Tour De France or some French bike thing in Yorkshire :D

Discussions of the best (or worst) equipment to have on hand for use in the event of an injury during an emergency.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

K9medic

Tour De France or some French bike thing in Yorkshire :D

Post by K9medic » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:51 pm

With less than two days notice I was asked to join a medical team for some French bike thing in Yorkshire (TDF)

The company employing me was contracted to provide 3 days of cover to a music festival on the route of the TDF (Sunday). The team consisted of 1 Doctor, 3 Ambulance techies and 3 FPOS (I) as well as an Ambulance to look after 4999 visitors and staff.

I’m the sun burn “cuddly” bloke in the middle

Image[/URL]

Here’s a picture of some of our gear (O2, defib, grab bags and consumables)

Image[/URL]

Our “first casualty” of the weekend

Image[/URL]

Over the week end there were local bands performing on the stage, what they lacked in talent they made up for in volume, lots of volume

Image[/URL]

On the Sunday afternoon the crowed began to make its way to the edge of the field to stake out a good spot to see the race (we had our third “blue light” in this bunch)

Image[/URL]

Over the whole weekend we had our fair share of cuts, lumps and bumps to deal with and used the Ambulance 3 times (2 year old girl with high fever and unexplained rash, very heavily pregnant lady, in the crowed, collapsing with stomach pains and a chip run on the Saturday night :D )

I know it says “high dependency” on the side, but it wasn’t

Image[/URL]

As it was a campsite based gig I volunteered to sleep in the Ambulance (the midges were biting) to stop idiots breaking in on the off chance we were carrying drugs (we weren’t, the Dr has a secured case in the boot of her car)

Image[/URL]

Over all it was a very good gig with minimal problems, but a few of them gave me the chance to improve my casualty assessment skills under the guidance of the Dr and a very switched on techy.

O and some people went past on bikes, but it only lasted a few minutes so not really of much interest.
"small tin of sardines with easy ringpull (I don't understand why, but I carry it)" Redstain

TacAir

Re: Tour De France or some French bike thing in Yorkshire :D

Post by TacAir » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:45 pm

Spank'n threads there old man, I like the colour.

Thanks for posting the images, always good to see folks having some 'fun'.
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

Return to “First Aid”