It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:06 pm 

Mason wrote:
2) The car kit's going to be used for CERT (http://www.citizencorps.gov/cert/) activities.

Define it's used for CERT.
I know CERT teams that go everywhere and CERT teams that do just nothing.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:46 pm 

My fav is Progressive Medical International. They are more geared towards EMS but their prices cant really be beat.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:52 pm 

My local CERT team would be responding primarily to tornadoes, earthquakes, floods and potentially a mass shooter scenario. I'd like to find a car kit that addresses these items effectively.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:16 pm 

Thanks for all the great references to stock up an emergency medical pantry--this looks like a good place to start. I do have a question though, none of the medical supplies shown and available require a prescription to obtain, correct? Most of the supplies look as though they can be obtained by "civilians" such as myself. I would rather be safe than sorry, rather than run the risk of "purchasing controlled substances". Probably the best place to start is with your Federal and State guidelines when it comes to materials such as this. Finding your State HAZMAT , EPA, FDA rules and regulations is the best place to start -especially if you intend to store these materials over a period of time. TRUST ME-one of my first jobs during high school was working for a Pharmacy and Sundries mom and pop store--things do expire and go BAD! Friendly piece of advice!

Here is a good resource to start research upon it http://www.tmgihazmat.com/pages/about.htm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:04 pm 

Bellranger wrote:
Thanks for all the great references to stock up an emergency medical pantry--this looks like a good place to start. I do have a question though, none of the medical supplies shown and available require a prescription to obtain, correct? Most of the supplies look as though they can be obtained by "civilians" such as myself. I would rather be safe than sorry, rather than run the risk of "purchasing controlled substances". Probably the best place to start is with your Federal and State guidelines when it comes to materials such as this. Finding your State HAZMAT , EPA, FDA rules and regulations is the best place to start -especially if you intend to store these materials over a period of time. TRUST ME-one of my first jobs during high school was working for a Pharmacy and Sundries mom and pop store--things do expire and go BAD! Friendly piece of advice! [/size]

Here is a good resource to start research upon it [size=150]http://www.tmgihazmat.com/pages/about.htm

We (Rescue Essentials) sell some items that are restricted in some areas, and therefore require customers to certify that they have the training and/or experience required by local and state regs to order those things... Other sites, like Chinook, offer stuff that is prescription only and you'll need to do paperwork to order those things from them.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:35 pm 

Love the quality of the supplies. Any classes in Colorado Springs for suturing?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:10 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Here is another company to add to the list. I just got some Israeli (izzy) bandages from PerSys Medical. http://ps-med.com/. They have a majority share in First Care Products Ltd, the company that makes the izzy. They are cheaper than Chinook and they have the civilian (white) version, which is cheaper still. Shipping for three 4 inch izzys and two 6 inch izzys was only $7. When I ordered they were out of the civilian 4 inch version. My Autistic brain decided they all had to be the same color, so I ended up getting both kinds in the military version. :lol: They also take paypal, which is great because I had some money in my paypal account. If you are looking for a cheap izzy, cut out the middle man and go direct to the source.

Also +1 for Henry Ford. I ordered some kerlix from them. $2 a roll, no tax and free shipping. Shipping was lightening fast.

Emergency prep and Autism

Acronyms

My photography and art

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:45 am 

great thread.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:57 am 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Total noon question here. What's wrong with the gauze I can buy from walmart? I can nab 5 rolls for 7 bucks, which seems like a great deal. I assume I am missing something, so please educate me.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:23 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

jaowens76 wrote:
Total noon question here. What's wrong with the gauze I can buy from walmart? I can nab 5 rolls for 7 bucks, which seems like a great deal. I assume I am missing something, so please educate me.

It's my understanding that kerlix is a superior product to other types of gauze. At least people on here seem to think so. Have you read the "*Read this before anything else in the First Aid section**" sticky? If not, you should. It has a link to the thread on kerlix. As for Walmart, I don't trust anything from there. In order to have such low prices they force their suppliers to cut corners. When it comes to first aid, you don't want to play it cheap. I ordered my rolls of kerlix from Henry ford Health products. It's only $2 a roll with free shipping. Shipping is lightening fast.

Emergency prep and Autism

Acronyms

My photography and art

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:35 pm 

Purple_Mutant wrote:
jaowens76 wrote:

It's my understanding that kerlix is a superior product to other types of gauze. At least people on here seem to think so. Have you read the "*Read this before anything else in the First Aid section**" sticky? If not, you should. It has a link to the thread on kerlix. As for Walmart, I don't trust anything from there. In order to have such low prices they force their suppliers to cut corners. When it comes to first aid, you don't want to play it cheap. I ordered my rolls of kerlix from Henry ford Health products. It's only $2 a roll with free shipping. Shipping is lightening fast.

