Looking for a specific aid bag.

Discussions of the best (or worst) equipment to have on hand for use in the event of an injury during an emergency.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

IANMCDEVITT

Re: Looking for a specific aid bag.

Post by IANMCDEVITT » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:14 am

Wow , John E, sounds like you have great logistical support, that's excellent. I haven't had that in seven years. We're I am, if you didn't carry it in , you ain't gonna find it there.

VXMerlinXV

Post by VXMerlinXV » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:09 pm

If there's anyone still looking for a Mystery Ranch SAER pack, there are two for sale on Ebay currently
SAER pack
My posts are my opinion, and do not reflect the standing or policy of any group I may be associated with. Nothing typed here should be considered medical advice, or permission from myself or any governing body to perform medical intervention. If this is a medical emergency, please get off your computer and dial the appropriate local response number.

VXMerlinXV

Post by VXMerlinXV » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:55 pm

Ok, got the bag out for a three day training session. Some lessons learned.

1) I need an upgraded carry system. This pack is a monster, and it throws the center of gravity farther back than normal.
2) Double waterproofing is better than none. Next time, EVERYTHING is in a ziplock.
3) The concept works, having one bag to carry works better for me than hauling a ruck plus an aid bag.
4) Even with a large carry system like this, space goes fast. Every item needs to be considered carefully.
My posts are my opinion, and do not reflect the standing or policy of any group I may be associated with. Nothing typed here should be considered medical advice, or permission from myself or any governing body to perform medical intervention. If this is a medical emergency, please get off your computer and dial the appropriate local response number.

Return to “First Aid”