Buying emergency water from Amazon

Discussions of the best (or worst) equipment to have on hand for use in the event of an injury during an emergency.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Sterling1961

Re: Buying emergency water from Amazon

Post by Sterling1961 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:20 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:22 pm
woodsghost wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:53 pm
Ibprofen, Alive, Tylenol, and generic equals would be wise. I didn't see them mentioned yet. Any other medications you might need regularly.
I have found this to be nice & expensive prep. Be judicious.
I find it best to by the generic equivalents at a "dollar" store. I use "Dollar Tree" https://www.dollartree.com/ They have everything for a basic home first aid kit plus a neat little toolbox to keep it in. You can get as second toolbox and put pliers (regular, slipjoint and long nose) cutter and a selection of screwdrivers (including "jewelers" and a neat one that has a few sockets in the handle) I include batteries and LED flashlights as well.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:50 pm

Sterling1961 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:20 pm
MPMalloy wrote:
woodsghost wrote:
Ibprofen, Alive, Tylenol, and generic equals would be wise. I didn't see them mentioned yet. Any other medications you might need regularly.
I find it best to by the generic equivalents at a "dollar" store. I use "Dollar Tree"
I find the generic Walmart brands in the giant bottles are cheaper in a per dose count.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:34 am

Stercutus wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:50 pm
Sterling1961 wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:
woodsghost wrote:
I find it best to by the generic equivalents at a "dollar" store. I use "Dollar Tree"
I find the generic Walmart brands in the giant bottles are cheaper in a per dose count.
Cheaper per dose but not as easy to slip in a pocket on a pack or in a small FAK. I may try making my own single dose packs one of these days. I have a vacuum sealer and some pint bags, all I need is a commercial sized bag sealer and I should be able to put them in a bag in single dose groups, vacuum seal it to lock them all in place, then use the large bag sealer to seal between the rows and cut them apart.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:58 am

NT2C wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:34 am
Stercutus wrote:
Sterling1961 wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:
Cheaper per dose but not as easy to slip in a pocket on a pack or in a small FAK. I may try making my own single dose packs one of these days. I have a vacuum sealer and some pint bags, all I need is a commercial sized bag sealer and I should be able to put them in a bag in single dose groups, vacuum seal it to lock them all in place, then use the large bag sealer to seal between the rows and cut them apart.
Exactly, although there are a lot of cheap ways of doing it.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:10 am

Stercutus wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:58 am
NT2C wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:34 am
Stercutus wrote:
Sterling1961 wrote:

Exactly, although there are a lot of cheap ways of doing it.
I actually already do something similar to this with batteries for things that will be stored, such as flashlights in emergency kits. Vacuum pack the batteries separately so the best by date shows and there's no worries about them leaking and it's easier to tell when they need replacement.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Return to “First Aid”