Yes and no, in my experience. Kerlex is better than Kling for what Kerlex was designed to do, which is soak up blood. Kling works better than Kerlex when used as an over wrap, the single ply nature of Kling allows for more pressure to be delivered. Kerlex tends to stretch. Secondly, the advantage to buying cheap from Walmart et al is that you can buy more and practice, as well as swap stock every so often so your bandages aren't dry rotted when you go to use them. I understand your point about quality, but high end gear isn't the only option.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:57 pm 

Wow...I almost forgot about this forum until I logged onto an old email account. Guess I'm back?

Anyhow, I was gonna say I have a lot of medical supplies and equipment (particularly ACLS things) still as you can probably peruse from my old posts. If you need something out of the ordinary that isn't for sale on any of the above listed sites, PM me and I probably have it. I would be willing to part with a lot of things for pretty cheap.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:47 pm 

So where might someone purchase this "kerlix" of which you speak. :-) bump for great thread

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:21 pm 

http://www.shopmedvet.com/category/cott ... n-products

This place seems really cheap for gauze and other stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:00 am 

One thing I have quickly learnt while building my kit is to buy in bulk where possible.
1. it is always cheaper per unit
2. you will have enough dressings/bandages/band aids
3. you have spares
4. you can sell the excess to (i pass on supplies to friends and relatives for a nominal amount)

downsides
1. the postie will hate you
2. good luck finding a good spot to store 400 dressings

Tropical Cyclone Nathan: Category 3 landfall 2015
Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie: Category 4 landfall 2017

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:15 am 

Rescue Essentials has a sale going on through Tuesday 3/18/14 on hemostatics and tourniquets. Promo code NOBLEED ... 10% off.
Sorry for late notice!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:08 pm 

Check out dealmed.com. Shipping is only $3.50 and their prices are quire competitive compared to other shops. I have done business with them and have been pleased with their service.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:20 pm 

Jorian wrote:
Rescue Essentials has a sale going on through Tuesday 3/18/14 on hemostatics and tourniquets. Promo code NOBLEED ... 10% off.
Sorry for late notice!

Jorian,

what discounts do we have w RE right now?? I need to buy some things??

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:01 am 

toshu wrote:
Jorian wrote:
Sorry for late notice!

Jorian,

what discounts do we have w RE right now?? I need to buy some things??

Thanks

Right now through Tuesday there are a few specials running. for example the new orange SWAT-T tourniquet is $8.50.... there's a nice Otter box on sale as well as our "In Case of Emergency" (ICE) buckets and bags. By the end of the month we should have our house in order enough to give out a blanket discount code for ZSers, but right now we're selling too much stuff too close to cost. Izzies for $5.30 etc.
If anyone needs bulk stuff, we always work discounts, but you have to call us.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:40 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Is the Chinook discount code still active?

Swords of Legend my RPG gaming blog

My BOB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:35 am 

just found great deal on new CATS with a package of Q-clot.............35 bucks plus shipping, E-mail me and I'll give you addy, computer problems right now, that's 1 CAT (new) with one pack Q-cot (new). 35 bills plus shipping

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:49 pm 

Looks like it has been about a year since I last posted here - hope all of you are well and in good spirits. I wanted to give y'all a crack at some NAR W.A.L.K. bags. These are large medical backpacks (no supplies) that NAR sells for $388.99 Definitely not EDC stuff, but they are great for what they do and how well they are made, would make super mega-bugout bags.
We have 23 of them in OD Green that we are selling for $97.25. It's a one-off deal, so when they're gone, they're gone and the price goes back to $375 on our site.

You can see them HERE.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:52 pm 

Jorian wrote:
Looks like it has been about a year since I last posted here - hope all of you are well and in good spirits. I wanted to give y'all a crack at some NAR W.A.L.K. bags. These are large medical backpacks (no supplies) that NAR sells for $388.99 Definitely not EDC stuff, but they are great for what they do and how well they are made, would make super mega-bugout bags.
We have 23 of them in OD Green that we are selling for $97.25. It's a one-off deal, so when they're gone, they're gone and the price goes back to $375 on our site.

You can see them HERE.

I can vouch for how great these bags are, I acquired one years ago that actually still has the folding litter which goes into the center compartment. Its a solid piece of kit with a ton of storage space.

My Aid Bag
*Standard medical disclaimer applies to all of my posts, YMMV, Always check CNS before and after, never let the new guy drive, don't attempt anything you read here without proper supervision..... Blah Blah Blah*

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:41 am 

Where is the best place to pick up an adjustable flange NPA airway? I just need a single sterile on for a kit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next