Where to Buy Medical Products: The Definitive Thread

Discussions of the best (or worst) equipment to have on hand for use in the event of an injury during an emergency.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Paragon

Re: Where to Buy Medical Products: The Definitive Thread

Post by Paragon » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:39 am

Ech0Sierra wrote:This is just insane, but no prescription required, just a boat!
http://www.oceanmedix.com/?_siteid=ocea ... M-stpackIV
While I don't know what (3) Aqua-C's or the pack might cost, the remainder of the gear (6 x 1000cc NS, 3 x start kits, 3 x admin kits, 9 x angiocaths, and 6PR x gloves) can be purchased through Chinook for less than $43.00, so $295.00 for the kit seems a bit steep to say the least.

I also think that whoever typed the contents list for their Voyager prescription kit must have been dyslexic, as close to half the drug names are mispelled.

Jim

Ech0Sierra

Post by Ech0Sierra » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:27 pm

I agree that Chinook has great prices on the admin and start kits, but I can't find NS anywhere that doesn't require a prescription or medical authorization...I'm assuming the ones in your STOMP II were given by kind doctors? I'm wondering how you got so much awesome gear. Hextend? I don't even think most EMS rigs over here carry Hextend!

KnightoftheRoc

Post by KnightoftheRoc » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:33 pm

Priest0817 wrote: I believe chinook medical carries a dental module that has all the poop you might need in on "complete" air tight packet
Sorry, but the words "dental" and "poop" should never appear in the same sentence- especially in a medical thread :lol:
I'm impressed by the treasure trove of information here- keep it coming!
silentpoet wrote: My first two warning shots are aimed center of mass. If that don't warn them I fire warning shots at their head until they are warned enough that I am no longer in fear for my life.

PistolPete
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:43 pm

nomadic1 wrote:
Tperkins wrote:Do we still get discounts with Rescue Essentials or with Chinook Med?
I believe with Rescue Essentials it is still the 8% you enter code " zomsq " to get the discount . Not sure with Chinook do not order from them as much as I used to, couple of bad experiences... With Rescue Essentials (Jorian) I always get great service, etc...
BTW, I used the zomsq discount code a couple months ago and it worked, but I just put in another order and it doesn't any more. Doesn't keep me from ordering from them, they've got good prices as it is and I've been pleased with service from them.
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

Jorian

Post by Jorian » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:37 am

PistolPete wrote:
nomadic1 wrote:
Tperkins wrote:Do we still get discounts with Rescue Essentials or with Chinook Med?
I believe with Rescue Essentials it is still the 8% you enter code " zomsq " to get the discount . Not sure with Chinook do not order from them as much as I used to, couple of bad experiences... With Rescue Essentials (Jorian) I always get great service, etc...
BTW, I used the zomsq discount code a couple months ago and it worked, but I just put in another order and it doesn't any more. Doesn't keep me from ordering from them, they've got good prices as it is and I've been pleased with service from them.

The current code is "UNDEAD"

Apology to any ZSers who didn't see the note...

And THANKS to all - for the orders of course, but even more for good direction, gear reviews and field tests. Much appreciated.

bamfinc03
Favorite Zombie Movies: I Am Legend, 28 Weeks Later

Post by bamfinc03 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:57 pm

Good info.. But where does one buy I.V bags?
Semper Fidelis.... Vini Vidi Vici...

gicts

Post by gicts » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:02 pm

whoops. Please delete
paramedic and firearm aficionado

My first aid bag
My zombie arsenal
BOB in creation

Does the Geneva Convention cease in a PAW?

ulfhedinn
Favorite Zombie Movies: ehh... Movies... not so much but books.. now you got me.. Some great books out there.

Post by ulfhedinn » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:31 pm

Jorian wrote:
PistolPete wrote:
nomadic1 wrote:

The current code is "UNDEAD"

Apology to any ZSers who didn't see the note...

And THANKS to all - for the orders of course, but even more for good direction, gear reviews and field tests. Much appreciated.
Undead for RE? if so is there one for chinook?
Your friendly neighborhood werewolf

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
Thomas Paine

kwakman99
Favorite Zombie Movies: Anything and all from the Godfather George Romero, 28 days later, 28 weeks later, The Crazies (new and old), Dead Set (UK TV show), Dead snow, Doghouse, Shawn of the Dead, Zombieland, Zombies in Plain English (Youtube) and anything in between.

Post by kwakman99 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:02 pm

ivs doctor wrote:Gunny Can you add where people can buy an aed?
Pm me and i'll tell u sites and what brands and modles to put on the supply list.
Costco online now sell the Philips HeartStart Home AED kit in the US and Canada. Cool looking kit, just the price is out of my league at $1,500 can ($1,300 in US). Strictly for links as I have no experience with any type of defibrillators let alone AEDs.

Canadian Link
US Link
"I plan to live forever . . . so far so good !"

IsotopeGear
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later

Post by IsotopeGear » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:31 am

Great thread, thanks for the links and for the discount code - I'm placing order and every little bit helps.

RE IV Fluids without a medical authorization. I have not purchased from them, but I saw http://www.bpmedicalsupplies.com don't seem to require Med Auth for IV fluids (only have 0.9%NS).

