I joined the club

Discussions of the best (or worst) equipment to have on hand for use in the event of an injury during an emergency.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

jnathan
Meat Popsicle
Meat Popsicle

I joined the club

Post by jnathan » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:42 am

Hey friends... I should probably spend more time on the forums, and plan to, especially in the First Aid section. I've finally got a credential, albeit a basic one. Passed my NREMT-B a couple weeks back and I'm looking forward to some fun interaction and learning some more from the actual medical professionals (unlike me).

-Jeff
My name is Jeff, not Jonathan. Jonathan would fit...

ZSC:020 Chicagoland | How to search ZS | GHB

woodsghost

Re: I joined the club

Post by woodsghost » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:37 am

Excellent! I have to up my credentials. But first I have to re-certify in the the very basic credentials.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:10 pm

Awesome! Once I get settled into the property first aid is one of the big things I want to work on. I've got lots of nurse friends who work in everything from brain surgery and trauma, to quack in the box's patching up cuts and scraps so I've got lots of brains to pick and get some advice as well as trying to get some basic certs.

Also welcome back jnathan!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

jnathan
Meat Popsicle
Meat Popsicle

Post by jnathan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:31 pm

Thanks to you both, when the cobbler's children are shoeless, the cobbler looks like a jerk. :P

It might seem a little cheesy, but one of the coolest things about prepping is the ability to help others and first aid seems to be one of the best opportunities we have for that.

Not long after joining ZS in 2008, a member here sent me a box of first aid stuff to get started. I'll bet there's a lot of paying-it-forward that could happen in terms of skills and even first aid items.

-Jeff
My name is Jeff, not Jonathan. Jonathan would fit...

ZSC:020 Chicagoland | How to search ZS | GHB

KJ4VOV
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by KJ4VOV » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:52 pm

My credentials are so far out of date they probably don't even show up in the databases anymore. My last renewal was in the mid 90s., right before I hung up my scope completely. No way would I want to go back to it now (and truthfully I'm in no kind of physical shape to do so even if I wanted to), but the basics tend to stay with you and I've been able to keep myself patched up pretty well since then. Good to see you younger folk getting involved in it and getting the training.

<tips hat to group>
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:01 pm

jnathan wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:31 pm
Not long after joining ZS in 2008, a member here sent me a box of first aid stuff to get started. I'll bet there's a lot of paying-it-forward that could happen in terms of skills and even first aid items.

-Jeff
I doubt it was me because I was not a member in 2008 but a little known secret is that everyone who posts a legit incident where they used their personal medical supplies off job to help a stranger or service member gets a free box of medical supplies from me. I can only recall doing it 3-4 times but the names of the people I have sent them to escape me. It is nothing Earth shattering, trying to reinforce good behavior is all.
"Big Thanks - I promise to advance your agenda within the secret and omnipotent councils of the Trilateral Commission"

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

Return to “First Aid”