It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:37 am 

Hello,

I am looking for a website which sells lidocaine. Lidocaine without Epinephrine.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:39 am 

Your on the wrong site. It's a controlled medication. It's illegal. Look somewhere else.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:08 am 

IANMCDEVITT wrote:
Your on the wrong site. It's a controlled medication. It's illegal. Look somewhere else.

there are several OTC Lidocaine rubs on the market.

I use Amazon to order mine, you will get what you order, and can have a higher confidence that the product is in fact OTC legal.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:13 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Chemical supply distributors are one source. http://www.sciencelab.com/page/S/PVAR/10419/SLL1060 for example, and USP too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:39 am 

I buy mine at Walmart, they sell stuff online too.

Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:57 pm 

Whoops, your right. My apologies, If your looking for an anal-rectal rub or "aspercreme" go for it. If your looking for a local anesthetic of a medical grade level, in the USA, anything possibly used with a needle at 0.5-1%, your on the wrong site.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:09 pm 

emclean wrote:
IANMCDEVITT wrote:

there are several OTC Lidocaine rubs on the market.

I use Amazon to order mine, you will get what you order, and can have a higher confidence that the product is in fact OTC legal.

The topical 5% lidocaine solution are OTC legal. Most pharmacies and drug stores carry them. I can't speak for the injectables. If it is OTC legal, you might be able to find them through dental suppliers.

I'm afraid to ask, but why do you want a local injectable anesthetic? The only time I've ever seen it used was minor surgery and dental work.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:14 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Close_enough wrote:
I'm afraid to ask, but why do you want a local injectable anesthetic? The only time I've ever seen it used was minor surgery and dental work.

Even then, Lidocaine (from my experience with dental work) requires careful application; you can't just stick someone and expect it to work, it requires a fairly high knowledge floor when it comes to injection sites. I'm hoping they have the necessary training, experience and certs to actually use Lidocaine effectively and safely.

Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:20 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Close_enough wrote:

As a trained person it's pretty high on my list of things I want somebody to be able to make for me. As an injectable, it's useful for some reasonably mid-sized surgeries as well. If you know how to do nerve blocks* you can numb up somebody's whole hand well enough to amputate a finger without them really feeling it. In emergencies cesarians can done with local - still ouchy but doable. I've seen a hernia repaired under just local (plus sedation but I know people know how to make alcohol so...). That's before we talk about what you can do to a limb with something called a Bier Block. It's a godsend for dental work/dental pain. That's without mentioning sutures/abscess drainage.

(*A trained anesthetist especially with a portable ultrasound can do absolutely AMAZING nerve blocks. I'm talking about the ones the rest of us professional yahoos can do by external landmarks.)

Seriously, I suspect lack of good local anesthesia was a big part of why all the town doctors in the old westerns I saw were drunks.

Having said that - yeah, it's not something for the random layperson to just pick up. Even the topical has some issues (rare, but can be deadly) And synthesis if injectible would need to be REALLY REALLY sterile and there's a couple threads around here of how that can go wrong. And it does expire. But very reasonable for someone trained to want in stock.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:41 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

duodecima wrote:
That's before we talk about what you can do to a limb with something called a Bier Block. It's a godsend for dental work/dental pain.

For a second I read that as Bier Blocks were a godsend for performing dental work. lol

Another source for inj lidocaine is Mountainside Medical: https://www.mountainside-medical.com/co ... -50ml-vial Never ordered from them personally but they get good reviews and no scrip required. They sell inj sodium bicarb as well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:17 am 

What are you going to use it for? Perhaps there's some better compounds that will do what you want...

edit:

Lidocaine has so many indications that it'd be very time consuming to discuss them all especially the "older" indications (cardiac disarrythmia, post head injury sedation) and they're really of no use in the back country or disaster medicine.

Likley you're wanting to use it as a "numbing agent" for some sort of procedure or pain relief. Lidocaine jelly, to my recollection, is OTC in the States for severe sunburn but its only good for unbroken skin and certainly not for injection. If you're interested in using it to facilitate wound closure then I'd still recommend against it as an injection. Most digital blocks are administered for two purposes; to numb the area which allows wound infiltration and examination, and to provide a local anesthesia for the placement of sutures. I am totally against suturing in the back country so that eliminates one use.

About the only use I can think of would be using lidocaine topically over an injury to provide some anesthesia while the wound is cleaned and debrided. The deep scrubbing and irrigation of a wound is painful but necessary to remove gross contamination and microscopic pathogens and if it's not done properly and the wound is closed then you'll just be trapping these pathogens in an area that is selective for them to grow. After a wound has been thoroughly cleaned as much as possible without causing pain, usually cleaning the area around it, I would find it appropriate to use a piece of gauze soaked in lidocaine to provide anesthesia while you work to scrub the wound, irrigate it with potable water and debride any dead tissue.

7-Day Wilderness First Responder(WFR)
2-Day Wilderness First Aid(WFA)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:53 am 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

I was troubled by toothache some time ago... I found that Adult Bonjela did no good... because it contained no Lidocaine.

Junior Bonjela.... that did the trick, 0.5% w/w Lidocaine.

My Guide to Primitive Fletching
Cymro wrote:
Seriously, I'm not sure I'd fuck with Ad'lan if he had his bow with him. I just don't see that ending well.

Please Check out my PAW Story, Fagin