Trout_Of_Death

Post by Trout_Of_Death » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:55 am

Awesome Thread!
Last edited by Trout_Of_Death on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CitizenZ

Post by CitizenZ » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:12 pm

Trout_Of_Death wrote:Someone just recently told me that you can buy Morphine OTC at Mexico... lol out of the scope of this thread? ;)
That's great... if your in Mexico. Obviously bringing back across the border would be way out of the scope of this thread, but within the scope of federal prison and a felony conviction.
"Victory awaits him who has everything in order, luck people call it. Defeat is certain for him who has neglected to take the necessary precautions in time; this is called bad luck"- The South Pole, Roald Amundsen - 1912

wpick

Post by wpick » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:30 pm

Hello All

I'm 60 miles from the Mexican border. Legally, you can't bring it across unless you have a prescription.

Walter

Makarov
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead
The Walking Dead

Post by Makarov » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:30 am

Pathfinder avn.
This company is very helpful with shipping medical stuff out of the US.
Good prices, and stock Celox and the full SAM-line.

If you're a out of the US ZS'er try emailing the owner(Scott) about making an order.
Thomas

Der skal Kugle til en Thrønder

RIP hk33k

Sawlt

Post by Sawlt » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:38 pm

I've been bugging Michael over at http://www.chinookmed.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, and their marketing dept. agreed to set up another ZS'er discount code through July. I'll be posting this in the Bug Out Gear forum "deals" sticky, as well.

(repost from email)

"I wanted to let you know that Chinook Medical Gear is now offering a 10% discount on every purchase of $25 or more for all Zombie Squad Forum Members through the month of July. Just enter the coupon code ZOMBIE to receive your discount. Please pass this along to all your fellow forum members and let me know if you have questions or if I can help with anything else.

We appreciate your business and everything you do to keep our communities prepared!

Take care,

Heather Liggett

Director of Sales & Marketing
Chinook Medical Gear, Inc."

Enjoy guys!

Sawlt

soft_step

Post by soft_step » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:53 pm

Sawlt wrote:I've been bugging Michael over at http://www.chinookmed.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, and their marketing dept. agreed to set up another ZS'er discount code through July. I'll be posting this in the Bug Out Gear forum "deals" sticky, as well.

Take care,

Heather Liggett

Director of Sales & Marketing
Chinook Medical Gear, Inc."

Sawlt
Just saw this and wanted to remind everyone...this sounds pretty friggin good. <--starting my basic FAK.

DocZ

Post by DocZ » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:56 am

North American Rescue is also a good place to look into for good trauma stuff, packs and kits. I was a Corpsman in the Navy and we buy most of our stuff from them. Worth looking into.

Tperkins
I was attacked by a honey badger

Post by Tperkins » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:08 am

DocZ wrote:North American Rescue is also a good place to look into for good trauma stuff, packs and kits. I was a Corpsman in the Navy and we buy most of our stuff from them. Worth looking into.
I second that, and also highly reccomend their PPE nitrile gloves, much better quality than others, along with a longer cuff.
"A Leader Is A Man That Can Adapt Principles To Circumstances." -Patton
My Kifaru BOB
My Dodge BOV
My Trauma Bag

sdenverjean

Post by sdenverjean » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:37 pm

Oh so great!..you can have a one stop shop for all our medical needs....
Keep it up! Thanks. :D

Jorian

Post by Jorian » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:11 pm

Tperkins wrote:
DocZ wrote:North American Rescue is also a good place to look into for good trauma stuff, packs and kits. I was a Corpsman in the Navy and we buy most of our stuff from them. Worth looking into.
I second that, and also highly reccomend their PPE nitrile gloves, much better quality than others, along with a longer cuff.
+1
Good guys, great products. The Bear Claw and Black Talon gloves are without peer afaik. Now they're berry amendment compliant and all the sewn product is stateside made, so expensive, but very good. Even their Gecko Grip tape is a cut above.

Tperkins

Post by Tperkins » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:26 pm

Jorian wrote:
Tperkins wrote:
+1
Good guys, great products. The Bear Claw and Black Talon gloves are without peer afaik. Now they're berry amendment compliant and all the sewn product is stateside made, so expensive, but very good. Even their Gecko Grip tape is a cut above.
I also highly reccomend Rescue Essentials. :mrgreen: I cant wait for my shipment to get here tomarrow; you guys have quick shipping. I would actually have picked up a set of the boxed bear claw gloves, but I was trying to keep my order under $150, and my order totaled $148.59. Next time I suppose haha, but let me say they have really good prices, and a really good selection of items. And you cant beat a 8% discount :D

Edit: Received shipment this afternoon just as told. Items were packaged very well and very neat inside of the box. Will definitley order from them again.
Last edited by Tperkins on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Kifaru BOB
My Dodge BOV
My Trauma Bag

DocZ

Post by DocZ » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:24 am

Thanks for that one as well. Gonna check out the supplies they have as i need to replenish/replace some consumables in my trauma/FAK bag.

Tperkins

Post by Tperkins » Sun May 01, 2011 9:31 pm

I know it's not a store per-se, but due to a few below described purchases I really think ebay is underrated for medical supplies. Finding a good seller is key though.

Over the last week I bought the following

- Lot of 2 Hem-Con 4x4 bandages for $16 + $2.99 ship. From Chinook Med a single HemCon 4x4 retails for over $150

-North American Rescue CAT (Combat Application TQ) for $10.51, retails at apprx $35 plus shipping

-15 Rolls of Kendall Kerlix, for $21 shipped. Around here, I usually pay $3 per roll of Kerlix.

Just look for sellers with good ratings and comments; I use to be iffy of ebay, but have had multiple sucessful purchases since I signed up.
My Kifaru BOB
My Dodge BOV
My Trauma Bag

DocZ

Post by DocZ » Mon May 02, 2011 12:59 am

Now thats a steal. :)

Return to “First Aid”