It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:52 pm 

ImageImageImage
AED, BVM, TQ, pressure dressings, hemostatic guaze, roller gauze, gauze pads, sam splints around the outside padding, triangular bandages, diagnostic tools, documentation tools, cold packs, ect....
topical first aid items, chewable asprin, oral glucose, ect...
vented chest seals, occlusive dressings, oral and nasal airways, ect....
oral meds, minor wound dressings, ect....
LBT 1562
tape, TQ, pressure dressing, roller gauze, gauze pads, ace wrap, gloves, tools, ect...
diagnostic tools: bp cuff, steth, pulse ox, blood glucose meter, documentation, ent kit, ect....
pressure dressings, hemostatic gauze, compressed gauze, ect....
oral and nasal airways, chest seals, occlusive dressings, decomp. needles, ect...
rx meds and admin supplies in pelican box, SAM junctional TQ in top pouch, ect....
back pockets: sam splints, triangular bandages, hypothermia wrap, c collar, ect...
SAM juntional TQ
suction and BVM
dry and wet burn dressings
IV fluids, saline lock kits, IV admin sets, spare IV supplies, IO, sharps container, ect....
advanced airway: king tubes, cric kit, ect...
ET tubes, tube holder, CO2 detector, ect....
limited intubation set, surgical airway supplies, ect....
ImageImage
first aid kit: TQ, hemostatic guaze, basic bandages, oral meds, topical first aid supplies, ect...
IFAK
pressure dressing, hemostatic gauze, TQ, chest seals, tape, compressed gauze
nasal airway, decomp. needle, gloves
hypothermia wrap
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited by trecash6850 on Tue May 03, 2016 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:22 am 

Before I say anything (nice setup by the way)

what is the level of your clinical training?

Tropical Cyclone Nathan: Category 3 landfall 2015
Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie: Category 4 landfall 2017

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:35 am 

Some items are advanced for my scope of practice but I've been fully trained in everything I carry.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:50 am 

OK, now the kit looks awesome :awesome:

I'm starting to be a little apprehensive when I people (not usually on this forum though) with advanced stuff and no training

I love the tiered response you have and how you have grouped things together that are used together (AED and ventilation) and how the items required urgently are available first

Tropical Cyclone Nathan: Category 3 landfall 2015
Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie: Category 4 landfall 2017

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:00 am 

My kits are packed for minor off road driving in the mountains of Va. and reflect a 1-2 hour max evac. times to higher level care. I have many more items not pictured stored in the vehicle. D size O2 tank, traction splint, evac. stretcher, hypothermia kits ect...

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:27 am 

wow dude, did you pay for all that? How often do you use the major trauma stuff?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 8:35 am 

Yes I purchased everything. I felt it necessary to be able to respond appropriately if needed. I joined the local rescue squad for training and experience and the fire department to assist in search and rescue. I also have a shooting range on my property with a 20-30 minute response time for rescue.Image
I've been involved with a few wilderness calls with the fire department with minor injuries but nothing major yet. Running on the squad I obviously don't use my equipment but have seen my fair share of trauma.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:48 pm 

Sorry if my questions seem kind of mundane, I am usually away for long periods. So what is the "Advanced Medical Life Support" card, what skills did you learn? I knew it was about time someone tried to throw around their membership numbers and start having a TCCC class with a "certification"........The NAEMT, huh? Was their TCCC different than what you learned while in the military?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:19 pm 

https://www.naemt.org/education/amls/whatisAMLS.aspx

I was thinking, there is a man who takes his down time seriously.

All you need now is a running partner and decent communications.

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:36 pm 

IANMCDEVITT wrote:
Sorry if my questions seem kind of mundane, I am usually away for long periods. So what is the "Advanced Medical Life Support" card, what skills did you learn? I knew it was about time someone tried to throw around their membership numbers and start having a TCCC class with a "certification"........The NAEMT, huh? Was their TCCC different than what you learned while in the military?

AMLS was basically building on prior knowledge of "medical" ( non trauma) emergencies by using critical thinking to come to a differential diagnosis and treat the situation effectively. I've never served in the military so I can't speak to the similarities or differences of the TCCC class. The NAEMT classes are fairly well respected and many agencies require certain certifications for employment.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:40 pm 

Stercutus wrote:
https://www.naemt.org/education/amls/whatisAMLS.aspx

I was thinking, there is a man who takes his down time seriously.

All you need now is a running partner and decent communications.

