of mounting hardware? The roll up one would work well in lots of cases besides a Pelican, I bet.


both the bottom 'fold-out' insert and the lid insert affix via some heavy duty velcro. I bought the case and inserts together so they "installed" them for me prior to shipping. It looks like it would hold up really well to use/abuse.

So the structural integrity of the Pelican awesomeness is not affected. That's great.

_________________
goofygurl wrote:
Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Omega Man's IFAK
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:37 am 
Offline
*
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:19 am
Posts: 64
Location: Minnesota
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
quackfiend wrote:
So the structural integrity of the Pelican awesomeness is not affected. That's great.


correct, looks like a 'peel and stick' velcro on the inside of the case. So you could remove it entirely if you wanted to re-purpose the case. On the 1200 case its 2 pieces each about 1" thick and 4" long (for both the lid and fold-out insert), like I said it feels very secure.

_________________
The more you know, the less you need.

PSK | IFAK | Daypack


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Omega Man's IFAK
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:39 am 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 5052
Location: The Mythical State of Jefferson
Has thanked: 114 times
Been thanked: 28 times
The Omega Man wrote:
quackfiend wrote:
So the structural integrity of the Pelican awesomeness is not affected. That's great.


correct, looks like a 'peel and stick' velcro on the inside of the case. So you could remove it entirely if you wanted to re-purpose the case. On the 1200 case its 2 pieces each about 1" thick and 4" long (for both the lid and fold-out insert), like I said it feels very secure.

Do you have a mount for the Pelican case itself at work/in your vehicle/in your home? I have a design for my bike where you'd set the case in an aluminium cradle then run a strap or two across the top to keep it secure.

_________________
goofygurl wrote:
Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Omega Man's IFAK
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:39 pm 
Offline
*
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:19 am
Posts: 64
Location: Minnesota
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
no, my intent is to just strap it under the canoe seat at this point or just keep it in the car when car-camping with the family. I have a couple smaller kits for hiking use.

_________________
The more you know, the less you need.

PSK | IFAK | Daypack


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Omega Man's IFAK
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:51 pm 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 8:32 pm
Posts: 93
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Thanks, Omega Man! That's a pretty badass setup. I'm gonna look into that.

_________________
Meat N' Taters wrote:
Red_Ramage wrote:
Dr. Bear Grylls disagrees with all of you


Well, let him put Tylenol Gel-Caps in his shitter all day long. As for me, I'll use as directed. :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Omega Man's IFAK
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:12 am 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:30 am
Posts: 1501
Location: The Netherlands
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 9 times
How about squishing and vacuum-packing your coban wraps like in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHTeK5XFlOc

Then you would have more room to add 4x4s, triangulair bandage or even a roll of kerlix!

_________________
Image

First-Aid primer and medical disclaimer

"Trust me, I'm a Medic. This won't hurt.... Me. You, I'm not so sure - probably a lot..''


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Omega Man's IFAK
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:02 am 
Offline
*
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:19 am
Posts: 64
Location: Minnesota
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
JIM wrote:
How about squishing and vacuum-packing your coban wraps like in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHTeK5XFlOc

Then you would have more room to add 4x4s, triangulair bandage or even a roll of kerlix!


very awesome idea! I'll have to look into that, it could save a ton of space.

_________________
The more you know, the less you need.

PSK | IFAK | Daypack


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Omega Man's IFAK
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:20 am 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 8:32 pm
Posts: 93
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Great idea! I've got ten rolls of that stuff and a Foodsaver- time to get vaccin'!

_________________
Meat N' Taters wrote:
Red_Ramage wrote:
Dr. Bear Grylls disagrees with all of you


Well, let him put Tylenol Gel-Caps in his shitter all day long. As for me, I'll use as directed. :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Omega Man's IFAK
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:46 am
Posts: 2
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
It's amazing that just a few quick words typed into a search can bring up exactly what I need from 7 years ago! Haha anyways, I made an account specifically to ask you guys (if anyone is still around) whereabouts I may find one of those AB first aid store organizers as I myself have a 1200 case and that is the only one I'm able to find to fit! sadly I believe in the time it took me to find all this I believe the AB store has shut down? Correct me if I'm wrong but is there anyone out there who knows of any leftover pueces I could snatch up or any related ones of the same dimension? Sorry not to hijack the thread as I was very impressed by your post!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Omega Man's IFAK
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:11 am 
Offline
* * *
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:51 pm
Posts: 391
Location: SEPA
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 26 times
No idea where to get the ABFA version, but I recently ordered some custom work from Tactical Tailor, and the price was WAY less than what you would think it would be. I would shoot their custom shop an email, and see what the quote looks like.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Omega Man's IFAK
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:46 am
Posts: 2
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
VXMerlinXV wrote:
No idea where to get the ABFA version, but I recently ordered some custom work from Tactical Tailor, and the price was WAY less than what you would think it would be. I would shoot their custom shop an email, and see what the quote looks like.



Thank you for thhe reply I'll look into it!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group