first aid question

Discussions of the best (or worst) equipment to have on hand for use in the event of an injury during an emergency.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

taipan821

Re: first aid question

Post by taipan821 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:55 am

With my knowledge of WHS laws (Queensland, Australia)
Did they get the right qualification? We have codes for all qualifications, if the US has something similar look the code up and see if it is the right one. For example Code HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation

Depending on the course, some may run for 1/2 day, while others may run for a week, the difference is what content is covered in hoow much detail
Vincent Tornado: 2013
Tropical Cyclone Ita: Category 5 landfall 2014
Tropical Cyclone Marcia: Category 5 landfall 2015
Tropical Cyclone Nathan: Category 3 landfall 2015
Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie: Category 4 landfall 2017

K9medic

Re: first aid question

Post by K9medic » Sun May 28, 2017 7:19 am

Hi victorgrant, first off im assuming your talking about UK staff ?

You are correct that to maintain the First Aid at Work certificate, students should compleate a 12 hour (2day) requlifacation course every 3 years.

However in low risk situations a company can send the staff on the 6 hour (1 day) Emergency First Aid at Work course. This is a stand alone course and not a requlifacation of FAW.

Which course your staff require will depend on the companies risk assessment.

If you need any help finding the relevent legislation let me know, i have been teaching first aid in the UK for the last 25 years.
"small tin of sardines with easy ringpull (I don't understand why, but I carry it)" Redstain

Return to “First Aid”