My neighbor is a critical care paramedic and I've got some nice coms thanks to the fire and rescue agencies I'm affiliated with

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 3:03 pm 

That certainly is a lot of gear. Be happy that you have it available. if I was you, I'd try and pare down and start to try and do more with less..............I've had that amount of gear twice in my life. The first time was of course on the road for my first twenty five years in EMS doing Intercepts. The second time was on the contact line in the Ukraine, in the LPR. In the minefields of no-man's-land all day, PROM mines of all sizes. Even then I pared down significantly. Now, I wish I had that to teach with and treat at my current and always favorite position. It would be easier for my people, but again, I'm glad we have to do more with less......I hope to God you never have to use any of that.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 2:25 pm 

Ever have a chance to get the junction TQ on anyone? I am curious how successful people are with them, especially during ground transport.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:42 pm 

VXMerlinXV wrote:
Ever have a chance to get the junction TQ on anyone? I am curious how successful people are with them, especially during ground transport.

Unfortunately not the pelvic strap is force limited by a one time use mechanism. I've practiced taking a knee to the femoral pressure point in classes and the SJT works on the same principal.
VXMerlinXV wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:48 pm 

IANMCDEVITT wrote:
That certainly is a lot of gear. Be happy that you have it available. if I was you, I'd try and pare down and start to try and do more with less..............I've had that amount of gear twice in my life. The first time was of course on the road for my first twenty five years in EMS doing Intercepts. The second time was on the contact line in the Ukraine, in the LPR. In the minefields of no-man's-land all day, PROM mines of all sizes. Even then I pared down significantly. Now, I wish I had that to teach with and treat at my current and always favorite position. It would be easier for my people, but again, I'm glad we have to do more with less......I hope to God you never have to use any of that.

Thank you for the advice.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:33 pm 

Cravats.
Needs more - best weight to use ratio in the bag.

Seriously though, nice kit. I have a similar, although less organized, "ambulance in a box" kit in my pov. We run a lot of medicals and since I office out of my truck I'm always mobile.
You mentioned doing a lot of offroading, you might look into a ked or short board to round things out.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:37 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

trecash6850 wrote:
VXMerlinXV wrote:

Unfortunately not the pelvic strap is force limited by a one time use mechanism. I've practiced taking a knee to the femoral pressure point in classes and the SJT works on the same principal.
VXMerlinXV wrote:

Actually if it looks anything like the SAM sling the pressure buckle clicks when the right amount of force is applied and resets when you release the pressure so it's not a one-time-use item (not for training anyways)

First-Aid primer and medical disclaimer

"Trust me, I'm a Medic. This won't hurt.... Me. You, I'm not so sure - probably a lot..''

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:50 am 

JIM wrote:
trecash6850 wrote:
VXMerlinXV wrote:

VXMerlinXV wrote:

Actually if it looks anything like the SAM sling the pressure buckle clicks when the right amount of force is applied and resets when you release the pressure so it's not a one-time-use item (not for training anyways)

I did not realize the the click buckle would release when pressure was released.
JIM wrote:
trecash6850 wrote:
VXMerlinXV wrote:

VXMerlinXV wrote:

I did not realize the the click buckle would release when pressure was released. Cool thank you.
Image[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160508/232cf640d4d3e159a52bcb3a3754e3c5.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 7:23 am 

Hey, quick question, what is the upkeep like on the AED? Does it need to be recerted/updated by the manufacturer every so often? How do you keep it charged?

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:57 pm 

Headlamp and fluro vest for the night time?

An umbrella or tarp to keep a bit of the rain off.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 2:19 pm 

VXMerlinXV wrote:
Hey, quick question, what is the upkeep like on the AED? Does it need to be recerted/updated by the manufacturer every so often? How do you keep it charged?

The AED runs a continuous self test with an indicator icon to show readiness status. They run on a lithium battery and have a standby rating lasting several years. The batteries are consumable as are the pads which also carry an expiration date. The Phillips model I own is the same you see in cabinets at many public locations.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 2:26 pm 

drop bear wrote:

Headlamp is in the bag. If I'm in location requiring hi viz for safety reasons I'm in my vehicle and I've got a vest and pants right inside the back for that. Also in the
drop bear wrote:

Headlamp is in the bag. If I'm in location requiring hi viz for safety reasons I'm in my vehicle and I've got a vest and pants right inside the back for that. Also in the bag are hypothermia wraps which could be used for protection from inclement weather.ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:22 pm 

Solid kit, I love that LBT Bag. AMLS was one of the best courses that I ever took as far as Medical patient management goes. Its optional in my state for Paramedics and Prehospital RNs, but I take it every few years anyway. Great course.