GSA auctions

Discussions of the best (or worst) equipment to have on hand for use in the event of an injury during an emergency.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

tiktok

GSA auctions

Post by tiktok » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:19 am

Has anyone ever checked out this site?

http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/gsaauctions

They have lots of stuff for auction and I've seen medical supplies for auction there that would let you start your own hospital.

I've never bid on anything since I just started looking at the site. Sorry if someone has mentioned this before. I did a quick search and didn't see anything.
The man who would be a warrior considers it his most basic intention to keep death always in mind, day and night, from the time he first picks up his chopsticks in celebrating his morning meal on New Year's Day to the evening of the last day of the year. - Daidoji Yuzan

TheFreakinBear
Favorite Zombie Movies: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trilogy, Boondock Saints, 300, Snatch, Ghostbusters, Ice Age.

Post by TheFreakinBear » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:31 pm

That's awesome! There's a lot of junk on there but there are some gems on there. If someone's got the money for one of the used vehicles, somebody could up armor them. Sweet deal though.
ImageImage

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:32 pm

Damn, 8 pages of FEMA trailers? Heh. Makes me wish I had a lot to put an RV on.
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

TheFreakinBear
Favorite Zombie Movies: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trilogy, Boondock Saints, 300, Snatch, Ghostbusters, Ice Age.

Re: GSA auctions

Post by TheFreakinBear » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:57 pm

I found a bunch of awesome stuff on the GSA Auction site today. For example you can currently bid on a lot of 27 expedition display cases which are basically what you would throw equipment and gear into if you are going on some kind of hardcore expedition. If it wasn't for the fact I lack a truck I would bid on the lot....it's at $25 currently for the entire lot....Hmmm...I might be renting a U Haul here soon.......
ImageImage

TheFreakinBear

Post by TheFreakinBear » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:58 pm

Oh, and the best way to search is locally as you have to pick everything up...unless you want to drive across the country to pick something up that is.....

That auction I'm watching is only an hour away so I'm stoked...I'll keep watching it for the next couple of days and see what happens. It would only cost me about $100 for over $2000 worth of equipment.
ImageImage

TheFreakinBear

Post by TheFreakinBear » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:08 pm

http://www.govliquidation.com/military-clothing.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check THAT out!
ImageImage

COMB2

Post by COMB2 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:23 pm

govliq site is bad ass

I was checking out the boots 70 pair for $150 !!!! Hell you could toss them if they got a little mud on them. Name brand boots too. Stuff that cost you $80-$90 a pair if you buy them online. Bad thing is I can't find them in my size. :oops:
The good thing about pain is, it lets you know your alive!

TheFreakinBear

Post by TheFreakinBear » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:13 pm

I check it every so often but I saw a lot of good stuff on there so I decided to bump the thread. Belleville boots can be uber expensive. I saw an auction for 180 some pairs in 1 lot and bidding started at $25.
ImageImage

exon111

Post by exon111 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:00 pm

Government auctions are awesome, especially GL http://www.govliquidation.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

docrock

Post by docrock » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:22 pm

If your military you can make an account at medlog.detrick.af.mil and snag stuff before it hits DRMO (govt auction). I've gotten tons of good stuff from it from $1200 laryngoscope kits, stomp II aid bags for all my CLS guys, and a 42" plasma TV from an airforce hospital.
You need to turn off that ACOG before the batteries die

mhidpa

Post by mhidpa » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:25 pm

docrock wrote:If your military you can make an account at medlog.detrick.af.mil and snag stuff before it hits DRMO (govt auction). I've gotten tons of good stuff from it from $1200 laryngoscope kits, stomp II aid bags for all my CLS guys, and a 42" plasma TV from an airforce hospital.
Ok I signed up, can you help me navigate this site? Where do I look for stuff?

docrock

Post by docrock » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:46 am

You sign in, click the procurement tab, then go down to I think the TRIMEDS tab and click on search for medical excess.
You need to turn off that ACOG before the batteries die

Return to “First Aid”